PDA

View Full Version : Halkirk strawberries?

Solus
09-Jun-08, 18:06
Got a little prezzie yesterday, some one dropped off two punnets of strawberries for Solus to munch on. They were from Halkirk if i recall, sutherland i think was the name on the container, and blimey were they tasty and juicy :D.

Little pepper on them and boy oh boy :)

unicorn
09-Jun-08, 18:10
pepper on strawberries?????? :eek: Never heard of that :eek:

Solus
09-Jun-08, 18:13
yup unicorn, little sprinkle on one, try it, trust me.

unicorn
09-Jun-08, 18:17
I stand corrected :lol: I just googled it but had never heard of doing that before.
thats my learned something new for today:lol:

mccaugm
09-Jun-08, 18:52
Pepper on strawberries sounds utterly vile..

Bobinovich
09-Jun-08, 19:03
Aye, Strawberries from G. R. & P. H. Sutherland (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=617) are well tasty - probably the best I've tasted.

silverfox57
09-Jun-08, 19:31
Aye, Strawberries from G. R. & P. H. Sutherland (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=617) are well tasty - probably the best I've tasted.
George and pats strawberries are fresh and good, bit double cream on top ,very tasty:lol:

Solus
09-Jun-08, 20:05
Thats them Bob, so good I did not want to share :confused

poppett
11-Jun-08, 20:42
Had some tonight. Got them in Mackay the butchers!

Lovely with the new amore natural yoghurt with dark chocolate flake in.

Yoghurt currently on offer in Frasers on Castlegreen Road.

binbob
11-Jun-08, 20:50
i had some yesterday,bought in halkirk spar shop.they were delicious...almost as good as the ones that i grew up with ...grown in invergowrie,near dundee.better than any supermarkets!!!

Bobinovich
11-Jun-08, 21:27
Went berry picking in Blairgowrie during our holidays some 34 years ago! Probably ate as many as I put in the bucket tho' :D

golach
11-Jun-08, 23:18
Went berry picking in Blairgowrie during our holidays some 34 years ago! Probably ate as many as I put in the bucket tho' :D
As a bairn living on a farm in the Carse of Gowrie, you were expected to go "Berry Picking" Strawbs at first , hard work, but after a few days you sickend yourself of Strawberries, and I still hate them.
Then it was the Raspberry picking time, that was worse, thorns , berry bugs, and Rasps......I now will not put Raspberry jam in my mouth, I know what we used to do to make the Rasps Weigh so much [disgust]

davem
11-Jun-08, 23:22
I never ate enough to put me off - not for want of trying.
Bilberries too - any up here?