PDA

View Full Version : I had post delivered today!

weegie
15-Jun-08, 15:13
I got in from nightshift this morning at about 2am and there was no post at my front door, then at about 2pm today (Sunday) upon opening the porch door I found 3 letters which should have been delivered yesterday(Sat) by royal mail ( didnt get any post on Saturday )
I should also add that BT have sent me a bill 4 times and I still havent recieved one through the post .

Does anyone know what this is all about or has it happened to anyone else, do I complain ?

I have asked my neighbours and they didnt post it through my letterbox having recieved them accidentally .

telfordstar
15-Jun-08, 15:15
Is it wick or thurso that you live in?

weegie
15-Jun-08, 15:27
Its Willowbank in Wick , I live in

telfordstar
15-Jun-08, 15:30
Id give the royal mail office in wick a phone in the morning and see what is going on. As regards to bt and their bills are you sure that you havnt been put onto paper free billing thats what i am on and you get no bill in at all but can view it all online.

weegie
15-Jun-08, 15:37
No I have asked BT right from the off and im definetely not on paper free , I prefer to pay bills csh and usually at the PO .

telfordstar
15-Jun-08, 15:42
Ahh I see just thought it might of been that ive no ideas whta could of happened.

Andrew C
15-Jun-08, 15:49
We must have had a different postman yesterday as all our private mail was delivered to The Salvation Army hall rather than the house two doors down. I've generally found the postmen quite good though, considering the different names and combinations of addresses we usually get.

My favourite is regular junk mail addressed to Mr S Army!

balto
15-Jun-08, 16:08
mayby it was a different postman and the mail was delivered to one of your neighbours, and the but it in your letter box, that sometimes happens here, just a thought

Venture
15-Jun-08, 16:36
Did you check the address on the letters to see if it is your exact address? It could have been delivered to another address with a similar surname etc. and the people have only just managed to re-direct it to you. Perhaps they were away yesterday. I did see a new postman being trained with another postie accompanying him in the Bignold Court area but he might not be delivering in Willowbank. You should check things out with the Post Office.

dandod
15-Jun-08, 16:56
i live in wick and my post used to come about 1.30ish. now it comes at about 9.30ish dont know whats going on with them lately.

katrina
15-Jun-08, 17:12
This happened to me a few weeks back, the postie was delivering our mail on a Sunday also. I live in the Pultney area.

jim shoe
15-Jun-08, 19:01
they just canna get the staff nowadays:lol:

Valerie Campbell
15-Jun-08, 19:09
Very odd.

According to JK, I thought there was no post on Sunday, not one single letter!

Seriously, I hope you get to the bottom of it. Give the post office a call tomorrow and find out what's going on.

Tighsonas4
15-Jun-08, 19:32
this is not the first sunday this has happened. last sunday they had mail both in wick and pultney and one was for a hospital appointment the next day
if this is royal mail it certainly needs a shake up as for bt billing im fed up with with them . the thing is they WANT you to go paperless billing
something i dont intend to do tony

telfordstar
15-Jun-08, 21:39

Never a more true word spoken jim shoe they need to employ real hard working workers not lazy ones:lol:

joxville
15-Jun-08, 21:58

I wonder how you would be addressed if you were in the British Army.:D:D

scorrie
15-Jun-08, 23:14

Could be worse, it might be addressed Mr SM Army ;)

carasmam
15-Jun-08, 23:32

:lol: Aye it's going downhill, not the same calibre as they took on a few years ago !!!

Kevin Milkins
15-Jun-08, 23:47
I had a go at being a postman once and it is not as easy as it looks.
I thought I had what it takes having spent a lot of years milking cows, early mornings,no problem,all weathers no problem.
I thought you just rocked up at the sorting office and they handed you a bag of mail and off you go with a whistle and said "good morning " to everybody you meet and shot the mail in the letter box and finnished by lunch time.
I started at 4.30 am and had to sort all my mail into a cage and by the time I had managed to do that some posties were back in the office.
I used to get the mickey taken out of me by house holders that used to remind me the post office had give up the second post.
I did my best for 3 months and realised it was not for me.

Lucy
16-Jun-08, 08:36
A couple of weeks ago letters were delivered to Vansittart St in Wick on a Sunday. Apparently the postie who would normally deliver the letters had to leave his route early because of a family crisis. as there were not enought posties to finish his route on the Saturday it was delivered on the Sunday instead.

Tighsonas4
16-Jun-08, 12:48
A couple of weeks ago letters were delivered to Vansittart St in Wick on a Sunday. Apparently the postie who would normally deliver the letters had to leave his route early because of a family crisis. as there were not enought posties to finish his route on the Saturday it was delivered on the Sunday instead.
they way there working there must be a lot of family crisices the days of the old royal mail seems to be gone tony

Cattach
16-Jun-08, 14:28
I thought I had what it takes having spent a lot of years milking cows, early mornings,no problem,all weathers no problem.
I thought you just rocked up at the sorting office and they handed you a bag of mail and off you go with a whistle and said "good morning " to everybody you meet and shot the mail in the letter box and finnished by lunch time.
I started at 4.30 am and had to sort all my mail into a cage and by the time I had managed to do that some posties were back in the office.
I used to get the mickey taken out of me by house holders that used to remind me the post office had give up the second post.

When you stopped milking cows and started delivering letters did you change your name from Milkins to Postins?

Blue Highlander
18-Jun-08, 12:08
If it wasn't put out on the Sunday, the person in question would have missed their appointment then eh !

Tighsonas4
18-Jun-08, 12:43
If it wasn't put out on the Sunday, the person in question would have missed their appointment then eh !
yes that is the point and it was quite important .not any old appointment
tony

telfordstar
18-Jun-08, 16:04
did anyone ever get to the bottom of the sunday posting.

theboysintheband
18-Jun-08, 18:34
Surely if it got delivered on Sunday and the appointment was Monday...you'd have still got it in time,no?

joxville
18-Jun-08, 18:45

I hope you didn't get confused and tried posting cows and milking letters.:lol:

silverfox57
18-Jun-08, 19:36
Surely if it got delivered on Sunday and the appointment was Monday...you'd have still got it in time,no?
think as could be any kind of appointment,where hospitals use first class mail, and could be very important to person,as we should not know could have been any hospital in Scotland, mail is a shambles in wick, deliverers on Sundays ,Inverness royal mail is the place to report any problems[lol]

theboysintheband
18-Jun-08, 22:07
Couldna make heed nor tail o that...Sorry Fox,well...except for the shambles bitty and the Inverness bitty.

Tighsonas4
19-Jun-08, 12:45
Couldna make heed nor tail o that...Sorry Fox,well...except for the shambles bitty and the Inverness bitty.
if your sitting waiting for a hospital appointment.
there mail goes out during a five day week .and if there was no word on saturday you could take it thats it. and then it appears on sunday
if thats normal its certainly not the way royal mail used to operate.
tony

silverfox57
19-Jun-08, 13:52
silverfox57 well hope royal mail can make heed that posting mail on a sunday is out off order,seems post got delivered better when post where on strike,as this is a open forum, I have to refrain from details,hope you understand that bitty?

hillheader
24-Jun-08, 00:05
silverfox 57 It seems that when you try to help people, the people in question go out of their way to complain. If this mail was not put out on the Sunday, for one the appointment would have been late, secondly you would have been none the wiser if it went out on the Monday instead & would have had to complain about something else !!

The posties in Wick are excellent & go out of their way to help alot of customers, me for one. For some people to critise the fact that they tried to get some mail to you on a Sunday because someone said that a postie had a family issue on the Saturday you complain, this is an utter disgrace. I think you can complain to Inverness, would it not be better to complain to the local office first, or do you feel that the local office cannot deal with complaints ??:confused::confused:

joxville
24-Jun-08, 00:29
When you stopped milking cows and started delivering letters did you change your name from Milkins to Postins?

I hope he doesn't change his surname to Bullock.:D

Tighsonas4
24-Jun-08, 09:44
this thread is like many others. some are only posting as they see it
there are many other issues involved re mail in wick which can most certainly not be discussed on here
its not the little you know but things that have no place on here and possibly inverness had to be made aware of

Tighsonas4
24-Jun-08, 09:50
silverfox 57 It seems that when you try to help people, the people in question go out of their way to complain. If this mail was not put out on the Sunday, for one the appointment would have been late, secondly you would have been none the wiser if it went out on the Monday instead & would have had to complain about something else !!

The posties in Wick are excellent & go out of their way to help alot of customers, me for one. For some people to critise the fact that they tried to get some mail to you on a Sunday because someone said that a postie had a family issue on the Saturday you complain, this is an utter disgrace. I think you can complain to Inverness, would it not be better to complain to the local office first, or do you feel that the local office cannot deal with complaints ??:confused::confused:
if you have no axe to grind ok.theres is things has taken place which is next to criminal only post as youve found it tony

Tighsonas4
24-Jun-08, 10:51
if you have no axe to grind ok.theres is things has taken place which is next to criminal only post as youve found it tony
as apm to what i already posted this issue [mail on sunday]did not reflect in any way on the postmen many who are friends and relations.
hope this dosent become another slagging match where the initial point is lost tony

jim shoe
24-Jun-08, 16:27
this thread is like many others. some are only posting as they see it
there are many other issues involved re mail in wick which can most certainly not be discussed on here
its not the little you know but things that have no place on here and possibly inverness had to be made aware of
like what?

Tighsonas4
24-Jun-08, 17:17
like what?
like matters that are in the hands of the cid
this is a public forum and there is matters that this is neither the time oor place to answer your question regards tony

24-Jun-08, 17:33
Thread closed before it degenerates further.