PDA

View Full Version : Council Office Wick

COACHMAN
10-Jun-08, 19:38
Meeting tomorrow in HRC to discuss New Council OFFICES for Wick as usual a important Caithness issue is going to an INVERNESS:~( meeting .
Bring back CDC at least the meetings were in Caithness:lol:

peter macdonald
11-Jun-08, 10:29
Im surprised that they have the neck to discuss this huge spend at a time when councils are struggling to provide/ cutting back on services
Does any one know he cost or our councillors too embarrassed to tell ???
PM

Venture
11-Jun-08, 11:16
Im surprised that they have the neck to discuss this huge spend at a time when councils are struggling to provide/ cutting back on services
Does any one know he cost or our councillors too embarrassed to tell ???
PM

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/3809/School_is_made_fit_for_a_Prince.html (http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/3809/School_is_made_fit_for_a_Prince.html)

Strange how the bureaucracy disappears when its to keep up appearances for a royal visit, eh?

ocd
11-Jun-08, 13:16
Perhaps an invite should be issued to HRH to visit WHS. :lol:

dirdyweeker
11-Jun-08, 15:18
Meeting tomorrow in HRC to discuss New Council OFFICES for Wick as usual a important Caithness issue is going to an INVERNESS:~( meeting .
Bring back CDC at least the meetings were in Caithness:lol:

.....they can have the Wick Tax Office! :lol: Staff there were told today that closure is imminent within a year, unless the staff can put up a good case to keep it open. Poor staff, more folk looking for new jobs.

hotrod4
11-Jun-08, 21:35
.....they can have the Wick Tax Office! :lol: Staff there were told today that closure is imminent within a year, unless the staff can put up a good case to keep it open. Poor staff, more folk looking for new jobs.

Sad to hear that caithness is losing out..AGAIN!.
If it aint broke then dont try fix it, springs to mind.
Maybe a petition to keep it open would help the cause?.
I ,like most people dont like the "taxman"(the instiution not the people) but this is peoples jobs and it will have a direct impact on ALL of Caithness.

Maybe our "well financed" Councillors and MP's can get off their expensive posteriors and fight to keep this open after all they can claim expenses for trying ;)
I sincerely hope yet another building doesnt close in Wick.

peter macdonald
16-Jun-08, 13:25
Well here is what they came up with
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/4733/Council_staff_to_stay_in_Wick_town_centre.html
At least they are not going to move out of the town centre and at least they are not going use a PFI scheme which would have had us paying forever
But... Its provisionally going to cost 5 million I wonder how much a new WHS would cost???? since it all comes out of the tax payers pocket
PM

rainbow
16-Jun-08, 13:51
Theres also the original social security office that can be used as extra offices - it has been empty for over a year and a half and is kitted out as an office so it shouldn't take too much to get it ready for counil staff. Its amazing how much money is being spent on council accommodation (eg Cambusavie/Golspie) as it is apparently unfit for the workers, but look at the conditions our pupils and teachers have to work in at Wick High School - would the counil workers work in these conditions - I think not!!!
And another thing while I am on a rant, -did I read somewhere that £30,000 was spent on a High School in Inverness as the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay was visiting - more waste of council tax payers money (or maybe the school was grateful to have something spent on the school and genuinly needed a lick of paint)?????