PDA

View Full Version : Flying Or Trains

dessie
18-Jun-08, 14:20
i priced return from inverness to taunton by virgin..trains...inverness to edinburgh change then cross country to taynton..10 plus hours,,,,,cost around £800..wow i told the wife....now easjet from inverness to bristol..around £160 for the both of us return.also if you hit the right days it can be alot cheaper...

Kevin Milkins
18-Jun-08, 14:38
i priced return from inverness to taunton by virgin..trains...inverness to edinburgh change then cross country to taynton..10 plus hours,,,,,cost around £800..wow i told the wife....now easjet from inverness to bristol..around £160 for the both of us return.also if you hit the right days it can be alot cheaper...
My wife flew up from Bristol to Inverness last week and it was £41-00 total
on easyjet.
Flybee have now started a flight to Exeter which is handier for Taunton than Bristol and if you get the dates right its cheap.
Good luck

MadPict
18-Jun-08, 15:01
I flew from Luton to Inverness a few years ago and it cost something like £45. I couldn't have even driven up for that (days of cheapish petrol too).
The train fare was something else - I could have flown to New York (in America) for less!!!

Great to see that public transport (trains) are encouraging people to leave the car behind....

Fluff
18-Jun-08, 15:03
my OH once got a train from Reading to Aberdeen, 1st class one way for £40!! I wouldn't mind taking the train up, esp the sleeper but it costs so much and there are so many different prices it is beyond stupid!

dirdyweeker
18-Jun-08, 19:21
My hubby took the train from Wick to Edinburgh return.............£15! What a bargain.