PDA

View Full Version : mistakes

cuddlepop
05-Jun-08, 17:24
Well I've been having a "manure" time of it of lately and I'm not really engaging brain when i write or read but this was unforgivable.:eek:

OH started a new job last month and the hours are horrible for the monetary worth so he is keen to get another.
Anyway he was offered an interview for a position in the Job Centre on the 3rd of June.This was to be stage 2 of the process.
He trusts me to inform him correctly so i duley told him it was for Wednesday of this week.We both went over the letter he recieved.
Tuesday night it dawned on me that it was the 3rd of the month.

Oh has been brilliant and says he's as much to blame as me but I'm usually the organiser.

Anyone keep me company with clangers like that.:(

George Brims
05-Jun-08, 19:36
I once applied for a job at a very nearby place to my existing job. I got a letter inviting me for an interview. I called up and told the girl in the personnel office that I was just calling to confirm that I would be attending the interview. I remember thinking it was a very crackly phone line. The day came and I turned up at the interview to find that she had noted down that I would *not* be coming. The interview panel had to rush their lunch and cut the other interviews short in order to fit me in at the end of the day, so I was eventually interviewed at 4pm, having turned up in good time for a 10am time slot. And I got the job!

cuddlepop
05-Jun-08, 19:53
I once applied for a job at a very nearby place to my existing job. I got a letter inviting me for an interview. I called up and told the girl in the personnel office that I was just calling to confirm that I would be attending the interview. I remember thinking it was a very crackly phone line. The day came and I turned up at the interview to find that she had noted down that I would *not* be coming. The interview panel had to rush their lunch and cut the other interviews short in order to fit me in at the end of the day, so I was eventually interviewed at 4pm, having turned up in good time for a 10am time slot. And I got the job!

it was meant to be.
I love a happy ending.:D