PDA

View Full Version : what are smug-heads?

katielou
18-Jun-08, 13:11
Ok we seem to have established what do-gooders are but what about smug-heads?..

Maybe a person that needs to be told to get off their high horse?! ;)

Which is more annoying? - the do-gooder or the smug-head? Or are they both worthy of a kick up the bee-hind? :lol:

Gizmo
18-Jun-08, 14:12
Smug-Head?, never ever heard that term before, you sure you're not thinking of Smeg-Head?, which was used as an insult in the tv series Red Dwarf.

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 14:17
Nope - never heard of a smug-head. Seen plenty of smug faces though...

[disgust]

Cattach
18-Jun-08, 16:11

[disgust]

Yes new to me too. Heard of Egg-Head, Big-Head, Pig-Head, Dunder-Head, Thick-Head - there must be more that I cannot think off at the moment but no Smug-Head.

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 16:14
Come on Katielou - what ARE smug-heads? :Razz

joxville
18-Jun-08, 19:15
Ok we seem to have established what do-gooders are but what about smug-heads?..

Maybe a person that needs to be told to get off their high horse?! ;)

Which is more annoying? - the do-gooder or the smug-head? Or are they both worthy of a kick up the bee-hind? :lol:

Don't you mean smeghead? It became a popular insult after being used on Red Dwarf.

nightowl
18-Jun-08, 19:27
Too much information, joxville!

scorrie
18-Jun-08, 20:22
Don't you mean smeghead? It became a popular insult after being used on Red Dwarf.

If I recall correctly, Lister claimed to have been in a band called Smeg and the Heads in one episode of Red Dwarf.

If you want to see what Smeg looks like click here:-

http://modculture.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/smeg_washingmachine.jpg

Ha-ha, Gotcha!! ;)

katielou
18-Jun-08, 22:03
ok ok i feel an apology is needed here - 'smed head' - have no idea peeps never watched red dwarf...

basically what i was getting at was the fact that 'do-gooders' are seen as quite a negative thing so i thought i'd turn the tables a little bit and ask what you thought of the smug-heads (obviously an abrdn uni term or a term we used but didnt disclose :lol: - those who can't take a telling, think that they are above criticism etc because they are this or they are that? if this isn't enough i'll happily provide a more indepth description :P)

;)

on the other hand I am now intriged by the smed head?? :lol:

katielou
18-Jun-08, 22:04

[disgust]

me thinks same thing - different post code :lol: