PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to say...

johndy
30-Nov-05, 21:12
Thought that I would let the users for this forum know that the shopping trip to Aberdeen at the weekend, which I had advertisted on here, and received some harsh comments with regards to taking the shoppers out of the county is now full.

fed-ex
30-Nov-05, 21:22
Why did you get such a hard time anyway? I think its great that you've given people a choice of where they want to do their shopping! Its not even on the same day as fun day anyway. Fun day...... in my opinion I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I didn't have much fun. It was overcrowded and freezing and I never saw any of the free wine......Anyway...Im glad your bus is full. I only wish there was shopping trips like this more often.

Fran
01-Dec-05, 01:04
i agree, there should be more bus trips. i am going on one soon and it includes a meal in a hotel on the way back home, so i am really looking forward to that.

golach
01-Dec-05, 10:19
I live in the Capital and there are organised bus trips from Edinburgh to the Metro Centre in Gateshead and visa versa from Newcastle to Edinburgh, ok the trip is only 2 hours or so long, a big difference from Caithness to Aberdeen, but the principal is the same, I personally see nothing wrong in letting Mrs Golach and her pals have a day trip shopping while I sit with a few beers and full control of the Sky remote control

wicker
01-Dec-05, 10:58
Now is the bus full with shoppers or aberdeen supporters going to the game???

angela5
01-Dec-05, 13:21
i think this is a fantastic idea, it's great to give some people an opportunity to shop elsewhere. and who cares if some people on in the bus going to a football match thats their choice they will be paying the same fare!!. maybe they got an early xmas pressie a football ticket.
Keep up the good work johndy no matter what you do in life there is always a few who disagree.

The Angel Of Death
01-Dec-05, 13:24
Now is the bus full with shoppers or aberdeen supporters going to the game???
50 shoppers and all two of the aberdeen supporters

angela5
01-Dec-05, 13:56
I missed that posting, now i would of loved to have joined the trip, i will look out for any more going.
I can't see why some would of made harsh comments although maybe they were our local traders.
And also the person that asked if the bus was going was full shoppers or football fans, what's the problem there?
Johndy is given up his free time to organize this who would now blame him if he felt a little disappointed.

wicker
01-Dec-05, 14:43
It wasnt a dig at him, i just asked a question it was a laugh, god no need to take everything so serious.
Im glad he got the bus full and got support from it, i for one was def not against it infact i was meant to be on it until i had to back out due to my own lack of funds.

Andrew
01-Dec-05, 21:46
glad that the bus is full. hope all the shoppers enjoy some real shopping without getting the usual from our local shops ..." i hevna got that in stock, but i can get it in for yee next month/year/century if yee want...".

Roll on homebase, tesco etc

johndy
01-Dec-05, 22:42
I'm sure everyone on the bus will have a good day out, I wont be there as am taking another bus out of the county with more shoppers.

girnigoe
02-Dec-05, 00:20
Im sad im I missed that posting - I would have liked to have gone there.!!!

Fran
02-Dec-05, 01:01
there was a great bus trip today organised by the Pulteney peoples Project to Tain for a couple of hours shopping, then on to harrods shop at the shin Falls, thrn to the Eagle hotel, dornoch for a wonderful 3 course dinner then back to wick. the bus was full and everyone had a lovely day. Heres to more and more bus trips.

watman
04-Dec-05, 11:20
Further to Fed-ex's comments about not having a good time at wick fun day.
My 20 month old son also had a very disappointing day.
He was so happy when he saw a little boy getting a Bob the Builder helium Balloon that he kept saying "Bob, Bob" to me. My mother decided to treat her grandson and purchased the £4 balloon. He was so delighted to have his very own. I was holding the balloon for a matter of minutes when it slipped away from the ribbon that was attatched to it by the stall holder. Bob the builder flew up into the sky out of sight. My son was so upset, I went back to the stall and explained what had happened that the balloon had slipped out of the knot that had not been tied tightly. The stall holder replied abruptly" we havent had any other complaints so if you want another one you will have to pay for it" another £4. I explained again that it had not been our fault to no avail.
We had to leave with my son upset, what was meant to be Wick Fun day was not very fun for him. In total we spent £6 on their stall and left with nothing. I am extremely regretful paying good money to support them when my son was met with such meanness and disappointment.

johndy
04-Dec-05, 12:00
He was so happy when he saw a little boy getting a Bob the Builder helium Balloon that he kept saying "Bob, Bob" to me. My mother decided to treat her grandson and purchased the £4 balloon. He was so delighted to have his very own. I was holding the balloon for a matter of minutes when it slipped away from the ribbon that was attatched to it by the stall holder. Bob the builder flew up into the sky out of sight. My son was so upset, I went back to the stall and explained what had happened that the balloon had slipped out of the knot that had not been tied tightly. The stall holder replied abruptly" we havent had any other complaints so if you want another one you will have to pay for it" another £4. I explained again that it had not been our fault to no avail.
We had to leave with my son upset, what was meant to be Wick Fun day was not very fun for him. In total we spent £6 on their stall and left with nothing. I am extremely regretful paying good money to support them when my son was met with such meanness and disappointment.

What has this to do with a shopping trip to Aberdeen, gone a bit of the thread I think!

fed-ex
04-Dec-05, 15:11
We had to leave with my son upset, what was meant to be Wick Fun day was not very fun for him. In total we spent £6 on their stall and left with nothing. I am extremely regretful paying good money to support them when my son was met with such meanness and disappointment.Typical.... its supposed to be the season of goodwill too...NO wonder people are quite happy to Go to Aberdeen!! Imagine charging £4 for a baloon in the first place, never mind twice.........

Dons_Lad
06-Dec-05, 14:13
It was a good day out, bar the footy score. Only thing that spoiled it was the shoppers basically. We stopped at Tesco on the way back for a toilet break and they took nearly an hour, because they bought more goodies fae there. Flipping annoying, as we never got home til after 12.

highlander2222
06-Dec-05, 14:36
The joy of being a dons supporter

johndy
06-Dec-05, 17:25
Thats was the plan to arrive back in Wick around 12 didnt the driver tell you that.

angela5
06-Dec-05, 21:15
It was a good day out, bar the footy score. Only thing that spoiled it was the shoppers basically. We stopped at Tesco on the way back for a toilet break and they took nearly an hour, because they bought more goodies fae there. Flipping annoying, as we never got home til after 12.

have you missed something Dons Lad?? the bus was there to take shoppers a run to Aberdeen, you should be thankfull you were given the oportunity to get a lift to the footie match.
So what if the shoppers took an hour in tescos you should be thankfull i was not on the bus trip you would of been twidling your thumbs 3 hours later as i love Tescos.
Grow up and hitch another form of transport to the next footie match.

angela5
06-Dec-05, 21:18
What has this to do with a shopping trip to Aberdeen, gone a bit of the thread I think!

The thread did have to do with a shopping trip johndy, don't shot people down for telling their story of a disaster at wick fun day, she might of actually contiplated going on the next bus trip. everyone who replyed to this thread stood up for you, how disapointing.

Dons_Lad
07-Dec-05, 14:04
^ Aye, but it's convenient the bus driver is a Dons fan, and the people on the posters for advertising it are Dons fans. So no lass, I haven't missed anything.

Johndy, nah they didn't mention that it would be in the back of 12.

angela5
07-Dec-05, 21:14
^ Aye, but it's convenient the bus driver is a Dons fan, and the people on the posters for advertising it are Dons fans. So no lass, I haven't missed anything.

Johndy, nah they didn't mention that it would be in the back of 12.

Dons lad i do apologise to you, i thought you hitched a lift on a shoppers bus and was moaning about your hour wait at tesco.
Seems this was advertised wrong then, maybe it should of been Aberdeen Supporters bus with a few empty seats
if anyone wants to go shopping.

fed-ex
07-Dec-05, 21:26
Dons lad i do apologise to you, i thought you hitched a lift on a shoppers bus and was moaning about your hour wait at tesco.
Seems this was advertised wrong then, maybe it should of been Aberdeen Supporters bus with a few empty seats
if anyone wants to go shopping.But the first post in this thread stated that it WAS a shopping trip so why are you apologising Jessabell?

angela5
07-Dec-05, 21:35
But the first post in this thread stated that it WAS a shopping trip so why are you apologising Jessabell?

I think this was done very sneakily fed-ex, as dons lad said the bus driver was an Aberdeen supporter as well as the advertisers, they made out they were organizing a shopping trip for the people of Caithness.

They possibly could not of got enough supporters for this and rather take the bus all that way with 5 or so numpies,
they got their money's worth by adding some shoppers.
A shoppers trip should be shoppers only, Aberdeen already has a supporters bus.

johndy
07-Dec-05, 22:09
[QUOTE=Dons_Lad]^ Aye, but it's convenient the bus driver is a Dons fan, and the people on the posters for advertising it are Dons fans. So no lass, I haven't missed anything.

I was on the poster advertising the bus and am not a dons fan, I did this as a favour for another driver and had nothing to do with the trip, I received the hard time for putting the posting on here and taking the people out of the county, so thats maybe why I got a bit grumpy about the posting about the Wick Fun Day and the kids balloon.

Everyone on the bus knew there were shoppers and football supporters, but you can never please everyone!

Dons_Lad
09-Dec-05, 14:28
I ken you were on it Johndy but you weren't driving, the majority of the people organising were Dons fans, that's all I was meaning. It got shifted to the Sunday because the Aberdeen game got shifted to the Sunday. It was a good day like, but as you say, you can't please everyone. Nah, don't worry man, the effort was great and so was the bingo, just a pity I didna win the 40 quid like.