PDA

View Full Version : Help i have tooth-ache

linzy222
09-Jun-03, 17:24
Where can i get an NHS dentist?

I've had tooth-ache for 2 days now and it is driving me mad!!

:~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(

jjc
09-Jun-03, 18:14
I hear there's an NHS dentist taking on new patients in Glasgow... North of Inverness, you say??? Ummm, nope... no idea...

Sorry... I'm not sure that's helped much...

squidge
09-Jun-03, 19:14
Linzy there is no NHS dentist in the highlands who is taking on patients. I have toothache too hon. If you phone the NHS Dental Helpline - number from a local dentist - they will give you an appointment for emergency treatment. This will be in Inverness though - fortunately i am down there this week anyways

its a terrible state of affairs if you ask me

2little2late
09-Jun-03, 21:37
Linzy there is no NHS dentist in the highlands who is taking on patients.

I wonder if there's an NHS dentist in Perth?

squidge
09-Jun-03, 23:08
I wonder if there's an NHS dentist in Perth?

There is just one place left so i suggest you leave quickly so as not to miss it

linzy222
09-Jun-03, 23:57
I was talking to a girl tonight and she goes to the dunbar hospital coz there is a dentist there now, but is that only for kids?

I think i will give them a phone and see how i get on!!

champagnebaby
10-Jun-03, 00:02
A girl in my work was saying that the dunbar will treat people if it's an emergency, dunno if it's just kids or not though.

Tried dabbing whisky on it??? ususally works for me - for a whilie anyway :o)

P.S Or a hot water bottle sometimes soothes it

Geo
10-Jun-03, 00:19
Where can i get an NHS dentist?

I've had tooth-ache for 2 days now and it is driving me mad!!

:~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(

I'd recommend asking for an emergency appointment at any of the loacal dentists. They will probably sort it for you but it will cost. This happened to me a few years ago and it was £25 for a filling even though I was unemployed. Trouble is if you leave it, it may end up costing much more as it will require more work. :(

linzy222
12-Jun-03, 14:17
Good news i spoke to a nurse today and the dentist up in the dunbar does take adults so thats good to know but you have to phone the helpline!!

This is the number:0845 6442271

squidge
13-Jun-03, 01:51
i dont have toothache any more :D

linzy222
13-Jun-03, 14:09
LOL nor do i

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But it will come back no doubt thats why i put the number on here coz i won't lose it!!

Anonymous
14-Jun-03, 11:56
when I arived out here I made an appointment with the dentist, wow after the check up I was given a card with appointments to see - Dental hygenist,Perodontist, Dental Surgeon etc etc basically found out that my years of routine NHS dental treatment had been sub-standard and now enjoy the benefits of good dental treatment......and it is part of a company plan ;)

gleeber
14-Jun-03, 12:17
The devil looks after his own KW14 ;)

Anonymous
14-Jun-03, 17:18
[lol] Very true Gleeber, very true [lol] THat'll be why a god fearing man like yourself is toothless ;)

Anonymous
16-Jun-03, 13:06
Gleeber, care to explain the pardox in the fact that you believe in the Devil but not God :eek: Or have you just created this Devil in your mind to sort me out ;)

FairyFi
18-Jun-03, 20:47
The best thing you can do for tooth ache is take an icecube and hold it on the area between your thumb and second finger (the kinda flabby bit of skin) on the opposite hand of the side of the pain in your tooth.
For example if you have toothache in the right hand side of your mouth you put the ice cube on your left hand.
Sounds crazy but it really does work,something to do with homopathyness. Dont laugh, just try it and see.

Fairy Fi! xx

linzy222
18-Jun-03, 21:56
Thanx fairyfi i will give it a try the next time i get toothache

But u r right it does sound crazy i'll let u know how i get on!!

Drutt
18-Jun-03, 22:07
The best thing you can do for tooth ache is take an icecube and hold it on the area between your thumb and second finger (the kinda flabby bit of skin) on the opposite hand of the side of the pain in your tooth.

Ice cube not required! This is a common acupressure treatment for toothache - just pinch the area so that the sensation is somewhere between pleasure and pain. The same technique works during dental treatment apparently.

FairyFi
18-Jun-03, 22:10
True, but the point of the ice cube is to numb the hand so it numbs the tooth! it does work better using an ice cube! so there :-P

Drutt
18-Jun-03, 22:25
If you say so! :p :D

FairyFi
18-Jun-03, 22:29
I do!! :) and thats why my teethies are like this > :D

jjc
21-Feb-04, 15:31
Sorry to drag this really old thread back to the top of the board, but I thought you might like to know that John Thurso MP was a panellist on this week’s 'Any Questions' (the Radio 4 equivalent of 'Question Time') and the subject of NHS dentists (or the lack thereof) came up.

You can hear it here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/anyquestions.shtml) until the next edition airs on Friday night. They also seem to keep the transcripts of previous shows for quite a while (on the same site) so you can always read it if you've missed the 'listen again' option...

Caledonia
21-Feb-04, 22:41
There is now emergency provision.

I would have liked to see John Thurso taking the opportunity to raise the issue of the maternity unit, an issue he is completely incative on.

;)

Issy2
25-Feb-04, 02:09
I thought a doctor was obliged to help someone with a toothache if there was no dentist handy.
Owie :~(