PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Parapsychology Association

A_Usher
08-Jun-08, 13:01
Caithness Parapsychology Association

I am in the process of setting up and academic and research group into areas of parapsychology. This will run with a view to obtaining information through properly structured trials and examinations, with a view to looking at publication in journals such as SSPR and SPR.

Parapsychology is an very big interest of mine, and i have some very good connection academically in the field and i am now looking to take some more of the academic research i have been working on to the next step, and therefore i am looking for individuals who are interested in this field to participate and move forward the concept of CPA.

Individuals should have a keen interest and also, BE OBJECTIVE in the study of parapsychology and related areas.
Research will include a variety of areas, a few of the areas which i am working in at the moment are:

Remote Influencing
Human Consciousness
Ganzfield studies
Cold Reading

If anyone is interested drop me an email to andrew@uk-rv.co.uk

ciderally
08-Jun-08, 19:49
good luck with that hope you keep us posted...

Rheghead
08-Jun-08, 20:58
Caithness Parapsychology Association

I am in the process of setting up and academic and research group into areas of parapsychology. This will run with a view to obtaining information through properly structured trials and examinations, with a view to looking at publication in journals such as SSPR and SPR.

It should be a very short-term exercise indeed if carried out properly and should come to the same conclusions as studies elsewhere show that there is no such thing. If there was, we should be winning the lottery and the nags every week. I'll keep an open mind though:roll:

A_Usher
08-Jun-08, 21:20
There have been many studies that have shown that something occurs in certain areas of psychology that are hard to define or explain and exist out with conventional understanding.

Perhaps you could share some of your wisdom at our group, and show us some of the properly controlled short term excercises :) Have you looked the data in regard to the Ganzfield expermiments for example?

I had the pleasure of spending a week with Chris Roe of Nottingham University several weeks ago, who is senior lecturer in psychology and an investigator within areas of parapsychology, and Chris has conducted some fascinating studies, and i am keen to investigate some of those studies. Parapsychology covers a vast range of areas.

The aim of this group is to be objective and to realise the standing point of both sides of investigation, but as i mentioned i am looking for people objective and keen to get involved in some academic research.

Its each to their own.

Rheghead
08-Jun-08, 22:13
There have been many studies that have shown that something occurs in certain areas of psychology that are hard to define or explain and exist out with conventional understanding.

Perhaps you could share some of your wisdom at our group, and show us some of the properly controlled short term excercises :) Have you looked the data in regard to the Ganzfield expermiments for example?

I had the pleasure of spending a week with Chris Roe of Nottingham University several weeks ago, who is senior lecturer in psychology and an investigator within areas of parapsychology, and Chris has conducted some fascinating studies, and i am keen to investigate some of those studies. Parapsychology covers a vast range of areas.

The aim of this group is to be objective and to realise the standing point of both sides of investigation, but as i mentioned i am looking for people objective and keen to get involved in some academic research.

Its each to their own.

It seems like I'm an ideal candidate to get involved.

A_Usher
08-Jun-08, 22:16
Your more than welcome, i want a good mix of people.

A lot of people due to the spiritualist church thread emailed me to say i was a psychic basher, lol...., which isnt the case, i am open to everything, i just want to conduct some proper research, in an academic way, and therefore want people interested in the field, and objective to get involved.

Rheghead
08-Jun-08, 22:21
Your more than welcome, i want a good mix of people.

A lot of people due to the spiritualist church thread emailed me to say i was a psychic basher, lol...., which isnt the case, i am open to everything, i just want to conduct some proper research, in an academic way, and therefore want people interested in the field, and objective to get involved.

OK, count me in, let me know of the details and I will do my best to take part, shiftwork permitting.:D But be under no allusion, I will pounce on your venture if it isn't done scientifically. I am keen to know the outcome.

A_Usher
08-Jun-08, 22:27
Excellent.

I am running a clinical trial at the moment, should be complete in the next 3 weeks, ill be writing up the report and collating the statistics.

The aim will be to get a meeting of interested parties and lay out the foundations.
For those interested, this will be run very akin to clinical trials and academic structure, and the ultimate aim is pure research and statistical correlation with a view to publication.

I am looking for participants to undergo some hypnosis whilst being monitored on our EEG machine at the surgery for my book i am writing into cognition, hypnosis and trance phenomena.
If anyone is interested let me know.

JamesMcVean
08-Jun-08, 22:37
I would love to get involved...I am on the other side of the fence...open minded and ready to try and test any belief system. I have experimented with biofeedback...had a degree of success in OOBE...studied hemispherical synchronisation of the brain (alpha state induction) and have found this an intensely interesting and stimulating subject (on and off) for the last 20 years.

The only downside is that I work away from home for a few weeks at a time, but I would definately like to chat about your stuff...

I also believe in an afterlife of sorts...I am not a spiritualist or churchgoer - just a questing soul who Knows there is more inside than meets the inner eye lol

One question...

Will you researching UFO matters?

Have you studied the works of Robert Monroe and the Institute he set up in the states? His first book is a definate must read. Also - The Holographic Universe by a chap Talbot i think...

That is enough from me...

A_Usher
08-Jun-08, 22:39
James,
Yes, i know the Monroe material, i actually recently brought over Major Paul Smith to Glasgow to do his first UK remote viewing training.

I am doing research also into binaural beats etc.

Oddquine
08-Jun-08, 22:47
It should be a very short-term exercise indeed if carried out properly and should come to the same conclusions as studies elsewhere show that there is no such thing. If there was, we should be winning the lottery and the nags every week. I'll keep an open mind though

It seems like I'm an ideal candidate to get involved.

Given your first statement on this thread.................I don't see much openmindedness.................so what makes you think you'd be an ideal candidate?

Saying you have an open mind is rather contradicted by your first two sentences.................which tend to illustrate the opposite.

JamesMcVean
08-Jun-08, 23:10
I have indeed heard the third tone

it is a strange experience to hear the interference pattern as a separate sound inside your head.

Rheghead
08-Jun-08, 23:21
Given your first statement on this thread.................I don't see much openmindedness.................so what makes you think you'd be an ideal candidate?

Saying you have an open mind is rather contradicted by your first two sentences.................which tend to illustrate the opposite.

You will find that a skeptical mind if proven wrong will be the biggest proponent of the facts.

brandy
08-Jun-08, 23:55
the best research comes when you have opposites on the same team.. the sceptics and belivers. that way you get both sides of the story, and more credibility when the sceptics have to admit that they have no rational reason for the unxplained bar the obvious.. *winks* and also to bring the ones that belive every little bump in the night is a ghostie back down to earth when it can be explained by something out.
the main thing is to find out exactly what is going on. to explain it and document it. im open myself, and would love to be part of the experiment.

JamesMcVean
09-Jun-08, 00:29
Brandy

It seems like a very interesting topic to research...have you tried/read about/heard of SRV...Scientific Remote Viewing....?

The American govt developed it in the 70's during the cold war as psychic spying...apparently it is learnable...sitting quitely and after recieving a random six digit number from a 'controller'...you do Blind experiments and see what your brain recieves...images...semsations...feelings...till you can name the thing/place...
The controller doesnt even know what the test object/place is...until the envelope is opened at the end...it is tamper proof...

I read all about it in the past...Mind Trek - Joseph McMoneagle and the Psychic Warrior by David? Moorehouse?
Bloomin good reads...
But till personally proven
taken with a healthy pinch o salt

James

Valerie Campbell
09-Jun-08, 11:42
Can't help smiling reading the thread. Reminds me of Clyde University with Douglas, Craig and Justine, characters from Sea of Souls! Anyway, I think there is a lot of interest in this pseudoscience (as some call it). It should be upgraded!! Good luck with your research.

A_Usher
10-Jun-08, 17:24
Thanks to those who emailed, ill be arranging a meeting to discuss this further. So if anyone esle is interested, email me for the details.