PDA

View Full Version : Madonna

RandomHero
01-Dec-05, 22:46
Got this documentry on in the background thats on channel 4. What does everybody think of her? I really dislike her. Her music has gone so downhill and she's often just plain rude. I wish she wouldn't mix music and politics. I wish no1 would for that matter. And to top it off you've got Michael Moore. A man who I wouldn't pee on if he was on fire. All he is is fat propeganda. I think Madonna and all these other music 'stars' would stop trying to save the world by saying war is bad. It's truley cringe worthy.

crayola
02-Dec-05, 02:22
Madonna is fabulous, an inspiration to women everywhere, and a true antidote to male whingers like yourself who can't see beyond the end of your self-indulgently opinionated nose. I've seen your political opinions on here in the past. Those ideas died in the ashes of the concept of "Arbeit Macht Frei".

Women (and witches) of the world unite!

sweetheart
02-Dec-05, 02:33
I've got her latest album, and though i'm not in love with several tracks,
some of them had me dancing. I don't care about her politics. She's not
paid to talk. In that regard, i see her as a "climber", part of the new
american middle class wealth who has climbed her way in to the life of an
english lady, so she can lecture us in her album on what success is.

I like her heart, and her artists spirit, but if i want political commentary, i
don't talk to a fish.

crayola
02-Dec-05, 02:36
I like her heart, and her artists spirit, but if i want political commentary, i
don't talk to a fish.
Eh? I probably agree with you, despite the fact that I've no idea what you're on aboot. :confused:

sweetheart
02-Dec-05, 02:46
Madonna is not a very deep source on politics, so i'm rather inclined
to take my political tea-leaf reading from political blogs, not music
albums.

It was my reference to call that talking to a fish.

Madonna has never had to live as a lower class person in the USA, nor does
she represent the real angry politics of the 10's of millions of persons who
are politically oppressed in the USA... i really find her politics and her
religion to be preachy and based in the artists romantic ontology: that to even postulate a controversy, itself exposes the opportunity to embrace
truth. She did it with "material girl" back in the early 80's, and in that
spirit, is still at it doing her tracy emin.

crayola
02-Dec-05, 02:56
Ok, gotcha. I thought Madonna's beginnings were rather poor, but I'm not sure and I'm too tired to look it up. Maybe tomorrow.

Naefearjustbeer
02-Dec-05, 07:58
I think she looks pretty good for her age:D Bit to muscley though

paris
02-Dec-05, 08:42
I think she looks pretty good for her age:D Bit to muscley though
Totally agree there !!

Jeid
02-Dec-05, 09:32
quite ironic how the whole way through her career she used men to make herself look good, and the one she chose to marry makes her look an ass!

Sporran
02-Dec-05, 09:57
Well I think Madonna's very talented, entertaining, intelligent and imaginative! She still looks great at 47, and she's still a fab singer and dancer. I respect and admire her in many ways.

RandomHero
02-Dec-05, 16:27
Madonna is fabulous, an inspiration to women everywhere, and a true antidote to male whingers like yourself who can't see beyond the end of your self-indulgently opinionated nose. I've seen your political opinions on here in the past. Those ideas died in the ashes of the concept of "Arbeit Macht Frei".

Women (and witches) of the world unite!

You're getting a bit personal there if you don't mind me saying. I'm having a jab at Madonna, not woman. Don't even get me started on equality (i wonder how many woman will take that as a negative jab... well it's not one).