PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Seagull or Deadly Enemy?

teenybash
13-Jun-08, 20:58
Today I watched a lady feeding a seagull from her hand. The gull stood in front of her and she would hand it small pieces of bread which it took, before waiting for the next bit. It didn't squeal or make a noise, flap around screeching....it just quietly and gently took the food it was offered.
People stopped and watched with smiles on their faces....except two middle aged matrons who voiced their disapproval with loud voices. 'They are seabirds and shoudn't be in the town.' one said while the other talked of her washing being plooped on and how she had even heard that they could attack children.
When the gull had enough food it stood for a few moments before flying off to wherever................Just thought this might interest someone...personally I thought it was a pleasant thing to see.:).....................This was outside a local supermarket and the woman who fed the gull was simply waiting on a taxi to go home.

Fran
14-Jun-08, 01:35
Well i think it is lovely. all birds can be tamed and they are very intelligent. Thee is a seagull on the chimney across the road a few doors up and when I say come on, he comes down for a piece of bread from my wall. He is very tame. Takes the bread and off up to the chimney again. Poor birds,, they are so hungry and have babies to feed.

binbob
14-Jun-08, 10:52
fran..u are such a softie..just like me.after all they are all god s creatures,why differentiate between them.i always give any bird food.