PDA

View Full Version : sleeping patterns

cuddlepop
17-Jun-08, 17:08
Do you think its just us women who are light sleepers?

Oh has a habit of getting up in the middle of the night to go to the loo and thats me awake for ages.He just comes back to bed and nods back off.
Its so unfair.

Last week I slept right through the night,sheer bliss.I did miss him but having the bed to myself was heaven.:)

No wonder loads more couples are resorting to separate beds....or is that just a rumour.;)

Venture
17-Jun-08, 18:43
Do you think its just us womans who are light sleepers?

Oh has a habit of getting up in the middle of the night to go to the loo and thats me awake for ages.He just comes back to bed and nods back off.
Its so unfair.

Last week I slept right through the night,sheer bliss.I did miss him but having the bed to myself was heaven.:)

No wonder loads more couples are resorting to separate beds....or is that just a rumour.;)

I think its a case of they don't like to admit that they share separate beds in case folk think its because they are not getting on with each other. Truth be known its because they have sense and know that a good night's sleep is important and certainly a better option for most women than listening to a dinosaur roaring all night. Id say that nowadays most spare rooms have been re-named the other half's (depending on who's doing the snoring) retreat. Except for "special occasions" of course.;)

Sandra_B
17-Jun-08, 19:05
I used to be able to sleep through anything. Then we had children and now the slightest noise wakes me in the night, and it takes me ages to get back to sleep. Having kids doesn't seem to have changed Husbands sleep patterns at all, if anything he seems to sleep sounder...

balto
17-Jun-08, 20:33
I used to be able to sleep through anything. Then we had children and now the slightest noise wakes me in the night, and it takes me ages to get back to sleep. Having kids doesn't seem to have changed Husbands sleep patterns at all, if anything he seems to sleep sounder...
oh i agree with you there, my oh says he wakes up everytime our 2 year old wakes up, but he must be very good at pretending to be asleep, cause you would never think he was awake lol, we have 3 kids so far with another one on the way and he has been the same throughout them all.

Bobinovich
17-Jun-08, 20:54

I'm exactly the same except it's she who can sleep through anything! Made it much easier for me doing the night feeds etc. when the kids were young tho'.

rich
17-Jun-08, 21:19
I admit it. I am a napper. Afternoons usually. So I just woke up and saw this thread. I must say that if some of the hangers and floggers on an adjacent Org thread took a nap in the afternoon they might have a little more of the milk of human kindness. Or at least they would be removed for a couple of hours nap time. Which is fine by me.
If I ruled the world every work station would have a couch, ideally a nice leather job, wherein one could complete the business of digesting lunch.
It must really be amazing to wake up at work at 5:00 pm, enjoying a luxurious stretch and then stepping out of the office into the twilight in time to drop into the local pub for some chat and some ale with my purple faced - but well rested- fellow professionals.
That's what I am - a professional napper. Let other folk get agitated about proliferating gaelic signs, or upset about the luxurious living quarters in Barlinnie prison.
I'll say one thing about crime. You cant commit crimes when asleep. A lot of these bad lads just need to go and get their heads down for a few hours.
So I have a suggestion. Let's turn the ORG off every day between three and four thirty for a good nap. We'd all be the better for it.

cuddlepop
17-Jun-08, 21:42

My eldest is 21 so i guess i've not had a decent nights sleep in 21 years because even when they're past the baby stage "mum's" alwas wake up at the slightest sound.
Youngest is the quietest of the lot when it comes to sneaking in the wee small hours "quietly"......must be all the years of listening to her big sister (sister@brother) and brother coming in.:lol:

telfordstar
17-Jun-08, 22:03
I wake up alot during the night with my som he is 7months old and the slightest whimper or ry and im up but hubby just keeps on snoring until he gets a good dig in the ribs rom me :lol:

Sapphire2803
17-Jun-08, 22:40
I sleep the sleep of the dead, I can get to sleep within about 30 seconds.
My hubby, on the other hand, lays there for hours trying to doze off and then wakes up at the slightest sound.
I am tuned in to "kid noises" and they will wake me, but apart from that I would sleep through pretty much anything, unfortunately that includes alarm clocks :(

sweetpea
17-Jun-08, 23:53

Its so unfair.

I reckon your either a lark or an owl. Upearly or late.

Kevin Milkins
18-Jun-08, 00:03
I get a strange sensation in my right lower leg the doc describes as walking leg.
I often wake up and figit and move my leg around which wakes wife and she gets a bit waspy.
Thats my excuse for being banned from the big bed ,but the plus side is I dont have to lye awake with walking leg and listen to her snoring.lol

Cattach
18-Jun-08, 16:19

Its so unfair.

Couple of points -
In our house it is I and not the wife who is the light sleeper

If your man is the age for getting up at night do not worry as it is something all us men must put up with in later life. If he's not that age then maybe he is aging quickly!

cuddlepop
18-Jun-08, 16:26
Couple of points -
In our house it is I and not the wife who is the light sleeper

If your man is the age for getting up at night do not worry as it is something all us men must put up with in later life. If he's not that age then maybe he is aging quickly!

Is 48 not abit young for prostate problems.I.ve tried the no coffee after 6pm but that makes no difference.:confused
i think he's just got himself into a routine when he gets up through the night.

Cattach
18-Jun-08, 16:41
Is 48 not abit young for prostate problems.I.ve tried the no coffee after 6pm but that makes no difference.:confused
i think he's just got himself into a routine when he gets up through the night.

I am afraid he is getting on a bit at 48, and off and on and off and on........ the pan and the bed at night!

cuddlepop
18-Jun-08, 17:00
I am afraid he is getting on a bit at 48, and off and on and off and on........ the pan and the bed at night!

That spare room will probably turn into his new adode as I'm "more crabbit" if I dont get my sleep.:lol: