PDA

View Full Version : Sympathy pains

AfternoonDelight
17-Jun-08, 12:08
Has anyone ever had pains in their body when watching/hearing stories about people that have hurt themselves?

For example - there was some mind numbing hospital drama on the tv the other night with quite a graphic scene of a mashed up ankle. I could actually feel a slight tingle in my own ankle at the sight.

This is the reason I never watch programmes on childbirth... [lol]

Angela
17-Jun-08, 12:19
You wouldn't have seen the programme that was on last week then -entitled 'Big Babies'....?:roll:

OUCH!

That had me squirming on my seat - though I've had three children myself all were under 8lbs....must say I did start to feel quite ill watching and had to turn off....:eek:

AfternoonDelight
17-Jun-08, 12:22
OMG - I feel quite nauseous...

TBH
17-Jun-08, 13:11
Programs on bugs and creepy crawlies make me feel itchy......:confused

rs 2k
17-Jun-08, 14:11
When i was young me and my sister went to the docs and i got to look in my sisters ear to see what it looked like, i had ear-ache for 2 weeks after that, really bad ear-ache [lol]

When i was at the high school, me and my friends were talking and we were on about breaking legs etc,i hadn't broken anything at that time but the next day i broke my leg [lol]

jings00
17-Jun-08, 17:13
i speak to someone with a hangover, i start to feel rough as well.

cesare
17-Jun-08, 17:16
yawns...........:roll:

joxville
17-Jun-08, 18:05
You wouldn't have seen the programme that was on last week then -entitled 'Big Babies'....?:roll:

OUCH!

That had me squirming on my seat - though I've had three children myself all were under 8lbs....must say I did start to feel quite ill watching and had to turn off....:eek:

I weighed 10lb 10oz when born. My neice's first child weighed 11lb 1oz, her second weighed 11lb 2oz.

lynne duncan
17-Jun-08, 19:34
sometimes we were younger and my brother had hurt himself i used to get sympathy pains even when we weren't near each other (though as mum would say most of the times it was me inflicting the pain!) and vice versa

have heard of this before with twins but there is a 4 year gap between us

balto
17-Jun-08, 20:35
[lol]anyone out there willing to come out in sympathy pains with me, nearly 4 months gone with my 4th baby, and having reqal problems with my back and stomach ligaments, so anyone feeling like sharing it with me let me know. lol[lol][lol]

canuck
17-Jun-08, 21:18
Hands up all those with a sore right foot. It feels kind of like the classic football injury, right? Wondering what it is?

You need worry no more. It is your sympathy pain for my poor broken bone - fifth metatarsus. I had a bit of a run in with a set of stone steps in the old town. Steps won!

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 13:27
yawns...........:roll:

Cesare - you really should get to your bed... are we keeping you up, pet?