PDA

View Full Version : tattoos

EWOK
10-Jun-08, 15:15
just wondering if anyone knows of someone that does tattoos in the area if not can someone reccomened someone further afield

angela5
10-Jun-08, 18:11
There is a chap from Nairn who comes up to the Norseman Hotel in Wick 2 days a month. You could ring and find out the dates he is due.

zebedy
10-Jun-08, 19:07
Inkcredable Creations is the best tattooist I've ever seen. And has tattoo'd alot of famous people aswell, Including the drummer from Trivuim before a show!

google Him, More than worth the look !

Julia
10-Jun-08, 19:46
There is a chap from Nairn who comes up to the Norseman Hotel in Wick 2 days a month. You could ring and find out the dates he is due.

The guy that comes up to the Norseman is from Dingwall, he's definitely back up on July 27th, not sure about this month, you can get his number or book an appointment by phoning Millers Taxi's on 606464. There is also a tattooist in Nairn who's pretty good.

I also hear there is a guy in Dunbeath

I certainly would not recommend the one in Alness, one look at my leg would explain all.

telfordstar
10-Jun-08, 19:53
The guy that comes up to the Norseman is from Dingwall, he's definitely back up on July 27th, not sure about this month, you can get his number or book an appointment by phoning Millers Taxi's on 606464. There is also a tattooist in Nairn who's pretty good.

I also hear there is a guy in Dunbeath

I certainly would not recommend the one in Alness, one look at my leg would explain all.

I had my tattoo done by guy in the norseman(for life of me i cant mind his name) and he was excellent i was the last one in that night and being fussy as hell on what i wanted as it was my first and he was spot on and recomended diff things for me quite reasonbly priced too. I made my appoint through kimberly in the beauty place in the norseman.

Just being nosey but what happened to your leg julia?

EWOK
10-Jun-08, 20:13
does anyone know who this guy is or how to contact him Dunbeath, also how much does the man that comes to wick charges roughly. thanks for all the help so far

telfordstar
10-Jun-08, 20:22
Hear a few bad stories about the guy in dunbeath fact or fiction im not sure. It depends on what it is that you anting it is priced by size i think

EWOK
10-Jun-08, 20:27
i am thinking off upper arm something like a tiger or a panther not sure yet just testing the water as it is my first one, silly question but does it hurt much i ave heard many a horror story about the pain not being worth it

DeHaviLand
10-Jun-08, 21:18
Inkcap tattoos 07929 241569 is the chappie you're after. No, it doesn't hurt, but will be tender for a week or so. Budget £60 for something not too large and not too elaborate.

telfordstar
10-Jun-08, 22:00
I got mine on the bottom of my back for my first tattoo just a small design when he first started it it wasnt to bad but it did gt a bit painul for a while i was wiggling my toes trying t keep my mind of it. I ve had 3 kids and it came close to that kind of pain but worth it and easy to forget to..

Julia
10-Jun-08, 23:51
Think the pain depends on the individual, I've had a couple that didn't hurt much and a couple that did a lot!!! In my experience the ankle bone, top of the foot and inside of the wrist are the worst.

What you are having and where has a lot to do with it also, in MHO I think women have a higher pain threshold and handle it better, try to focus on something and concentrate on your breathing if you find it painful.

Ash
11-Jun-08, 08:58
my partner and brother had theres done in allness and the result is great the look fab and the guy who did was a really nice guy made them feel at ease

sweetpea
12-Jun-08, 19:56
I got a lovely one on my foot by the guy at The Norseman, really clean lines and his white colour is good, although he offered to re-do it as white needs it. He did my own design on his laptop first.

EWOK
15-Jun-08, 14:52
Just phoned the man that goes to The Norseman and he says he is not coming up any more and would have to go to Dingwall. Anyone have imformation on the guy from Dunbeath.

zebedy
15-Jun-08, 15:33
I got mine done by the guy in Dingwall Inkcap, And I would advise not to go there, As his basic lines arent even at all.

I had my first tattoo done there, And I'm far from pleased about it, Gettin it fixed. It is a Basic Biffy Clyro B... Google it for those of you who don't know what it looks like.

Alness has a good record, compared to most. My friend just recently got a rose with some lyrics on her forarm and it is Brilliant, Very well done.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/246383740a7375620591l.jpg

But NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Gee from Perth Inkrediable Kreations is the man to go to. He is a multi award winning tattooist.

http://www.myspace.com/inkrediblekreations

this is one of his master peices.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/590330600_l.jpg

telfordstar
15-Jun-08, 15:45
Just phoned the man that goes to The Norseman and he says he is not coming up any more and would have to go to Dingwall. Anyone have imformation on the guy from Dunbeath.

Ah nvr ats a shame i was gona book again

northener
16-Jun-08, 17:31
I think Zebedy's post sums it up: DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Recommendations online aren't worth a fart until you see a few flesh examples of their work.

Take your time, look at actual examples of the artist's work - NOT drawings or 'impressions' of what it may look like.

I'm happy with mine (done down South donkey's years ago), but I know many who regret getting tats done purely on recommendation without seeing 'flesh examples.

loganbiffy
16-Jun-08, 18:13
I got mine done by the guy in Dingwall Inkcap, And I would advise not to go there, As his basic lines arent even at all.

I had my first tattoo done there, And I'm far from pleased about it, Gettin it fixed. It is a Basic Biffy Clyro B... Google it for those of you who don't know what it looks like.

Alness has a good record, compared to most. My friend just recently got a rose with some lyrics on her forarm and it is Brilliant, Very well done.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/246383740a7375620591l.jpg

But NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Gee from Perth Inkrediable Kreations is the man to go to. He is a multi award winning tattooist.

http://www.myspace.com/inkrediblekreations

this is one of his master peices.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/590330600_l.jpg

Good tattooist you recommended Zebedy, unfortunately his business is now closed :O

He has a MySpace but I'm not too sure on what he is doing tattoo wise for the time being.

Have a look at Urban Body Modification in Edinburgh and Custom Ink in Glasgow, both have excellent facilities and great artists!

zebedy
16-Jun-08, 22:12
i'll think u will find Gary is still working, and just doesnt take booking over his myspace. And that he'd rather met with the person for bookings

zebedy
16-Jun-08, 22:15
http://www.inkrediblekreations.com/

Hibeechick
17-Jun-08, 09:12
Highly recommend tribal tattoo in Edinburgh, got my latest one there 4 weeks ago, the best one yet!

loganbiffy
17-Jun-08, 10:31
i'll think u will find Gary is still working, and just doesnt take booking over his myspace. And that he'd rather met with the person for bookings

I didn't say he wasn't working anymore, all i said was his INKredible kreations was no longer in business.

It seems as there is 2 Inkredible Kreations, one of them being in New Jersey, this one not being in business anymore.

Anyway as i stated before, Urban Body Modification in Edinburgh (who get guest tattooists from the States now and again) and Custom Ink in Glasgow are awesome.

Also for the more adventurous of you, Tattoo Peter just outside of Amsterdam is a multi award winning studio.

zebedy
17-Jun-08, 12:58
Highly recommend tribal tattoo in Edinburgh, got my latest one there 4 weeks ago, the best one yet!

Yeah my pal got some work done there too..

Your better with picture examples than peoples word of mouth mate.

In re to Tribal in Edinburger

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/4384531222a5845484569l.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/4384531222a5072748713l.jpg

zebedy
17-Jun-08, 12:59
Well the Inkredible i was on about is in Perth, Scotland! ;)

loganbiffy
17-Jun-08, 15:34
Well the Inkredible i was on about is in Perth, Scotland! ;)

Some of his work does look pretty damn sweet!

Just as well i have a couple of friends who are tattoo artists :P

Feeona
17-Jun-08, 17:50
I have 3 tattoo's now. I got one of mine done in Custom Ink in Glasgow when I was down that way and I think they were really good. Took time to see what kind of design you wanted and drew it for you. Really nice guys in there. I've also had 1 of mine done in Alness and thought the guy was good. Even phoned to let me know the person in before me hadn't turned up so I got taken an hour earlier than I should have. The tattoo I got done in Alness healed quickly and still looks good.

loganbiffy
17-Jun-08, 19:38
I have 3 tattoo's now. I got one of mine done in Custom Ink in Glasgow when I was down that way and I think they were really good. Took time to see what kind of design you wanted and drew it for you. Really nice guys in there. I've also had 1 of mine done in Alness and thought the guy was good. Even phoned to let me know the person in before me hadn't turned up so I got taken an hour earlier than I should have. The tattoo I got done in Alness healed quickly and still looks good.

Nice one, Yes Custom Ink is very good.

Who was it that tattooed you in Custom Ink, if you can remember that is!

Fantoosh
17-Jun-08, 22:05
There is a place in Aberdeen that have a Bebo site you can look at, Draconian tattoo studio. They often have guest artists from all over the place. When I went there was a guy called Danny Bulman from Ireland, he has done tattoos for Vin Diesel and other celebrities. Really really friendly in there aswell.

This is their bebo : http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4005047262

Feeona
22-Jun-08, 11:39
Ermm can't remember the guys name. He was quite young though. Must have only been about 24/25. I think he was American if I remember right

Kevin Milkins
23-Jun-08, 17:46
I think Zebedy's post sums it up: DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Recommendations online aren't worth a fart until you see a few flesh examples of their work.

Take your time, look at actual examples of the artist's work - NOT drawings or 'impressions' of what it may look like.

I'm happy with mine (done down South donkey's years ago), but I know many who regret getting tats done purely on recommendation without seeing 'flesh examples.

Hi northener
Did Doug Bull do yours in Portsmouth?

angela5
28-Jul-08, 15:16
Does anyone have the number for the guy in Dunbeath?

Happy Gilmour
11-Sep-08, 22:07
Haven't heard good reports about the guy in Dunbeath, have thought of the guy in Alness but not heard many reports, the guy in nairn is supposed to be good, but does anybody know about the 2 in inverness? Looking to have another tattoo but unsure as to which one to go to? Any feedback please....

telfordstar
12-Sep-08, 14:11
Does the guy that goes to the norseman still come up?

emszxr
12-Sep-08, 19:06
the guy that does the norseman was doing a pub in brora and i know he doesnt do brora anymore as think he was questioned about the hygiene side of doing it out of his studio.

northener
16-Sep-08, 23:37
Hi northener
Did Doug Bull do yours in Portsmouth?

Sorry Kev, i've only just seen your post.

The tattooist was under the railway arches near what was then HMS Vernon - now called Gunwharf Quays..I think.

We all called him 'Dirty Jack'....dunno what his real name was. This was late 70's early 80's.

Kevin Milkins
17-Sep-08, 00:57
Sorry Kev, i've only just seen your post.

The tattooist was under the railway arches near what was then HMS Vernon - now called Gunwharf Quays..I think.

We all called him 'Dirty Jack'....dunno what his real name was. This was late 70's early 80's.

It was a bit later I think that Doug had a shop in Portsmouth.
I think he went under the name of Taffy Jaguar and teamed up with Dai Fleet. They worked together in Gibralter for a time after that.