PDA

View Full Version : Favorite curry

Chillie
29-Nov-05, 04:44
I had beautiful beef madras out of the Balti House last night. Whats Yours?

hereboy
29-Nov-05, 06:05
Tim Curry from Rocky Horror Picture Show...

Least favorite - Edwina Curry and John Curry - whoever egged that pair on are skating on thin ice in my book.

guitarzan
29-Nov-05, 07:08
has to be a chicken bhuna :) they're ace

paris
29-Nov-05, 09:50
Used to live next door to an indian couple who owned a very large take away, so got the chance to sample most dishes FOR FREE! Anything not to hot for me, and would die for an onion bargi.( spelling may be wrong there)

Chillie
29-Nov-05, 10:32
Mines is a full Tandori Chicken also from Balti House

Julia
29-Nov-05, 11:12
Is the Balti House in Wick?

I'm so boring when it comes to curries, Lamb Korma is my usual, had one from K2 the other week and it was real nice

Onion Bhaji with that cumcumber minty dip stuff YUM

spiggie
29-Nov-05, 12:58
hmmm chicken dansak and south indian garlic chilli chicken, luuuuurrvly :) Bring on the spice

squidge
29-Nov-05, 13:21
Green herbed chicken from the smithton take away

its just to die for

donss
29-Nov-05, 16:12
Vindaloo from Weatherspoons on a Thursday night is surprisingly good, and great value too........

Hot lips, hot tongue and that's not all!!! A bargain buzz.... ;-)

fed-ex
29-Nov-05, 16:28
A vinaloo from the Balti house is brilliant too or the aloo gobi.
Those curries in Weatherspoons are just thrown in the microwave and the chicken is horrible, or is that just in my opinion.

Mad Martigan
29-Nov-05, 17:03
Gotta be Chicken Jalfrezi, nice & spicy mmmmmmmmmmmm:D

jambo
29-Nov-05, 19:57
had a lebanese curry last night only problem was woke up this morning with sheiites

Kenn
29-Nov-05, 20:41
Got to be a meat dhansak or a kofta curry also quite partial to a sag alloo.Preferably with chapattis rather than pappadoms and must have saffron rice. Now where did I put the phone number for out favourite takaway?

hereboy
29-Nov-05, 21:29
Got to be a meat dhansak or a kofta curry also quite partial to a sag alloo.Preferably with chapattis rather than pappadoms and must have saffron rice. Now where did I put the phone number for out favourite takaway?

I gave up eating chappatis when my uncle told me how they used to make them in the Navy in the good old days...

angela5
30-Nov-05, 15:56
I gave up eating chappatis when my uncle told me how they used to make them in the Navy in the good old days...
Ilove chappatis but i'd like to know how they made them in the navy?

anyway, veg biriyani, aloo gobi yum yum!

wicker
30-Nov-05, 16:06
chicken pakora to start with spiced onions and mint dip then chicken pathia mmmm

hereboy
30-Nov-05, 16:35
Ilove chappatis but i'd like to know how they made them in the navy?

anyway, veg biriyani, aloo gobi yum yum!

The cooks being largely from the indian subcontinent, used to eat spicy food. The galleys being in the bowels of the ship and being pretty hot what with all the cooking used to make the cooks sweat.

Now, think of how a proper pizza is made, stretching the dough etc by hand, flinging it about etc...

OK -now, lets got back to the sweaty cooks - as they are rolling out one chapati by hand in the hot kitchen - they need to hold it somewhere and add some spice to it while they pick up the next ball of dough to get the next chapati started...

Now the cooks just wore vests - where did they "hold" one chapati and give it some spicy flavour at the same time? Their sweat contained spices... right?

Think - oxters.

Enjoy!

Spittal Hill Eagle
30-Nov-05, 17:47
I remember something about an initiation ceremony called "The Golden Rivet" which also took place in the bowels of ships.

Anyone know anything about this?

Sorry for dropping the curry theme.

mr_magoo
30-Nov-05, 20:58
A vinaloo from the Balti house is brilliant too or the aloo gobi.
Those curries in Weatherspoons are just thrown in the microwave and the chicken is horrible, or is that just in my opinion.i had one in wetherspoons too,it was as you say,mine was the beef one tho,or was it rubber,tasted like it,not sure what it looked like,maybe good job im blinn.The angus beef pie was none too clever either.

fed-ex
30-Nov-05, 21:06
i had one in wetherspoons too,it was as you say,mine was the beef one tho,or was it rubber,tasted like it,not sure what it looked like,maybe good job im blinn.The angus beef pie was none too clever either.Thanks mr magoo, im glad someone agrees wih me on that one as i'v had a certain person pm me saying i shouldn't be saying the curries were horrible. I dont know why they wouldnt just put a post on here and share their views with everyone. Maybe they were afraid that too many people would agree with me. Anyway I think I made it quite clear in my original post that what I said as only in my opinion so if someone dosn't like it ...tough...just like the pies. .

angela5
30-Nov-05, 23:45
:p ugh! thanks for that hereboy, thankfully times have changed and the chapati's i am now eating are made in clean, enviromentley friendly kitchens.

fed-ex
01-Dec-05, 00:58
Thanks mr magoo, im glad someone agrees wih me on that one as i'v had a certain person pm me saying i shouldn't be saying the curries were horrible. I dont know why they wouldnt just put a post on here and share their views with everyone. Maybe they were afraid that too many people would agree with me. Anyway I think I made it quite clear in my original post that what I said as only in my opinion so if someone dosn't like it ...tough...just like the pies. .MMMMM NICE.............now i seem to have been given bad reputation for giving my opinion. I didn't realise that we all had to love Weatherspoons food. At the very least I do have an opinion and not hide behind pm's. I dont think its very fair to get bad rep from someone who dosnt even make posts........Grrrrrrrrr.

ladyvixen
01-Dec-05, 01:14
A nice dhansak is my favourite used to get a great one at Shelina Spice indian takeaway up in high ormlie in thurso but the chef has left so will have to learn to make my own!:(

Chillie
01-Dec-05, 01:23
All pub chains use ready made curries, some people only like them for the price regardless how tastless they are unlike some of us that don't mind paying for the real thing.

fed-ex
01-Dec-05, 01:26
All pub chains use ready made curries, some people only like them for the price regardless how tastless they are unlike some of us that don't mind paying for the real thing.Yur not allowed to say that Dumbo. You'll have bad reputation too or maybe a pm.

twee_dledee
01-Dec-05, 01:34
Well I also think Weatherspoons is crap and I dont care if I get bad rep for saying so!!!!!! Those naan breads are disgusting

angela5
01-Dec-05, 23:50
I had a lovely vegetable masala from the balti house one evening.
I have visited wetherspoons also, because i've had many a delicious curry before i decided i would try their veg/masala
big mistake yuk!, it was full of pumpkin the nan bread was like a brick, waste of money.

lydia.bain
07-Dec-05, 00:29
I wonder if the food will be good at the new restaurant coming soon in Princess st?Dont know when it's due to open though!

Chillie
07-Dec-05, 04:47

I had a lovely fish and broad bean curry with freshly made chappatis tonite out o the Balti House Wick Ab Fab.

brandy
07-Dec-05, 10:22
im a wuss.. i have to go with a korma.. *Laughs* love the K2 ones though!

Dons_Lad
07-Dec-05, 14:16
Madras or a Jalfrezi for me, I like ze spice!

Donnie
07-Dec-05, 18:19
I go for a Chicken Phall when you can get it. If not then it's either a Vindaloo or Chilli Madras. Always with Peshwari Naan.