PDA

View Full Version : wedding speeches?

ak1
17-Jun-08, 23:01
Hi my husband is best man at a wedding soon and there has been much debate about who toasts who at the speeches can anyone help please???

joxville
17-Jun-08, 23:12
I think this should give you all the info you need.

http://www.toastmaster4u.com/weddingetiquette.htm

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 14:48
Good page, Jox - you wouldn't think there was so much to remember, would you. I would just shove them anywhere... :eek:

joxville
18-Jun-08, 19:43
Good page, Jox - you wouldn't think there was so much to remember, would you. I would just shove them anywhere... :eek:

Even better-stay single.[lol][lol]

changilass
18-Jun-08, 20:12
Confetti is another good webwsite for anyone involed in a wedding, it has very good 'to-do list' and will even send reminders to whoever is orgainising it.

poppett
18-Jun-08, 23:11
Heard the best "Best Man" speech ever at a wedding last year.

Best man asked bride to put her hand on the table and the groom to put his hand over hers, and stay like that.

He did the usual bit about both bride and groom, wished them well then said

"Thank you all for listening to me ramble on for the last **minutes. During that time %^&^(the groom) has had the upper hand...........probably for the last time during the rest of his life with ^$&*(the bride)."

There were only 24 guests and the 10 on the top table, but the place was in an uproar.

AfternoonDelight
19-Jun-08, 14:35
Heard the best "Best Man" speech ever at a wedding last year.

Best man asked bride to put her hand on the table and the groom to put his hand over hers, and stay like that.

He did the usual bit about both bride and groom, wished them well then said

"Thank you all for listening to me ramble on for the last **minutes. During that time %^&^(the groom) has had the upper hand...........probably for the last time during the rest of his life with ^$&*(the bride)."

There were only 24 guests and the 10 on the top table, but the place was in an uproar.

It's funny cos it's true!! [lol]