PDA

View Full Version : Astronot Review...

Jeid
13-Jun-08, 19:33
A review from this months Fly Magazine...

Astronot – Skinandi’s, Thurso

You can’t go much further North than Thurso without shaking hands with Eskimos – the bracing wind tearing at your face should remind you that this ain’t Kansas. It’s a surprise then, to discover a genuine treasure in these hostile climes. Three burly Highlanders who play burly rock ‘n’ roll, a bit like Foo Fighters reborn in a Caithness croft. Almost from blast off the pace accelerates, with riffs and songs flashing by like landscape beside a speeding train. Lead track “Keep Your Dreams” sums up Astronot – the everymen battling against small town indifference, dreaming of a victory that may never come. Sharp as a scythe, yet with a tenderness to match, Astronot are an intriguing proposition. Time to hit the North.

BigKev
14-Jun-08, 12:50
What was that guy smoking when he wrote that?

I never understood anything past the second sentence!

He could have just said you were good!

I did notice that he never mentioned the sound quality!!

Congratulations on a very enigmatic review!

Now if you take the 3rd letter of every 4th word then. . . .

Jeid
14-Jun-08, 19:57
You know the sound was good Kev... you did it remember ;)

We got this from "Is This Music?" about a month or two ago as well...
Again, the Foo Fighters comparison :p

Nobody seems to know where the problem lies with bands these days. Ever since Pete Doherty and co. crawled out of that fateful crack den it seems that something has been lacking from the world of guitar music. Astronot seem to know the answer: great, big hairy riffs, played by great big hairy Highlanders. Hailing from Thurso (just North of nowhere map fans) the band have built up a solid live reputation with a searingly tight set. This EP screams “rock is back” until its throat is raw, and its frets are covered in blood. Full throttle, totally committed riot ‘n’ roll from the sticks, Astronot seem set to scare the bejesus out of the hairspray and skinny jeans brigade. A tartan Foo Fighters, watch this lot soar into the stratosphere.

rob murray
19-Jun-08, 16:15
What was that guy smoking when he wrote that?

I never understood anything past the second sentence!

He could have just said you were good!

I did notice that he never mentioned the sound quality!!

Congratulations on a very enigmatic review!

Now if you take the 3rd letter of every 4th word then. . . .

I dont believe he smokes and he wasnt really drinking at the gig. The review is the only Scottish gig the Fly published and can be read by 200,000 people, which is the mags circulation so hopefully a hell of a lot of people maybe "intrigued" enough to investigate further.

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Jun-08, 16:56
You wrote that? Rob?

Jeid
19-Jun-08, 16:57
Nope, he didn't

rob murray
19-Jun-08, 16:58
You wrote that? Rob?

Nah I dont have the skills...why ask ?

JamesMcVean
06-Jul-08, 11:48
TheTartan Foo Fighters LOL I like it! and agree!!