PDA

View Full Version : Room Conversion Woe

brokencross
04-Jun-08, 20:58
Having been forced to watch all these property development programmes by my wife, I thought I would convert one of our rooms into a "home office". This has however led to a fall out with my wife who is not happy with my efforts and wants the room reinstated to the original state.

All I have done is put in some reference books, light reading material, pens, paper, a small DAB radio, and it is quite "cosy" quite regal in fact; in fact I do some of my best thinking in there.

It is no good though, my wife wants me to remove all my stuff from the 3' 6" X 5' 0" downstairs toilet. What am I going to read, how am I going to enjoy my contemplations, how am I going to solve all the worlds ills. Do she not realise many a man does his best work while sitting on the throne.

Oddquine
04-Jun-08, 21:15
Having been forced to watch all these property development programmes by my wife, I thought I would convert one of our rooms into a "home office". This has however led to a fall out with my wife who is not happy with my efforts and wants the room reinstated to the original state.

All I have done is put in some reference books, light reading material, pens, paper, a small DAB radio, and it is quite "cosy" quite regal in fact; in fact I do some of my best thinking in there.

It is no good though, my wife wants me to remove all my stuff from the 3' 6" X 5' 0" downstairs toilet. What am I going to read, how am I going to enjoy my contemplations, how am I going to solve all the worlds ills. Do she not realise many a man does his best work while sitting on the throne.

Can't see the problem, myself.........unless it is the only toilet.

I've often wished for a second place to which I could direct my son ,and his son, with their propensity for spending hours reading in there.

I'm inclined to read in the bath...........but it seems to be a male thing to read on the toilet.............for weeks it seems if you are waiting cross-legged to get in!

Maybe a good dose of laxative would limit their visits to reasonable proportions..........given I don't have the second toilet option!

poppett
04-Jun-08, 22:06
Suggest you build a wee shed. My OH has one, fully lined and with heat and light installed. Have threatened him with tea making facilities as he keeps phoning my mobile to request tea/coffee as required!

Torvaig
04-Jun-08, 22:57
Have you not got a laptop? [lol]

Whitewater
04-Jun-08, 23:23
AhhHa poppett, he certainly has the right idea. I have thought of that myself, but my complete wardrope would probably follow after me, and I certainly would never manage to get Mrs Whitewater to bring me out tea or coffee.

bobandag16
05-Jun-08, 10:13
AhhHa poppett, he certainly has the right idea. I have thought of that myself, but my complete wardrope would probably follow after me, and I certainly would never manage to get Mrs Whitewater to bring me out tea or coffee.
poppett has him where she can find him my play pen is awalk in cloak room with the door removed . beads up instead . shelves .desk. power point clock radio.;)