PDA

View Full Version : We gave them a good spanking ..

Lord Flasheart
08-Jun-08, 14:22
.. Sorry not a fetish thread .. Shame on You .. ;)

Just been reading this Telegraph article on 3 Para out in Afghanistan .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/frontline/2085114/Paratroopers-launch-biggest-battle-in-Afghanistan-for-two-years.html .. and on reaching the bottom had to giggle at the quote from the member of 3 Para Mortars .. "The Taliban took us from the rear and we gave them a good spanking" .. cant believe how that got past the editor.

Also enjoyed the Officer telling the village elders the Taliban "fight like women" and describing the situation there as "They start it, we finish it"

Nice to see the old British spirit still survives undimmed in this PC day and age !!

northener
08-Jun-08, 15:09
.. Sorry not a fetish thread .. Shame on You .. ;)

Just been reading this Telegraph article on 3 Para out in Afghanistan .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/frontline/2085114/Paratroopers-launch-biggest-battle-in-Afghanistan-for-two-years.html .. and on reaching the bottom had to giggle at the quote from the member of 3 Para Mortars .. "The Taliban took us from the rear and we gave them a good spanking" .. cant believe how that got past the editor.

Also enjoyed the Officer telling the village elders the Taliban "fight like women" and describing the situation there as "They start it, we finish it"

Nice to see the old British spirit still survives undimmed in this PC day and age !!

That reminds me of a TV clip of squaddies on the 'Canberra' (or QE2) en route to the Falklands. They were singing to the tune of Cliff Richards "Summer Holiday"

"We're all going on a summer holiday
We're all gonna kill a -(person of Latin American/Hispanic origin, begins with S - work it out yourselves)- or two"

Gawd, the PC's would have a field day with that.[lol]

scorrie
08-Jun-08, 15:16
I read this section in that article:-

"They were winning the firefight for a little while as they hit us by surprise. It was pretty hairy, like. When I was running back to my position the guys saw rounds landing by my feet."

I think I would have been dropping "rounds" myself in that situation ;)

Lord Flasheart
08-Jun-08, 18:46
That reminds me of a TV clip of squaddies on the 'Canberra' (or QE2) en route to the Falklands. They were singing to the tune of Cliff Richards "Summer Holiday"

"We're all going on a summer holiday
We're all gonna kill a -(person of Latin American/Hispanic origin, begins with S - work it out yourselves)- or two"

Gawd, the PC's would have a field day with that.[lol]

As a space nut I have read a lot of books on the subject including Saturn V designer Werner Von Braun's "I aim for the Stars", I mentioned this to a WW2 veteran who had a real hatred of the doodlebugs and V2 rockets which Von Braun designed. He just turned and said "Really, I thought it was London" .. I choked on my tea.

joxville
08-Jun-08, 18:55
As a space nut I have read a lot of books on the subject including Werner Von Braun's "I aim for the Stars", I mentioned this to a WW2 veteran who had a real hatred of the doodlebugs and V2 rockets. He just turned and said "Really, I thought it was London" .. I choked on my tea.

Knowing you are a space(d out) nut I thought this may be of interest you LF: http://tech.uk.msn.com/features/article.aspx?cp-documentid=8457674 Get your application in now.

Lord Flasheart
09-Jun-08, 07:38
Watching the news this morning I saw the Para's have taken their first casualties due to a suicide bomber.

May they Rest in Peace.

TBH
09-Jun-08, 10:22
Watching the news this morning I saw the Para's have taken their first casualties due to a suicide bomber.

May they Rest in Peace.According to Mr Brown:

He added in a statement: "The risks they bear and the sacrifices they make should be in our thoughts, not just today but every day."
Great statement but his government are not willing to support them when it comes to wage rises and possible life-saving equipment.

Lord Flasheart
09-Jun-08, 15:28
Exactly.

New Labour has destroyed the Armed Forces and treated the Militairy Covenant with utter contempt. But then there doesnt seem to be too much concern in the country either, flipping Big Brother is more on people's mind it seems.

To quote the officer from the article .. "They start it, we finish it" .. ever seen an angry Para ? .. not pleasant.

This was what the Para's left for "TerryTaliban" to read last time, it was written on a wall for them to discover ..

Watch Out Terry, Were hunting you down,
There's nowhere to hide in Sangin town,
You mess yourself when the .50's are fired,
No point in running .. you'll only die tired.

Got A-10's on call for brassing you up,
No food or water, we don't give a hoot,
So do one now Terry you've plenty to fear,
We run this town now .. the Para's are here.

*Edited to abide by Forum rules*