PDA

View Full Version : weather

Mr P Cannop
18-Jun-08, 15:59
any one else hearing any thunder noises out side in the thurso area ??

rfr10
18-Jun-08, 16:01
Quite possible. Is it bad weather up there? It's bright and sunny here in Wick but according to the MET office, it's been heavy rain showers all day.....

Venture
18-Jun-08, 16:05
MFR have been giving out a forecast for the far north as being heavy rain, thunder and hail. Haven't seen any of it in Wick yet. Quite warm and sunny at the moment. :cool:

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 16:06
Sorry - when I read that first post I thought someone had started up the farting thread again...[lol]

rfr10
18-Jun-08, 16:08
I've just been told that it is torrential rain in Thurso. Hope it doesn't come this way!

sweetpea
18-Jun-08, 16:11
It was amazing to hear, haven't heard thunder for a while. Big downpour just stopped!

angela5
18-Jun-08, 16:14
Sorry - when I read that first post I thought someone had started up the farting thread again...[lol]

I actually thought it was going to be an aeroplane flying over Thurso again.:lol:

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 16:15
Surely not? An aeroplane? Flying? Whatever next? :lol:

Cattach
18-Jun-08, 16:32
Surely not? An aeroplane? Flying? Whatever next? :lol:

Well, of course, you do get them on the ground making a lot of noise too - whether on the ground on purpose or by accident.

teddybear1873
18-Jun-08, 16:37
Blame me. My backside has serious hiccups.

Tighsonas4
18-Jun-08, 17:28
by this it seems that wick is the sunny side of caithness, [lol]
maybe tuggs has something to do with it lol [lol] tony

speedo215
18-Jun-08, 17:36
it was wet at work today as i got soaked and there was thunder there last week

rainbow
18-Jun-08, 18:38
Its been beautiful in Wick all day - warm and sunny and sun tan weather. Long may it last.

mccaugm
18-Jun-08, 18:46
Im in Halkirk, so far today we have had sunshine, rain, torrential rain, thunder, lightening and now its just a bit dull with a little sunshine trying to poke through.

dirdyweeker
18-Jun-08, 19:15
Had heavy showers when we visited Thurso today. The rain seemed to stop at Watten. Temp in Thurso was 11.5 when I left about noon. In Watten as I drove through it was 17.5!!
Sun shone the rest of the way to Wick.

Tugmistress
18-Jun-08, 19:23
That's the thing i love about up here, so different yet so close! :D

rfr10
18-Jun-08, 19:59
That's the thing i love about up here, so different yet so close! :D

What's the forecast for tomorrow as I'm off to Skye and don't want rain! :Razz

Tugmistress
18-Jun-08, 20:10
What's the forecast for tomorrow as I'm off to Skye and don't want rain! :Razz

You don't always get what you want lol, take your brolly!

speedo215
19-Jun-08, 21:55
tuggs, what like is the forecast for the weekend

dirdyweeker
19-Jun-08, 23:08
MFR have been giving out a forecast for the far north as being heavy rain, thunder and hail. Haven't seen any of it in Wick yet. Quite warm and sunny at the moment. :cool:

Must have been a day too early with their prediction. Certainly had hailstones this morning in Wick. Unbelievable.

Tugmistress
20-Jun-08, 07:11
Saturday is looking cloudy maybe a drizzle spot or two, Sunday however is looking foul :(

tuggs, what like is the forecast for the weekend

joxville
20-Jun-08, 07:22
We're in for another fine day here in Hampshire. Only 6 hours until I'm lying in the garden topping up my tan. It's a hard life.:cool:

Meanwhile, for all of you stuck indoors because it's raining, use the link to find out when your next sunshine arrives.:lol:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/index_ht.asp

Mr P Cannop
20-Jun-08, 08:39
what like will the weather be in wick tomorrow all day ?? eg 2 - 3pm

Tighsonas4
20-Jun-08, 20:26
Saturday is looking cloudy maybe a drizzle spot or two, Sunday however is looking foul :(
for goodness sake tuggs when are you going to give us a break [lol]
its more like mid winter here tonight
hope the firth will be all quiet next friday regards tony