PDA

View Full Version : Terry Pratchett

the charlatans
05-Jun-08, 13:43
Going on from the suggested reading list thread for Padfoot somebody suggested Terry Pratchett who is one of my favourite authors but I hadn't read in a while I thought I would start a thread on his work.

We discussed him in the chat room the other night and I know there are quite a few Pratchett fans out there.

Who is your favourite Discworld character and why? And also, which character is best like you?

I think i'm most like Magrat the soppy witch but my fav characters are Sam Vines, Death, the Librarian and the Luggage.

JamesMcVean
06-Jun-08, 11:45
I have all TP's books in HB and collect them with a passion...it is such a pity that he is ill and with no cure in sight, then his book writing days are precious...

But I really liked Mort...death's apprentice...

Not sure if any of the characters are like me though lol

James

Tubthumper
06-Jun-08, 20:53
I am Sam Vimes!

STUDMUFFIN
06-Jun-08, 23:57
Got To Be Nanny Ogg, She And Her Cat Are So Funny

dellwak
08-Jun-08, 15:17
My favourite is definately Susan, DEATHS grandaughter.
I think I take after Mustrum Ridcully most.

Kenn
14-Jun-08, 21:58
The Luggage ! Although Esmeralda Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg come a close secondand The Feegles are great.
My favourite books are "Lords and Ladies," "Witches Abroad." "Sourcery,"" Wyrrd Sisters" and "Mort."
On that note I'm off to watch The Rimbow!

wifie
28-Aug-08, 15:05
Thanks to Lizz and Charl I am a convert having recently read the Wyrrd Sisters - loved it!

changilass
03-Oct-08, 10:10
Right now my favs would have to be the wee free men :lol:

Kenn
03-Oct-08, 10:32
"Crivens" changilass.......................

Melancholy Man
04-Oct-08, 18:42
Let me shamelessly plagiarize Pratchett by saying that the creation of Israel has upset some people in the way that pigeons would be upset by the sight of Admiral Nelson climbing off his plinth and going in search of a 12-bore shotgun.

Right now my favs would have to be the wee free men :lol:

Not to be confused with the Free Presbyterians, of course.

Kenn
04-Oct-08, 21:42
I'm sure he could make a story out of that! Have you not read "Good Omens?"