PDA

View Full Version : Fish and Chips

Fran
08-Jun-08, 02:42
I have tried them all, and Henrietta Street Chip shop in wick is by far the best for value and taste. Always cooked to perfection and hot and fresh. A small fish supper (one fish) is under £4 and orders can be phoned through and collected, no standing waiting. Excellent and friendly service.

Amy-Winehouse
08-Jun-08, 11:49
For once in my life, I wholeheartedly agree with Fran. I had a red supper last Saturday from Henrietta st, when I walked up to the shop I saw 9 people entering & there were another 6 inside waiting, but much to my delight , there were 7 staff behind the counter and I had a 2 min stay!!!

The service was fast, friendly & the food was excellent , im pleased to say!!

I dont normally go into chip shops these days but this was all worth the effort. I will be back

poppett
08-Jun-08, 12:20
Henrietta Street chippy was a favourite (along with Peachies) when I used to frequent the dances at the Rosebank Hotel many moons ago.

Glad to hear it is still going strong, and will re-visit it soon.

nicnic74
08-Jun-08, 14:32
had a fish supper masel on fri nite & it wiz lovely,
could fair do one just now but it dosnt open on
a sunday anymore:~(

floyed
08-Jun-08, 17:30
Henrietta Street chippy was a favourite (along with Peachies) when I used to frequent the dances at the Rosebank Hotel many moons ago.

Glad to hear it is still going strong, and will re-visit it soon.

Ahh Peaches chips they were delicious with loads of salt and vinegar:eek:

liz19
08-Jun-08, 17:32
had a fish supper masel on fri nite & it wiz lovely,
could fair do one just now but it dosnt open on
a sunday anymore:~(

Not many places do open on a sunday anymore strange when takeout is now more popular than ever what are there opening times used to like elizabeths on main street but hasn't been open when i've been passing for ages now:~(

Bobinovich
08-Jun-08, 18:26
Castletown chippy opens on a Sunday just in case anyone fancies one :D

floyed
08-Jun-08, 18:35
Does Houstons not open on a Sunday and the Harbour????

angela5
08-Jun-08, 19:37
Ahh Peaches chips they were delicious with loads of salt and vinegar:eek:

Maybe too much...the arse fell out the chip bag the whole time :lol:

hopper.65
08-Jun-08, 19:58
I have tried them all, and Henrietta Street Chip shop in wick is by far the best for value and taste. Always cooked to perfection and hot and fresh. A small fish supper (one fish) is under £4 and orders can be phoned through and collected, no standing waiting. Excellent and friendly service.

The Riverside chippy in Thurso is the best chippy, the fish supper is second to none, and the batter is light and crispy, thought it was worth every penny.

Fluff
09-Jun-08, 15:24
I miss red pudding suppers and proper fish and chips :(