PDA

View Full Version : Firewood

the_big_mac
17-Jun-08, 19:57
Can anyone help me?

Im trying to find firewood. I assume I just cant nip out to Dunnett Forest and chop a couple of pines down? However, there is a lot of logs ready cut out there, is it a case of help yersell or do you buy them? And if so, who from?

I really havent got a clue!

Sunflower
17-Jun-08, 20:02
Hi, if you go to:
http://www.dunnetforest.org/ and on the left hand side there is a link for log sales.
Hope this helps
:)

the_big_mac
17-Jun-08, 20:08
Thanks,

It seems that sales stopped on the 4 april? Anyone know if this is the case?

Sapphire2803
17-Jun-08, 20:23
Thanks,

It seems that sales stopped on the 4 april? Anyone know if this is the case?

Paul at Quintfall forest is very reasonably priced, his firewood is excellent quality and he delivers too :)

Click here for details (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=1566)

NickInTheNorth
17-Jun-08, 20:24
You've been pointed to the best source of information, now do a bit of work for yourself :)

Contact us at:
Dunnet Forestry Trust
Castlehill Heritage Centre, Harbour Road, Castletown, Caithness. KW14 8TG
tel: 07770697711
info@dunnetforest.org

skimeister
17-Jun-08, 20:25
Hi, I have recently picked up a load from 'IceRoad' on the org. He is based just south of Lybster and is a nice bloke

EDDIE
17-Jun-08, 22:52
Can anyone help me?

Im trying to find firewood. I assume I just cant nip out to Dunnett Forest and chop a couple of pines down? However, there is a lot of logs ready cut out there, is it a case of help yersell or do you buy them? And if so, who from?

I really havent got a clue!

do u know that most timber yards have to pay to get rid of there scrapp wood believe it or not you would probably get it for nothing if u ask them
I would chop a pine down if you are going to i would be very discreet about it lol but im sure if u were out walking and seen would lying about it would be ok to take it

ywindythesecond
17-Jun-08, 23:18
do u know that most timber yards have to pay to get rid of there scrapp wood believe it or not you would probably get it for nothing if u ask them
I would chop a pine down if you are going to i would be very discreet about it lol but im sure if u were out walking and seen would lying about it would be ok to take it

Eddie,
Dunnet Forest is a community resource managed as a Charitable Trust for the benefit of the community at large. The proceeds of firewood sales help fund the management of the forest for the benefit of all users and "just picking up" timber and taking it home is just the same as "just picking up" a tin of beans in Tesco and taking it home.
Big Mac, follow NITN's advice, you will find them very amenable to arranging "out-of-hours" sales.