PDA

View Full Version : Car Drivers

gadc4474
09-Jun-08, 20:23
just thought id ask for some opinions . I have been passed ma test for a couple of years but im getting annoyed we those whom think its great to drive around without co.drivers while still having a provisional license what do they think they will acheive if they had an accident,( INVALID INSURANCE ) and we then have to pay out .:mad:

northener
09-Jun-08, 23:41
just thought id ask for some opinions . I have been passed ma test for a couple of years but im getting annoyed we those whom think its great to drive around without co.drivers while still having a provisional license what do they think they will acheive if they had an accident,( INVALID INSURANCE ) and we then have to pay out .:mad:

Easy solution: If you know anyone who's doing this then I suggest you pass on their details to the Police.

theone
09-Jun-08, 23:56
Easy solution: If you know anyone who's doing this then I suggest you pass on their details to the Police.

I agree. You're obviously speaking with some inside knowledge here.

People breaking the law push all our insurance premiums up, thereby hurting us all. And that's not including adding to the risk of an accident. A phonecall to the police station, 893222 in Thurso, tell them you don't want to leave your name but.... Then leave them the car reg/names of people you know breaking the law.

I wouldn't think twice about it.

Tighsonas4
10-Jun-08, 12:55
just in a curious sort of mood these days[lol] but how do you know that the first post refers to thurso??? tony

rfr10
10-Jun-08, 15:58
Do you know they are drivers with a provisional licence? They could be fully licenced drivers who are driving cars with learner plates on it if their relation is maybe learning to drive on the same car. I'm guessing you must know who these drivers you refer to are.

The one thing which really, really, really irritates me on the roads of Wick today is the amount of young, learner scooter/ moped drivers, some who are completely incapable of controling a vehicle and abiding to even basic rules of the road. Goodness knows where they get the money from to waste on fuel. I don't think there's a single night I've been out in Wick that I haven't spotted one. I've seen them travelling in "gangs" in two sets of three in a row along the road, constantly revving their bike up to agitate other road users who are travelling in front of them. Most of them can't seem to stay in a very straight line on the road and think that braking about one meter behind a car in front of them at a junction (hoping that their brakes work) in order to stop. Some of these vehicles can travel over 50 mph, they do not require any supervision before passing a test and are allowed to travel freely for one year with a "L" plate. There should be stricter laws for the use of these vehicles.

theone
10-Jun-08, 16:34
just in a curious sort of mood these days[lol] but how do you know that the first post refers to thurso??? tony

I am sure the Thurso police could hand over the information to the local police if need be.

*Martin*
10-Jun-08, 21:49

If you look through his other posts you can find out he's from wick! [lol]

Tighsonas4
11-Jun-08, 17:14
If you look through his other posts you can find out he's from wick! [lol]
good detective work had tried his profile but i may be an orger but wouldnt do for a dc regards tony [lol]

dessie
11-Jun-08, 17:21
it is supposed to be elligal to drive a car if you have a full licence.And have L plates showing...unless you are teaching someone..and when u have finished you have to remove the plates..

hotrod4
11-Jun-08, 18:13
good detective work had tried his profile but i may be an orger but wouldnt do for a dc regards tony [lol]

Its amazing what you can find out by doing that!!! ;)

highlander2222
11-Jun-08, 19:03
it is supposed to be elligal to drive a car if you have a full licence.And have L plates showing...unless you are teaching someone..and when u have finished you have to remove the plates..

You are right unless it is a driving school

joxville
11-Jun-08, 19:51

It's the old question that pops up here: what if you knew someone was driving illegally and they had an accident in which one of your relations were injured/killed, how would you feel then?

I would report them but first I'd tell them of my intentions. I speak from experience, because I've had a run-in with a workmate who bought a second-hand car but he was going to wait 2 weeks before taxing it. I said he would be driving illegally and that his insurance would be void in the event of an accident, and it was people like me that had to suffer increased premiums because of drivers with his attitude.

He was still going to wait the 2 weeks until I threatened to call the police. He had to take an hour off work to go and get it taxed, and he didn't speak to me for 10 weeks because of it. I would have gone through with the threat to call the police.