PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Mine?

brokencross
10-Jun-08, 08:39
The battery on my smoke alarm has just "gone", you know the sort of thing, the annoying beeep.. .. .. ..beeep.. .. .. ..beeep.

Why, oh why, oh why, does it always decide to start letting me know it is running low at about 4 in the blooming morning? As far as I can recall it is always in the middle of the night....always.

Is it just my smoke alarm that thinks it is an alarm clock or is it an Org wide phenomena.

What makes it worse is that it is not a simple case of getting up and whipping out the battery and straight back to bed while still half asleep. Where the alarm is positioned the PIR detector for the burglar alarm just catches my legs when I reach up to it. So unless I perform fantastic acrobatics to change the battery, I have to go downstairs turn off the alarm, go back and do the battery, then go and put the alarm back on. Totally, so very, very, wide, wide awake by then and it makes me grumpy all that day.

And I know I should change the battery annually and not wait for the middle of the night beeep...beeep...beeep

Allsorts
10-Jun-08, 09:01
Yep mine does it too and what I want to know is why I am the only person in the whole house it wakes up.........

brokencross
10-Jun-08, 09:05
Yep mine does it too and what I want to know is why I am the only person in the whole house it wakes up.........

Oh yes, you are so right! I forgot to mention that, my wife and 2 grown up daughters NEVER EVER hear it OR do they just turn a Nelsons blind "ear" knowing that muggins me will get up and sort it out. I think it must be a case of the latter.

bekisman
10-Jun-08, 10:04
Had this early morning 'bleep' a number of times - think because the early hours of the morning it's colder/cooler the battery looses it's charge and decides to 'wake the sods up'...