PDA

View Full Version : Masking smells

cuddlepop
13-Jun-08, 16:10
wonder if anyone can recommend a good masking smell for my dogs cancer pong.?
I knew humans at the end stages of cancer give off a distinctive smell but didnt realise how strong it is in dogs.
Connie does have a cyste on her side that weeps continuously so its more than likely coming from there.I try to keep it clean as does she.

Have an oil burner going with the last of my rose oil in it but you still get a nif.

Whats the proper dilution for oil to water for burning,maybe mines to weak.:confused

poppett
13-Jun-08, 19:12
I use lavender oil and water in a 50/50 mix in the kitchen when I am cooking to (a) mask the smells and (b) keep me calm and cool.

Febreeze is a good fabric freshener, and Dettol do a room spray which is antibacterial.

I have also burned a 50/50mix of blue dettol and water over a tea light to mask the smell of a blood clot.

Glad to hear "Connie" is still with you. I have been frightened to ask.

cuddlepop
13-Jun-08, 19:22
I use lavender oil and water in a 50/50 mix in the kitchen when I am cooking to (a) mask the smells and (b) keep me calm and cool.

Febreeze is a good fabric freshener, and Dettol do a room spray which is antibacterial.

I have also burned a 50/50mix of blue dettol and water over a tea light to mask the smell of a blood clot.

Glad to hear "Connie" is still with you. I have been frightened to ask.

Poppet,my darling best friend is still with us but not for long i fear.
Its raining tonight but its too warm indoors for her so she wants to sit out in the porch.
Her breathing is deeper and she tires more easily,i jst think as she's still "waggy" tail mode and eating its not yet.

dettol is a good idea,essentail oils are very expensive to burn all day.:D

poppett
14-Jun-08, 11:41
Another old fashioned remedy would be menthol crystals in boiling water over a tea-light. Used to make breathing easier in bronchitis it may also help your "Connie" catch her breath easier.