PDA

View Full Version : New Kitchen

SunnyChick
05-Jun-08, 11:12
Where is the best place to get your kitchen done?

I just wondered if anyone has had their kitchen done recently and if so....

Where did you go?
Was it good value for money?
Did they do a good job?

skinnydog
05-Jun-08, 11:22
Hi

I had a new kitchen installed last year by Ashley Ann, yes they did a an excellent job, I thought it was good value for money and I was very pleased. Their stuff is really good quality.

They were excellent with the designs as I didn't have a clue what I wanted and had lots of different suggestions for work tops, handles etc.

If I was doing it all again I would definitely use them.

Thumper
05-Jun-08, 13:19
I cant say where to go for a good job but I can advise you not to go near Magnet...I have one of their kitchens and its falling apart!Not good value for money at all x

BRIE
05-Jun-08, 13:24
ive had 2 kitchens fitted in the last 2 years, one for the house im in & one for the new build were about to move to, both are from Howdens & I would definately recommend them! there excellent quality & great value for money. They dont fit the kitchens but any good joiner will do it for £300-£800 depending on the size of your kitchen.

sms
05-Jun-08, 20:12
We got our kitchen from Howdens and we are delighted with it, they dont install it but we got a joiner to put it in, he was very reasonable and we are delighted with the layout and eveything.

sphinx
05-Jun-08, 21:30
get howdens in to do a drawing detail then get andrew bremner to fit it here is his number 0195560 6435 got him to do worktops for me made afirst class joiner .........................:lol:

loneranger
05-Jun-08, 21:33
i would ceartinaly say howdens. great service and value had 2 kitchens and got 3rd one ordered for new house.

dolly
06-Jun-08, 11:14
Shearer's in Wick do kitchens. Prices are very competitive, good quality units and they have joiners that fit as well. I'd say well worth a visit!!!

Margaret M.
06-Jun-08, 13:36
Shearers did one for me. I'm very pleased with what they did and they were easy to work with, it went smoothly start to finish. I have no idea how they compare price wise because I did not have time to shop around.

SunnyChick
06-Jun-08, 13:43
Thanks for replies folks.:Razz

I think I know where to start now. :cool:

chaz
07-Jun-08, 22:15
Ashley Ann did ours and its standing up to five kids two adults and two dogs wear and tear .They did an excellent job and it looks great.:)

highlander2222
08-Jun-08, 00:11
I cant say where to go for a good job but I can advise you not to go near Magnet...I have one of their kitchens and its falling apart!Not good value for money at all x

My Kitchen is now 17 years old still like new Make MAGNET

Torvaig
08-Jun-08, 00:40
I fancied a new kitchen too but because the one I have is perfectly good I am just painting the units instead! ;)

Buttercup
11-Jun-08, 01:19
Shearer's in Wick do kitchens. Prices are very competitive, good quality units and they have joiners that fit as well. I'd say well worth a visit!!!

Shearers did one for me. I'm very pleased with what they did and they were easy to work with, it went smoothly start to finish. I have no idea how they compare price wise because I did not have time to shop around.

Just a word of warning about Shearers.
When they did mine (they drew the plans) the fridge/freezer doors could only be opened a few inches! Resulting in it having to be moved to another area, the plumber having to come back to redo the pipework, extra cupboards required for the space designed for the fridge/freezer and me having to stump up the extra for their "designer's" mistake! [mad] Though I must say that the joiners did a great job and were very tidy.