PDA

View Full Version : The Weakest Link

nightowl
16-Jun-08, 00:16
Did anyone else watch The Apprentice Special on the Weakest link at teatime tonight? Now I realize that these were people with huge egos and arrogance to match but some of Anne Robinson's comments were so caustic as to render some of them literally speechless. How does she get away with it?
I haven't felt that uncomfortable way since watching The Office!!!

Kevin Milkins
16-Jun-08, 00:27
Did anyone else watch The Apprentice Special on the Weakest link at teatime tonight? Now I realize that these were people with huge egos and arrogance to match but some of Anne Robinson's comments were so caustic as to render some of them literally speechless. How does she get away with it?

I am a big fan of the weakest link and watch it regular.
Missed it today though.
As a Welshman most people would forgive me for not likeing Anne Robinson,but I think she is great and while her comments on room 101 did not go down well with the Welsh nation as a whole I thought it was very funny.

joxville
16-Jun-08, 00:38
Thanks for that reminder nightowl, I forgot it was on. Shall now go and download it to BBC iplayer.

nightowl
16-Jun-08, 00:41
Watch it here Kevin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00c0c4d.shtml?filter=txdate%3A15-06&filter=txslot%3Aevening&start=1&scope=iplayerlast7days&version_pid=b00c0byy

Kevin Milkins
16-Jun-08, 01:54
Thank you for that link night owl I enjoyed that vesion of the weakest link.
It is hard to believe that a bunch of very clever people did not know the answear to loads of questions that I did.
On another thread about famous people ,Katie Hopkins is a nieghbour to my son in Exeter.:Razz

George Brims
16-Jun-08, 20:11
I cannot stand that bloody woman. She is just rude, plain and simple. And how come she can't pronounce the "r" in the name Peter (Pee-tah) but shoves in a superfluous one when she talks about Canada (Canader) or Australia (Australier)?

oldmarine
17-Jun-08, 00:55

I've watched THE WEAKEST LINK a few times, but never caught on with it. I agree with the above statement.

AfternoonDelight
17-Jun-08, 11:57
I cannot stand that bloody woman. She is just rude, plain and simple. And how come she can't pronounce the "r" in the name Peter (Pee-tah) but shoves in a superfluous one when she talks about Canada (Canader) or Australia (Australier)?

Mmm - I think perhaps that is part of the accent she has fashioned for herself...

Still doesn't sound like a Liverpudlian though does she?