PDA

View Full Version : Idea For Big Gig Arrangements

zebedy
04-Jun-08, 15:26
Why not arrange a date and time.

And have an offical metting in the FLASH CHAT?

For anyone who doesnt know where to find that? Check your banner at the top of the page beside USER CP where you all edit your avaters and such ?

K dragon
04-Jun-08, 16:01
bands were already offered an official meeting by TTIA a few months ago and ONE memeber representing their band turned up.

too late for meetings.

moncur
04-Jun-08, 17:17
bands were already offered an official meeting by TTIA a few months ago and ONE memeber representing their band turned up.

too late for meetings.

I dont recall being invited?

Mystical Potato Head
04-Jun-08, 17:31
I dont recall being invited?

Me neither

K dragon
04-Jun-08, 19:15
take a look through the original big gig thread and read posts left by TTIA and you will read that they offered for people to come and express views and ideas etc etc.

Jeid
04-Jun-08, 19:52
Too late for a meeting? Away min... you're talking crazy K Dragon.

The bands still need to organise backline. Going by the ten minutes you've given the bands to changeover, and every musician knows that's a joke, there going to need to be at least a drum kit on the stage. (Edit: 15mins now... still, it's gonna be tight unless the bands can organise a drum kit at the very least)

K dragon
04-Jun-08, 20:10
ah.....

not that crazy jeid.

backline is organised, and pretty much everything bar a certain nemesis is finalized.

K dragon
04-Jun-08, 21:30
i totally agree with you deemac, and thats some top notch organisational skills,

but.....

TTIA does all the numerous and MANY gala events.

its a small group of people that constantly changes because its a volunteer group,

so for a small amount of people we just cant manage those meetings.

through most of the year a maximum of THREE people have organised this event.

also there were no grants or funding this year.

so as far as the whole things goes i believe i can pat myself and the TTIAS back.

K dragon
04-Jun-08, 21:31
oh and deemac i seen the vids on youtube and i believe i attended one or two of your events as a nipper and i enjoyed them very much.

Jeid
05-Jun-08, 00:37
(and the manner of infighting and childish, tit-for-tat negativity amongst the local musical community is truly pathetic).:confused

You say that as if you're excluded from such antics[lol]

Chobbersjnr
05-Jun-08, 01:04
so backline. what is there in line?? & lighting has Darren Sutherland been approached?? IMO is the only person capable of doing the job also lights are only needed for the last part of the gig when it gets really dark. Obviously the lights would be in place all day

but backline & I would imagine only a few bands would actually need to use the backline provided. I know Megawatt will be using their own backline & I'm sure there are others that will be using their own amps so the drums is the biggest part of it.