PDA

View Full Version : Reid's Bakery

Chitty
06-Jun-08, 10:22
I first posted this on the recommendation section under another thread & realised it was in the wrong place.

A friend of mine had an interview a week last Wednesday for a job in Reid's Bakery. The interview was at 11 o'clock which they duly attended only to be told that someone had turned up late for their appointment and could they come back at 2 o'clock!!

On the way back to the 2 o'clock appointment they got a phone call to say the job had been filled. Now is it not courtesy to interview all candidates before a post is filled or am I old fashioned living in my own little bubble, how would a young person have felt if this was the first interview they had attended.

I agree they are expanding their range of goods but advise/training on people skills would benefit them more which to me is despicable and had it happened to me I would've taken it further.

cuddlepop
06-Jun-08, 10:45
They obviously knew who they wanted for the job and the offer of an interview was only a "token" jesture.

It makes me mad too when this happens,all to often in my experience.[disgust]

silverfox
06-Jun-08, 11:18
Rather than downing this bakery why not go in and ask for an explanation on this matter. The staff are all very polite and am sure they will give you an answer. No local business needs this bad publicity or maybe you are just a lover of the tesco bakery!!!!

mmmmmmmmm Steak pies and the cheese and onion bread come highly recommended and not just by myself!!!!!

Chitty
06-Jun-08, 11:51
Eh hello, I never downed their products and what difference does it make where I buy my bread you're obviously presuming I eat the stuff.

If it happened to me I most certainly would be asking for an explanation but like I posted earlier it was a friend. And if they don't need bad publicity they shouldn't treat people in such a degrading manner.

silverfox
06-Jun-08, 12:29
Well obviously it isn't bothering your friend enough to do anything about it, so why is it bothering you?
This is certainly something that is upsetting you a great deal more than your friend because you have posted this twice in different forums!

Tighsonas4
06-Jun-08, 12:54
just a quick question? is it possible for two users to be logged in with the same name
in the present users list theres two silver foxes. does this not cause confusion regards tony

silverfox
06-Jun-08, 12:56
No because i am the original silverfox and the other is silverfox 57

Chitty
06-Jun-08, 13:01
Silverfox, my friend doesn't own or have access to a computer. You must agree with people being treated in this manner - shame on you.

Oh and a big thankyou for keeping this post at the top of the forum.

dandod
06-Jun-08, 13:09
Rather than downing this bakery why not go in and ask for an explanation on this matter. The staff are all very polite and am sure they will give you an answer. No local business needs this bad publicity or maybe you are just a lover of the tesco bakery!!!!

mmmmmmmmm Steak pies and the cheese and onion bread come highly recommended and not just by myself!!!!!

seems to me you are too quick at jumping down peoples throats.a trait that will not serve you well on the org.i seem nothing in the posts that suggested any problems with the bakery itself.quite frankly if it had of been me it had happened to i would certainly let other people know about it aswell. that is no way to treat anyone.

brokencross
06-Jun-08, 13:10
just a quick question? is it possible for two users to be logged in with the same name
in the present users list theres two silver foxes. does this not cause confusion regards tony In the members list Silverfox does not even exist, Silverfox57 does...I am confused like yourself.

silverfox
06-Jun-08, 13:15
I do agree with you in the treatment of your friend but this issue cant be resolved on a forum and SHAME on you for trying to down reids bakery and its owners to the public. If you knew them this is totally out of character for the reid family. Hopefully this will keep it at the top for a while longer.

balto
06-Jun-08, 14:05
its a shame what happened to your friend chitty, but is having a go at the reids on a public forum the way to go, if i was your friend i would have phoned them back to ask why they had done this.

LMS
06-Jun-08, 14:41
Further to the Chitty v Silverfox debate, I quite agree with Chitty. They are not casting any aspersions on Reid's Bakery products or staff, they are merely stating that Reid's treated the job applicant in an appalling manner.

As for later comments regarding putting the subject on a public forum, well Reid's bakery should remember that it is 'the public' that buy their products and asking people to attend an interview and then asking them to return three hours later is atrocious. As for then phoning to state that the position was filled, well quite frankly the friend got a lucky escape.

scorrie
06-Jun-08, 14:42
In the members list Silverfox does not even exist, Silverfox57 does...I am confused like yourself.

I think that people have to post a certain number of times before they appear in the members list. Might be wrong but it seems that way.

Tighsonas4
06-Jun-08, 17:08
have no axe to grind in this. but on a quick run through the threads thought that silverfox 57 was cracking up. its the number of posts that took my eye [lol] [lol] tony

Tighsonas4
06-Jun-08, 17:13
with five posts your off to a flying start then [lol] best of luck tony

Chitty
06-Jun-08, 19:48
dandod, LMS Thanks guys for the replies you're obviously sensible folks who think this kind of treatment is unacceptable.

My friend actually carried on to the bakery after the phone call to be told there had been some kind of mix up - hardly an explanation.

You agree with me now silverfox, I knew you'd see sense eventually and no I don't feel at all shameful.

silverfox57
06-Jun-08, 19:53
from silverfox57 think there is a few foxes on here :lol:and are as clever as foxes:lol:

silverfox
07-Jun-08, 01:35
why say this now that your friend actually went to the shop after the phone call. no mention of this earlier