PDA

View Full Version : How much?

rs 2k
12-Jun-08, 20:59
HI

How much is it to get a tooth out?

Where is the cheapest?

I'm not registered anywhere

I was told that the dentist at back bridge street (Erridge i think it is) is only £35

Do u have to phone the dentist helpline to get an appointment or can u phone the dentist direct?

Please help, really bad tooth-ache, need it pulled :~(

Lindsay

telfordstar
12-Jun-08, 21:07
Just call up the nhs helpline at 9am tell them you are in agony and get an emergency appointment the same day and get tooth out free of charge.

rs 2k
12-Jun-08, 21:08
Really!!!

Even if u work?

northener
12-Jun-08, 21:35
Just had a manky old crown and root pulled out at the Bridge St Practice 2 weeks a go - £35 is correct.

Katy
12-Jun-08, 21:49
My partner had bad tooth ache the other week, he phoned the dental helpline and got an appointment that day in Back Bridge street, the bill from NHS came in the other day it was under £6! Not much at all and considering no pain then worth every penny!
Kxx

joxville
12-Jun-08, 21:51
I'll do it for free. Now where did I leave my hammer and chisels.[evil]

carasmam
12-Jun-08, 22:09
Under £6 a couple of weeks ago. You have to go through the helpline to get it at that price I think. hth

Forgot to say - yes, even if you work

angela5
13-Jun-08, 03:52
Cheaper getting them out rather than filled.:eek:

Katy
13-Jun-08, 08:06
Yeah for under £6 he phoned the dental helpline!
Kx

rs 2k
13-Jun-08, 08:45
Thanx everyone

Gonna phone at 9

:~(

rs 2k
13-Jun-08, 08:48
I'll do it for free. Now where did I leave my hammer and chisels.[evil]

[lol] Thanx for the offer, i was nearly tempted last night tho [lol]

carasmam
13-Jun-08, 10:28
Cheaper getting them out rather than filled.:eek:

Yep and it will never be sore again :lol:

rs 2k
13-Jun-08, 10:39
I got an appointment this afternoon at the dunbar dentist :)

EDDIE
13-Jun-08, 17:46
you can get root canal treatment and u can keep ure tooth then but the only catch with that is root canal treatment is sore when the nerve gets pulled u should really try and keep ure teeth if u can

silverfox57
13-Jun-08, 18:08
free of charge put in glass at side of bed

candy
13-Jun-08, 18:34
I,m waiting untill I see someone with a nice smile and a nice set of dentures and then..............I,m gonna pinch them[lol]

no pain at all:D

Invisible
13-Jun-08, 19:45
I had toothache one lunchtime and phone the emergency line, got an appointment the same day (45 mins after the phone call) at Back bridge street practice. Erridge had the tooth out within 30mins, the bill was a nominal £7.80.

rs 2k
14-Jun-08, 18:01
Thanx again for all replies

I went to the dentist yesterday and i had a hole, so got it drilled filled etc and the dentist said i would need canal treatment if i wanted to keep my tooth but it would cost £130 and to get it removed would b £15

How come it is a lot dearer than the dentist in wick when they r both through the NHS?

Well i know where i will b going from now on

But the worst of it is, this morning my hubby made me bacon on toast nice and crisp, as i like it, it was lovely but when i was finished my mouth felt funny and the tooth i had fixed yesterday had broken and i have swollowed my tooth :mad:

So now i have the root left in my gum so i need it removed now anyway :~(

EDDIE
14-Jun-08, 22:38
well i live in aberdeen it cost me £85 for root canal treatment on one tooth it takes about an hour to do it is worth it you should try and keep your teeth for as long as you can
By the way when u get root canal treatment when it comes to the part when they kill the nerve that 5 mins of the process it is mega sore even when tooth is numbed they tell u to keep still but u cant but after that 5 mins no more pain

armanisgirl
14-Jun-08, 23:58
Stuff that! teeth out PLEASE! I have always looked after my teeth, but my twin brother never did, yet his teeth never gave him any trouble. But mine? OMG! At age 12 I developed an abcessin the lower gum. An operation to drain it each year, for 3 years didn't work, so 2 teeth were pulled. A plate was made, but kept breaking, so a bridge was made, requiring the 2 teeth next to the gap to be filed down to allow the bridge to be cemented on. It too kept coming loose, meaning I had to get the next 2 teeth files as well - problem solved. For that anyway!

I have lost count of the amount of abcesses I have had - 2 more back teeth removed as a result. Over the years, even with a Vit D + calcium supplement, the enamel on my teeth are very weak, meaning it gently crumbles away. I lost the side of a tooth at the front 2 days ago, plus half a back tooth on boxing day - by eating a packet of crisps!

During a very sick pregnancy, my teeth virtually dissolved at the top of the front teeth. After suffering severe pain for a considerable time, I forced myself back into the dentists chair. 6 injectins later, I could still feel EVERYTHING he did to drill and fill the rotten areas. But I had lovely white full teeth again - for about 6 months! My nose was frozen, as was my ear, cheekbone etc, yet I could still feel it. Last year, I had another back tooth removed - after 3 injections, tears streaming down my face and retching all over the dentist!

And now? My teeth are in an appalling mess, always in pain, but I cannot make myself go to a dentist - yet. After all I have suffered with my teeth, all I want is them ALL removed, and a lovely set of pretend ones in their place! But will a dentist do this? NO. Why? My guess - they are making a fortune out of my pain and suffering.

Sorry, but I say get the damn thing pulled out and FAST!!!