PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies

dessie
13-Jun-08, 11:37
How do we go about opening a forum up for hobbies..can any one help...

Solus
13-Jun-08, 12:10
social group, in user cp there is an option to start a social group.

EDDIE
13-Jun-08, 17:32
good point that would be handy way of shareing experience.

dessie
14-Jun-08, 19:03
well i have moel railways also model aircraft r/c,,and would for a hobbie forum to start...

EDDIE
14-Jun-08, 22:32
well my latest craze is r/c helicopter i have an indoor helicopter blade cx2 hoping to progress to the outdoor helicopter now had a few crashes as u do

Kevin Milkins
14-Jun-08, 22:37
well my latest craze is r/c helicopter i have an indoor helicopter blade cx2 hoping to progress to the outdoor helicopter now had a few crashes as u do
My grandson had a couple of these for Christmas and my son was showing him how to use them.
I was begining to doubt who they where bought for .lol

EDDIE
14-Jun-08, 22:46
Most important thing about buying any R/C toys is how easy it is to get parts localy or on the internet.
I bought a R/C helicopter out of maplin electronics paid £80 for crashed it and needed parts maplin doesnt stock the parts and u could not get it in the uk that was a costly lesson for me.In the end i bought another one out a modelshop
The thing people dont relise is when u buy any r/c helicopter or plane u will crash it and fixing it is part of the hobby and also a hidden cost as well

the_count
14-Jun-08, 23:45
Used to do R/C gliders when i was younger and i still got all the R/C stuff but no model to put it in I keep an eye out for free model builds in R/C mags but nothing in em for last few months. I feel that even if i got the plans there are so few outlets for balsa and other stuff (film R/C bits and bobs) that i would be hard pressed to complete a model without going online for parts or heading to one of the bigger places like inverness/glasgow. Is there a decent model outlet up here??:confused

dessie
15-Jun-08, 19:27
there is a house just on the road to duncansby head that sells items for modelers...also. Durrans. in thurso sells items like balsa..and i have somewhere in my shed loads of books with plans for building planes...i will have to look them out...:Razz

Fluff
15-Jun-08, 19:40
I discovered yesterday though with the social groups you cannot start threads, so if you were to post something and didn't look for a few days it would be hard to keep track.

a little section on the org would be quite handy

the charlatans
15-Jun-08, 22:06
Aye, the social group doesn't really work for threads. Its more a place to have 'notice board' where you can't have a proper conversation. There are quite a few members and I would love a wee corner of the Org to have a natter on our hobbies. Photographers, pet lovers and cooks have a section, can we have one too please?

the_count
15-Jun-08, 22:17
yeah a little section for models and hobbies would be good for the org i think :D should we put it to the vote lol all those in favour say aye :lol:

Colin Manson
15-Jun-08, 22:30
New section created.

Fluff
16-Jun-08, 10:29
thats people power for you!