PDA

View Full Version : On Your Mind (What's?)

CGinniver
16-Jun-08, 16:36
ATTENTION UNDER 25's IN CAITHNESS!

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ART, IDEAS, DISCUSSION?

Then bring all of those plus any sketchbook work and materials you want to work in/with to Thurso Harbour end of Thurso beach on the 1st of July from 1pm onwards!

Ok, so it's an art event. I'm aiming a few of these get togethers at young people during the summer and i really hope with your support and input we can make a success of it. There isn't an art scene for the younger folk up here, and meeting up and discussing work and ideas in any format be it videography, photography, drawing or painting needs to be done. It's a chance to see what everyone else here is interested in and what they want to do and what they are currently doing. Opening up possiblities of collaboration and definatly a bit more inspiration to further your own work. This one has the title, "On your mind (whats?)" as i want to start from a very easy platform to spring ideas from. All young folk tend to have a lot on their mind and are maybe thinking about doing things artwise they havn't got the courage to do yet. So i thought it might be a good starting point.

Let me know what you think, i'm in the process of getting a poster together to advertise it and want to know who would be keen.

Cattach
16-Jun-08, 18:52
ATTENTION UNDER 25's IN CAITHNESS!

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ART, IDEAS, DISCUSSION?

Then bring all of those plus any sketchbook work and materials you want to work in/with to Thurso Harbour end of Thurso beach on the 1st of July from 1pm onwards!

Ok, so it's an art event. I'm aiming a few of these get togethers at young people during the summer and i really hope with your support and input we can make a success of it. There isn't an art scene for the younger folk up here, and meeting up and discussing work and ideas in any format be it videography, photography, drawing or painting needs to be done. It's a chance to see what everyone else here is interested in and what they want to do and what they are currently doing. Opening up possiblities of collaboration and definatly a bit more inspiration to further your own work. This one has the title, "On your mind (whats?)" as i want to start from a very easy platform to spring ideas from. All young folk tend to have a lot on their mind and are maybe thinking about doing things artwise they havn't got the courage to do yet. So i thought it might be a good starting point.

Let me know what you think, i'm in the process of getting a poster together to advertise it and want to know who would be keen.

Sounds like ageism to me - what about us reired folk, can we not come too/ Might be a young chick or two looking for a sugar daddy. (sorry moved from ageism to sexism).