PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of Penzance

veekay
13-Jun-08, 10:36
If you haven't got a ticket try and get one. This was the best fiver I have spent in ages. OK so some of the volume could done with being louder, but anyone who knows the high school stage will know that it is a hard stage to be heard from. The pirate king was superb a great voice lots of character as was the nurse, she was so funny but for me the best was the Major General. The song ( and you all know which one I mean) was sung without a mistake, the timing was all but perfect and the portrail was so funny I cried laughing - I expecially loved the pyjamas ( now you will have to go see it to find out why won't you)

Well done and thank you everyone I loved it

helenwyler
13-Jun-08, 10:56
If I was in Caithness I'd definitely be going veekay. Pirates of Penzance is great fun!

Sadly I will never see the Major General's pyjamas, but I was in a production of it years ago (chorus) and I remember:

Now what is this
And what is that
And why does father leave his rest
At such a time of night as this
So very incompletely dressed? ;)

macrosie
13-Jun-08, 16:39
Hi Does anyone know what time does the show start on friday the 13th?

Max
13-Jun-08, 16:47
7.30pm as far as I know

veekay
13-Jun-08, 17:13
Hi Does anyone know what time does the show start on friday the 13th?

yes 7.30 hope you enjoy it.

macrosie
13-Jun-08, 17:18
Thank you, Hope their not fully booked tonight, il try to get in

chocolatechip
13-Jun-08, 18:13
Is the show on again anytime soon? As I am from Penzance I would like too see it :cool:

Max
13-Jun-08, 21:24
It's on tomorrow night as well. Honestly the tears were rolling down my cheeks with laughter I would highly recommend it.

Max
13-Jun-08, 21:26
Also meant to say although there were a lot of funny parts and everyone was good the policemen were really funny!