PDA

View Full Version : River path closure AGAIN!

the_count
04-Jun-08, 19:55
Noticed today that the river pathway (Summerfields side) past the footbridge is due to be closed (AGAIN) after it has just been reopened. It would be nice to get a chance to enjoy the flora and fauna for the summer without the council closing down a public amenity all summer so they can make it usable for wheelchairs etc. Yes by all means do the work .... BUT TRY DOING IT IN THE WINTER when the path is not used so often. The way the council is closing public amenities such as Newton Hill there are going to be no public amenities left to use for the summer. Comments and boxtop strops much appreciated lol :lol:

dirdyweeker
04-Jun-08, 22:43
is it the Wick River walk? At Somerfield side? I thought perhaps the 'new' walk past the quoting shed to the Iron Brig might be closed and could it be due to strimming or general upkeep?? Just a thought, perhaps if the weather stays nice tomorrow I will go investigate.

theone
04-Jun-08, 23:52
Sainsburys?????

We wish.................................

the_count
05-Jun-08, 00:47
sumerfields even lol i never could keep up with the name changes
:lol:

fender
09-Jun-08, 17:49
The Count please make sure you have the facts before you start to bad mouth!!!!!

Bill Fernie
09-Jun-08, 18:02
Councillors were told today that this notice apparently relates to the last closure of the path. The notice had not been taken down. Hopefully it will be taken down now.