PDA

View Full Version : Too complacent

Tugmistress
09-Jun-08, 14:25
For those of you like me who have really relaxed with the beautiful weather lately, it's wake up call time :(
Caught me on the hop, going to get a 'slight blow' tonight (which has started already :roll: ) so make sure your trampolines are secure as i have seen a lot of them out in gardens again now. already had a patch where it was gusting to 45mph and looking at the charts the isobars have tightened up as they traverse us later this evening so we may get a good gust or two around the 55mph mark which coming from the northwest could cause one or two things to go walkabouts.

hotrod4
09-Jun-08, 15:00
beginning to get up in Wick, already.
Will batten down the hatches!! :)

Anji
09-Jun-08, 15:04
Thanks, Tugs. I've just moved my hanging baskets from the front of the house to the safety of the potting shed.

chaz
09-Jun-08, 15:21
Thank you tuggs going to move everything blowable :) xx

skimeister
09-Jun-08, 15:44
Aye its getting blowey out here in Armadale and is heading east - surf's picking up though :D

BazzaG
09-Jun-08, 16:13
cheers for the info tugs, have taken kids play tent down to be safe lol

canuck
09-Jun-08, 16:18
It is just starting to blow here in Edinburgh, although I think the way the trees are bending suggests that it is coming from the west.

Angela
09-Jun-08, 16:35
It is just starting to blow here in Edinburgh, although I think the way the trees are bending suggests that it is coming from the west.

I'd say so, canuck, and these rather ominous grey clouds passing swiftly over my head should be with you...any minute now! ;) :roll:

joxville
10-Jun-08, 00:24
Sorry everyone but I just have to let you know it's been another fantastic day here in Hampshire. I sat in the garden from 10.30am enjoying the sound of the birds and topping up my tan from the glorious sun beating down.:D:D

lynne duncan
10-Jun-08, 14:01
think this is what the old folks called the lupin winds, ie the flowers would be flattened if they weren't tied up, thankfully i've tied mine so the lupins and delphs are still standing

highbury
10-Jun-08, 15:42
Sorry everyone but I just have to let you know it's been another fantastic day here in Hampshire. I sat in the garden from 10.30am enjoying the sound of the birds and topping up my tan from the glorious sun beating down.:D:D

AND IN KENT !!! Beer in t'garden tonite !!