PDA

View Full Version : wetherspoon

bekisman
10-Jun-08, 14:57
Just been to pick up timber in Thurso Building Supplies and a chap there was chatting about wetherspoon coming to Thurso, I mentioned that I had heard that the old Kirk next the Bank of Scotland was favourite, he replied that that had all fallen through and that Wetherspoon now had a site in Sinclair Street at the old Woodbees store - he seemed pretty adamant that this was going to happen..

Anyone else heard this?

dandod
10-Jun-08, 15:15
i heard this from one of the managers in the wick one.seemed fairly comfident that it was going ahead.

buggyracer
10-Jun-08, 15:20
i pity the residents in sinclair street, its bad enough parking there at the moment :eek:

ABC
10-Jun-08, 15:20
I heard the O'Brien Construction Ltd had bought it.

theone
10-Jun-08, 16:51
I'd be surprised if weatherspoons would commit to buying anything until they got planning permission/license applications accepted.

They haven't applied yet, therefore I'm sure it's all just rumours.

weeboyagee
10-Jun-08, 17:11
Not that the org is a place for gossip but,........ :eyes

WBG :cool:

DeHaviLand
10-Jun-08, 21:11
Where is Big A when you need him?;):lol:

TBH
10-Jun-08, 21:18
i heard this from one of the managers in the wick one.seemed fairly comfident that it was going ahead.How many managers does a typical spoons pub have?

donss
10-Jun-08, 21:20
Where is Big A when you need him?;):lol:

Yeah: Where's BIG A

dandod
11-Jun-08, 00:30
How many managers does a typical spoons pub have?

depends on the size of the pub or even lodge.it is not uncommen for them to have at least 5. 1 of which being the licence holder and 1 being the kitchen manager the rest would be shift managers.

TBH
11-Jun-08, 00:35
depends on the size of the pub or even lodge.it is not uncommen for them to have at least 5. 1 of which being the licence holder and 1 being the kitchen manager the rest would be shift managers.I didn't realise they had that many, I thought perhaps a head chef and a general manager. Cheers for the info.

dandod
11-Jun-08, 00:37
and with all that managers they still expect them to work 52 hours a week(well in the wick one anyway)

T-Bag
08-Jul-08, 14:06
Would there be anything wrong with a spoons in Thurso? Before Spoons in Wick opened alot of folk thought it wouldnt take off, but hey it's been open
five years and still going strong..I often wonder where Wickers went before Spoons? I think it would be a good thing.:roll:

Fran
08-Jul-08, 15:24
I dont think they would get planning permission as it is a residential areaThere are houses across the road and houses on the corner, a pub a few doors away and problems already exist with parking....so i cant see it happening.

bettedaviseyes
08-Jul-08, 16:48
nothing special about weatherspoons frozen foods no music well cheap drink only cheap tho cos it near its ofd mark!!! worked in the one in kirkcaldy they not long got music in it they were loosing custs oh never mind....

sam
08-Jul-08, 17:13
Not that the org is a place for gossip but,........ :eyes

WBG :cool:

As you well know lol, these good orgers would never dream of gossiping or spreading rumours ;)

speedo215
08-Jul-08, 18:16
o'briens have the bought the site that wetherspoon are wanting in thurso

Bobinovich
08-Jul-08, 18:26
Just been to pick up timber in Thurso Building Supplies and a chap there was chatting about wetherspoon coming to Thurso, I mentioned that I had heard that the old Kirk next the Bank of Scotland was favourite, he replied that that had all fallen through and that Wetherspoon now had a site in Sinclair Street at the old Woodbees store - he seemed pretty adamant that this was going to happen..

Anyone else heard this?

I posted (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=403468) about the possibilty of this less than a week ago, we'll just have to wait & see if it was O'Briens or Wetherspoons who purchased the place...

bekisman
08-Jul-08, 20:30
Me: "Anyone else heard this?"

Hi Bob, must have missed your posting.. expect we will all have to wait and see unless anyone knows more?

LMS
08-Jul-08, 22:54
I checked out the sale on www.ourproperty.co.uk (http://www.ourproperty.co.uk) where you can see prices, dates and sometimes the applicants and granter (buyers and sellers). There is a sale registered for Drill Hall, 21 Sinclair Street, Thurso for £110,000 to O'Brien Construction Limited.

Venture
09-Jul-08, 12:35
It would seem from today's Courier that everyone was thinking about the wrong property. Seems its the Station Hotel.

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/4876/Thurso_hotel_interests_top_pub_chain.html

JamesMcVean
09-Jul-08, 23:21
I heard that WS were buying the Station Hotel...oops just read the last comment lol