PDA

View Full Version : Flat screen monitor problem

ecb
07-Jun-08, 11:21
There is a flat screen monitor in a place which offers Internet access, that has recently developed a problem, there are black lines going most of the way across the screen and also black blotches (see attached picture).

Does anyone know what would cause this, is there a way of putting this right or is the monitor irrepairably damaged?

Bobinovich
07-Jun-08, 17:10
It may sound weird but it looks more like ink! Do you know if it is there from when the computer is first switched on? If not then it's possibly a driver problem, but if it is then the monitor is probably damaged.

ecb
09-Jun-08, 15:07
I don't think it was ink. The marks were there when the pc was first switched on, so probably not a driver problem. Their IT people have now replaced the monitor, but they didn't tell the person on duty what was wrong with it, so I can only assume that the monitor was damaged.

Thanks for the reply.

lazytown
10-Jun-08, 06:14
Looks like some one has twisted the monitor up on the right hand side and the lcd has bled.

Riffman
11-Jun-08, 11:45
That is an internally cracked screen. Me thinks someone bent it or dropped it...

the_count
15-Jun-08, 02:57
dropped my flatscreen once and was very lucky ..... i lost a pixel just 1 lol i would have to agree with that one being bent or twisted somehow :D