PDA

View Full Version : Things you hated as a teenager !

paris
01-Dec-05, 09:10
Everything !!!!!!!

lassieinfife
01-Dec-05, 09:17
Spinich ..... yuck !!!!!!!!!!!

golach
01-Dec-05, 10:21
Learning to shave and spots

guitarzan
01-Dec-05, 13:23
agree wae golach on that one! :D

spiggie
01-Dec-05, 14:59
How everybody always seemed to b having a go.....or could that have been the mood swings...? lol

Phoebus_Apollo
01-Dec-05, 18:01
Parents...natch:D

Saveman
01-Dec-05, 18:06
Brussel Sprouts :(

DrSzin
01-Dec-05, 18:06
My 20th birthday. I liked being a teenager. :confused:

George Brims
01-Dec-05, 18:12
Disco "music"

weeboyagee
01-Dec-05, 18:24
19 was the best year of my life! I still act that age! What did I hate when I was a teenager - 100 questions when I came home in the early hours of the morning (but it wasn't as bad as being one of my sisters - they got 1,000 questions hahaha!) WBG :cool:

htwood
01-Dec-05, 18:40
Altho 15 was prob my best year (oohhhh so long ago), I remember hating the powerlessness of being underage. I hated being stopped by police while riding my bicycle, for no reason except to hassle me. I hated having my opinion swept under the rug by my teachers. Also HATED being put on the phone to speak with relatives I had never met. (oh hullo auntie, um...who are you?)

paris
01-Dec-05, 19:13
My bigest hate as a teenager was 1st being told i was adopted and 2nd finding out i was one of 10 siblings but brought up as an "only child" I always wanted brothers or sisters.( even if only to argue with ) ha ha .

DrSzin
01-Dec-05, 19:42
19 was the best year of my life! I still act that age! Hey WBG, we have at least two things in common!

18 was also one of the best, as was 20 -- despite what I wrote above.

Nice car -- bet you wish you had that when you were 19! ;)

Sporran
01-Dec-05, 20:37
I remember feeling very self-conscious in my early to mid teens, and I hated that! :(

I was more confident by the time I was 17 or 18, though. :)

marion
01-Dec-05, 21:31
I left my teens too soon when I enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps for WWII at the age of 17 years and spent three years overseas. I look back and feel I lost too many of my good teen years which could never be regained. However, at the age I am now I would not like to go back for the experience. Confused? Oh well, so am I.

abalone
01-Dec-05, 21:57
I left my teens too soon when I enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps for WWII at the age of 17 years and spent three years overseas. I look back and feel I lost too many of my good teen years which could never be regained. However, at the age I am now I would not like to go back for the experience. Confused? Oh well, so am I.

I can understand how you feel,there are many,many people who didn`t have a youth becauase they were involved in world war 11.In the last 18 months 2 of my brothers-in-law have passed over,both gave 6 years of their youth,their vital teenage years and over when they should have been enjoying themselves.

girnigoe
02-Dec-05, 00:25
First year in High School.. It was awful!! Im sure im emotionally scarred by it to this day!!!! Being separated from all my primary school mates. And the NASTY P.E teacher who jumped in the swimming pool after me because I wouldnt swim away from the sides!!!!!!!!

angela5
02-Dec-05, 00:32
First year in High School.. It was awful!! Im sure im emotionally scarred by it to this day!!!! Being separated from all my primary school mates. And the NASTY P.E teacher who jumped in the swimming pool after me because I wouldnt swim away from the sides!!!!!!!!

I wonder if i ended up with that NASTY p.e teacher too!
i hated the water and was scared of putting my head under,
i was pushed in.
High school was the worst time for me.

girnigoe
02-Dec-05, 00:41
I wonder if i ended up with that NASTY p.e teacher too!
i hated the water and was scared of putting my head under,
i was pushed in.
High school was the worst time for me.

They wouldnt get away with doing that these days. I cant believe I said or did nothing about it at the time!!!!!!

angela5
02-Dec-05, 00:51
They wouldnt get away with doing that these days. I cant believe I said or did nothing about it at the time!!!!!!

You don't though, but if i knew then what i know now about life, i'd sock him one.
I'd love to come across him now, mind you that was a while ago maybe he's maggot food now.

golach
02-Dec-05, 01:20
Hey WBG, we have at least two things in common!

18 was also one of the best, as was 20 -- despite what I wrote above.

Nice car -- bet you wish you had that when you were 19! ;)
DrSzin 18 was the finest year, I was in the Merchant Navy on a ship called the MV Dundee, registered in Dundee name of the shipping Coy was the Dundee Perth and London Shipping Coy DP&L. A crew of 28 all east coast Scots, from Zetland to Leith.
We sailed from Vlissingen in Holland in February to the Great Lakes and stayed there until December. We did a regular run from places like Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal to Newfoundland where places like Cornerbrook, Botwood and St Johns were the ultimate teenagers dream i.e. 7 females to every 1 male....I had a ball, a girl in every port what more could a teenager ask!!!!!!!

weeboyagee
02-Dec-05, 11:19
Nice car -- bet you wish you had that when you were 19! YOU BET!!!! :D

I had a Black Orion 1.6i ghia for my first car! With a sun roof - my mates used it to hoist themselves through and shout at the girls on the street when we were boyracers (oh no, not that thread again!).

I saw one of the older version of the one in the photo though, in a garage in Glasgow back in 1988, and really wanted one but couldn't afford it! So had to wait a few years, new model came out and chance came up with one in London and there she is - trouble is - to insure it now at the age of 19 would be impossible! :(

If I had a license (something I have found difficult to keep a hold of for the past 15 years!) when I was 19, I would have hated the insurance! (What am I talking about - I still hate the insurance!) WBG :cool:

funky-dunky
03-Dec-05, 19:37
hi yeah am a teenager now am nearly sixteen cant wait, but i hate everything about my teens i even hate fighting with my mum so the better i get out a my parents house the better.
I hate it how my little brothers get away with everything.
I feel like everything in the house that has went wrong was my fault.
So yeah i have to agree teen life sucks!