PDA

View Full Version : Runrig

goldenguernsey
30-Nov-05, 02:19
Is anybody going to see Runrig live this next week or so?
I think the dates are 6th 7th and 8th December at Perth, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Edinburgh is definitely the 7th Dec as our tickets just arrived today.
Can't wait.
GG.

The Pepsi Challenge
30-Nov-05, 05:37
Aye; covering their Embra' show. I'm only in it for the money, by the way.

Cliff Claven
02-Dec-05, 14:47
Hope that wisna a wee dig at Runrig there pepsi, don't forget they are the best band in the world EVER!! Im sure everybody will agree.

Saveman
02-Dec-05, 16:46
Aye; covering their Embra' show. I'm only in it for the money, by the way.

Hey Pepsi,
Could you post a short review here? I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on them live....

Cheers

valentine
07-Dec-05, 13:17
Well hope you have a good time let us know how you get on !!

The Pepsi Challenge
07-Dec-05, 16:45
Hey Pepsi,
Could you post a short review here? I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on them live....

Cheers

Read it in the paper when it comes oot. :)

cullbucket
07-Dec-05, 18:22
Read it in the paper when it comes oot. :)

You're not that guy who did the music reviews in the groat are you?
What was his name - Hector Robertson or something like that.... his review of Nirvana's Nevermind cracked me up.....

The Pepsi Challenge
08-Dec-05, 12:48
Very funny, cullick. You know perfectly well he's Hector Mackenzie. Yes, I look back at the days when me and my pals were part of the anti-We Hate Hector campaign. The guy was writing for a small, provincial paper, yet he thought we was writing for the NME, poor lad. Still, who can forget his comparisons of Kurt Cobain with that of his own life. Oh how we laughed. Oh yes. Where is the now? You may well ask.

Runrig were in fine fettle last night, by the way. I'm so glad Donnie and Wishart left to become politicians.

cullbucket
08-Dec-05, 12:54
Cheers for the name - I honestly forgot - then I googled....here is a quote from http://www.allmediascotland.com/ams/stoppress.asp

[quote]A new editor has been appointed at one of Scotland’s most northerly titles.
Hector MacKenzie has succeeded Caroline Rham as editor of the Scottish Provincial Press-owned Ross-shire Journal weekly.
Rham has stepped down after four years as editor and nine years on the paper. MacKenzie, 39, was previously chief reporter at the Highland News weekly, which is also part of the SPP stable.
He trained on the Press and Journal, Aberdeen, and then moved to the John O’ Groat Journal in Caithness where he was a senior reporter.
He subsequently moved to the Inverness Courier weekly where he became chief reporter and then news editor.
Four years ago, he joined the English-language national, China Daily, as a sub-editor, based in Beijing, returning to Scotland and the Highland News last year.
The Ross-shire Journal has a circulation of 11,011 (ABC Jan to Dec 2004).[quote]

If he is only 39 I suppose he would have only been in his early 20s when he was writing the cringeworthy stuff in the groat.....

The Pepsi Challenge
08-Dec-05, 13:01
It was the only thing worth reading in the Groat at the time, even it was just for us to have a laugh at him. I guess the young 'uns of today say the same about me. Fair dues.

Anyone fancy chipping in to buy out the Caithness Courier/ John O' Groat Journal? I've got about £1.36. If a dozen of us get together we should be able to afford it and the editor's taxi home, too.