PDA

View Full Version : School vandalism

Chillie
01-Dec-05, 03:37
how sad, to yet again read of more vandalism in one of our local schools, surely someone must of seen or heard this barbaric act.
This would not of been a 2 minute vandalism, this would of taken some time to wreck these benches and be put together as a skate jump.
Only last year 28 windows were broken in 1 night in wick north school,
Now that cameras are up, maybe that will free police to patrol areas such as these.

twee_dledee
01-Dec-05, 03:53
how sad, to yet again read of more vandalism in one of our local schools, surely someone must of seen or heard this barbaric act.
This would not of been a 2 minute vandalism, this would of taken some time to wreck these benches and be put together as a skate jump.
Now that cameras are up, maybe that will free police to patrol areas such as these. The area is surrounded by houses, someone is bound to have seen something but people do not want to get involved for fear then of their own property. What is the point on people telling what they know only for the vandals to get off with a few hours community service. I dont believe for one minute that this was kids because I think a lot of the young ones now know how to behave better than the adults. Its a shame though because its the young ones that get the blame and have to miss out. The windows at the north school wasn't kids either because they were broken in the middle of the night. If the people who were caught doing this were punished for it then maybe people would come forward and say what they know....

angela5
01-Dec-05, 04:04
What a disgusting act of vandalism, to think that only a few streets away a £50,000 development is going on to create a skate park.
Whats going to happen when this skate park opens, more mindless vandalism.
Look what happened to the nold park vandalised within 24 hrs, and they moan there is nothing to do, little wonder when thousands is being spent only to be wrecked.
As for school windows being targeted cctv should be set up around them.

krieve
01-Dec-05, 10:51
My 6 year old goes to the south school and he came home yesterday and told me what he had heard about it . It is bairns that go to the school and dont live far from it thats what he heard . But without an adult coming forward and say what they seen there is no chance of them getting caught.It might not be true but i believe it knowing what they get up to .

wicker
01-Dec-05, 10:53
The skate park isnt officially open yet but kids have been using it so far anyways, so no doubt it wont be long til its wrecked aswell.

Big G
01-Dec-05, 16:45
The skate park isnt officially open yet but kids have been using it so far anyways, so no doubt it wont be long til its wrecked aswell.

Typical, it is Wick we are talking about!

wicker
01-Dec-05, 17:01
and exactly what is that supposed to mean?

marion
01-Dec-05, 21:35
Now that cameras are up, maybe that will free police to patrol areas such as these.

How sad. I thought those things only happened here in my country.

LENSMAN
01-Dec-05, 21:41
Big G take off your blinkers, there's as much vandalism on the Thurso side as the Wick side.Read the Groat or the Courier.