PDA

View Full Version : Kwik Pass Driving Tuition

Jenni
15-Jun-08, 14:26
Does anyone have experience of using this Kwik Pass driving tuition where you are almost guaranteed to pass your driving test in one week?
Apparently there is a guy who comes to Wick and Thurso to do this training and I wondered if anyone had contact details they could pass to me as my son is keen to find out more about this service.

Thanks

Jenni

Kevin Milkins
15-Jun-08, 14:38
Does anyone have experience of using this Kwik Pass driving tuition where you are almost guaranteed to pass your driving test in one week?
Apparently there is a guy who comes to Wick and Thurso to do this training and I wondered if anyone had contact details they could pass to me as my son is keen to find out more about this service.

Thanks

Jenni

Well if he likes a challenge my wife has been learning for the last 30 years and still couldnt drive a cat out of the kitchen.lol
Good luck

grumpy1
15-Jun-08, 19:40
yeah i used kwik pass his name is jedd an he is really good, he tells u how many hours he feels u need then books yr test staight away. as soon as u get yr test date he spends the week upto it getting u ready..
Un fortunately i failed my test but may i quickly add it was solely my own fault im going to use him again definately...better luck next time..

telfordstar
15-Jun-08, 19:49
yeah i used kwik pass his name is jedd an he is really good, he tells u how many hours he feels u need then books yr test staight away. as soon as u get yr test date he spends the week upto it getting u ready..
Un fortunately i failed my test but may i quickly add it was solely my own fault im going to use him again definately...better luck next time..

How much does it cost roughly?

alanatkie
15-Jun-08, 20:23
The Number for Kwik Pass is 0808 1664 996

Bill Fernie
16-Jun-08, 09:05
I think you will find that you can pass the test faster with most driving instructors if you are prepared to have more lessons in a short time. Most folk do not due to cost.

I was advised by someone when I was aboutto take driving lessons that taking them back to back was of greater value. I took the first few lessons one per week and then took two sessions of two hours and finally one of three hours. Then I took one lesson immediately before before my test. In total I had 21 lessons. However I had absolutely no other driving experience as no one in my family at that time had a car.

I passed the test first time in Edinburgh.

The advice certainly seemed to work for me. I can see where I gained in those back to back lessons - more driving, less waste of time getting in and out of the car and just the increased practice all at the same time. I was advised not to do this at the beginning of my lessons as more advantage was to be gained once you had a few lessons behind you. However I could have taken lessons every day but could not afford it at that time.

I took my lessons with the British School of Motoring and many of the phrases the instructor used are still in my head as he repeated them endlessly in the lessons.

nightspirit
16-Jun-08, 19:34
I would have to agree with Bill on this one i mistakenly booked on opne of these cources in blackpool as it was the closest to me - what a colossal wast of money - the car was run into the ground - The usual learner will also find driving for extended hours very very stressfull and not at all conducive you end up just doing what you have to to get to the end of the day don't pick up as much it really is not a good idea. I hasten to add the 5 of us that went not one of us passed and when we got back to our instructors 4 of the 5 said our driving was worse.

insummery at best it is very stressfull and worst a complete nightmare.

well thats my 2 p's worth anyways.

grumpy1
16-Jun-08, 20:17
How much does it cost roughly?

it depends on how many hrs u need...i paid £425 for 15 hours but that included my test it works out at about £25 an hour which is no dearer than most of the driving instructors round here.

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 15:46

PMSL - not at you failing your test but I thought it was a GUARANTEED pass.

Death and Taxes - the only things in life that are guaranteed!!:lol: