PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Throwing .. Would you have a go?

Lord Flasheart
04-Jun-08, 08:46
The subject was raised by me in another thread and I just wondered if any of you would have a go if you were able ??, now I am expecting some moral outrage on this one but I figured I would ask. The Bar Sport was popular in Europe some years ago until it was banned for being an "affront to human dignity" by the EU, the dwarves were willing participants in being stuffed into a padded suit with handles on the back and lobbed towards a velcro surface. In fact when it was banned one dwarf took legal action as he had lost his means of making a living .. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2285348.stm .. seems crazy to ban something when the participants WANT to do it.

I have seen it, partaken in it in Germany many moons ago and it was an amusing experience to put it lightly. The dwarves that took part did this for a living and a good time was had by all. Personally I find the Zoo a lot more offensive as none of the animals were ever asked if they wanted to go there.

So .. Dwarf Throwing .. up for it ?? .. (if you could)

Kenn
04-Jun-08, 10:13
What a crazy idea definitely would not participate.

Now, if it was garden gnome throwing I would gladly hurl a few against a wall but no doubt I will be villified for making such a statement but as the garden variety are inanimate I don't see a problem with it!

Phoenix200416
04-Jun-08, 10:18
Sounds great fun! I wouldn't mind being the one being thrown either sounds like good fun either way around! :D

Lord Flasheart
04-Jun-08, 11:18
Sounds great fun! I wouldn't mind being the one being thrown either sounds like good fun either way around! :D

It really is !!

The event I went ended up with the throwee's hurtling the thrower's down a bar that was drenched in beer towards fellow throwee's who promised to catch us .. lying bunch of gits. I ended up bouncing off a table and onto the floor losing a tooth in the process.

Great Days where PC didnt exsist. Personally I think we should try to get it entered as an Olympic event, we might have a chance of winning something then.

Solus
04-Jun-08, 11:23
ah good old fashioned bar games !! :lol:

Bar acrobatics was fun, if you could find a bar with high enough ceiling,

As for chucking little chaps airborne, if they are happy then pass one over i want to see how far they go, and do they go wheeeeeeeee when you throw them ?

scorrie
04-Jun-08, 12:46
I think dwarf tossing is for tossers ;)

Lord Flasheart
04-Jun-08, 13:11
I think dwarf tossing is for tossers ;)

Its Dwarf Throwing as tossing the dwarf consists of putting him in a bowl and smotheirng him in dressing, messy but not half as much fun as launching him skyward.

And I will count you in then .. ;)

Solus, the ones we threw did shout out but they tended to shout in German, if memory serves me there was a mass launch which sounded like the Luftwaffe screaming skyward. I emailed a mate who was there that night and he tells of a lad who threw the guy onto a trampoline and got two for one. The best throw of the night for me though was a dwarf who had been on Jaegermeister all night and regurgitated in mid-air .. :eek:

I was reminded though that the most enthusiastic throwers were the women funnily enough.

Solus
04-Jun-08, 14:06
wrap them in velcro and set up a target, woohoo new idea for the gala ?

Mind you, i think that was a crazy a few years ago was it not :roll:

Rie
04-Jun-08, 15:17
Im all for it !! At 5ft would i class as a dwarf???? i wanna go!

Lord Flasheart
04-Jun-08, 16:17
Im all for it !! At 5ft would i class as a dwarf???? i wanna go!

Are you male or female ??

If your female that rules you out as Im pretty sure the rules are for blokes only. Plus I think at 5ft you are too tall. Still if your REALLY adamant that you want to be thrown around in a padded suit toward a velcro wall I would gladly oblige.

Ive had an idea though for dwarf darts involving a dartboard with holes cut in it for the "dart" dwarves to pass through, all I need are a 30ft dartboard (with holes cut in it), some dwarves and a really big cannon.

Im going to call it .. "See the dwarf fly like a dart guy"

Metalattakk
04-Jun-08, 16:28
Ive had an idea though for dwarf darts involving a dartboard with holes cut in it for the "dart" dwarves to pass through, all I need are a 30ft dartboard (with holes cut in it), some dwarves and a really big cannon.

Im going to call it .. "See the dwarf fly like a dart guy"

Dwarf Rugby:

Two teams line up against each other, obviously on a soft cushioned playing surface, playing rugby with the dwarf as the ball...? Hang on, the conversions and drop-kicks would be a problem. :(

Dwarf Netball it'll have to be, then!

spiggie
04-Jun-08, 16:42
Are they actually doing it because the enjoy doing it? or because they have no other ways and means of making a few bob!?
Like that of the 'circus freaks' in this day and age people still pay to see!

Lord Flasheart
04-Jun-08, 17:58
Are they actually doing it because the enjoy doing it? or because they have no other ways and means of making a few bob!?
Like that of the 'circus freaks' in this day and age people still pay to see!

Well its banned now but the lot that I remember had their own "company" and were great crack, I dont remember getting any impressions that they were forced into it. I e-mailed a mate who said that the dwarves were their own bosses and made a decent living. Lots of them were hacked off when it was banned by the EU, job gone basically. I wouldnt have gone up against them as there is nothing worse than a small man made angry.

A mate is scanning some photos of the night and is going to e mail them to me, apparently they all got on our backs at one point and we had to head towards each other on hands and knees while they tried to knock each other off with pool cues in a kind of jousting tournament. I just remember them being sound guys with no self pity and they really were a riot.

Can I suggest ..

Dwarf Conkers .. two cranes and a lot of padding for the participants.

Dwarf Penalties .. just needs a really big net, a padded up dwarf and an adjustable trebuchet.

Dwarf Ice Hockey .. Oversized goals, big padded hockey sticks and a dwarf dressed in a black padded suit (aka the puck)

Sorry .. I know Im going to Hell but at least it will be warm and lots of people I know will be there .. :evil

joxville
04-Jun-08, 18:05
Originally posted by me on another thread.

A brilliant idea,one of my colleague's is a dwarf. I don't think he'll be up for it so I'll need to sneak up behind him in the canteen and launch my attack.:grin:

Carried out a recce today and pleased to report that Operation Oompah Loompah was successful.:D

PS Anyone know how to unblock loos?

scorrie
04-Jun-08, 21:55
And I will count you in then

No thanks, I'll leave it to the true tossers ;)

Lord Flasheart
05-Jun-08, 07:21
No thanks, I'll leave it to the true tossers ;)

*sigh* its Dwarf THROWING .. what is this obsession you have with tossing ??

Inquiring minds want to know .. ;)

Joxville .. sound tactics mate. The angel on the shoulder is telling me you should remove him immediately .. hang on a minute .. *whispers* .. but the Devil says to stick a bit of wood up his bum and hey presto .. a new bog brush.

I would go with the Angel on this one.

floyed
05-Jun-08, 08:19
I would play it only if the Dwarfs wanted to do it tho, and like someone else said i wouldn't mind being thrown either, could be fun :lol:

scorrie
05-Jun-08, 16:43
*sigh* its Dwarf THROWING .. what is this obsession you have with tossing ??

Inquiring minds want to know .. ;)

Joxville .. sound tactics mate. The angel on the shoulder is telling me you should remove him immediately .. hang on a minute .. *whispers* .. but the Devil says to stick a bit of wood up his bum and hey presto .. a new bog brush.

I would go with the Angel on this one.

I think you will find it is normally called Dwarf TOSSING and is sometimes called Dwarf Throwing. I certainly first came across the "sport" as Dwarf Tossing and most times I have heard it referred to, it has been under the same title.

See here for clarification:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_tossing

Lord Flasheart
06-Jun-08, 11:12
I think you will find it is normally called Dwarf TOSSING and is sometimes called Dwarf Throwing. I certainly first came across the "sport" as Dwarf Tossing and most times I have heard it referred to, it has been under the same title.

See here for clarification:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_tossing

Gee thanks.

Its Dwarf Throwing for two reasons ..

1. I started the thread.
2. Please refer to reason 1.

scorrie
06-Jun-08, 14:35
Gee thanks.

Its Dwarf Throwing for two reasons ..

1. I started the thread.
2. Please refer to reason 1.

It's getting a bit sad when we start playing "Simon Says"

My terminology was correct. Close the thread if that bothers you so much.

Lord Flasheart
06-Jun-08, 16:11
It's getting a bit sad when we start playing "Simon Says"

My terminology was correct. Close the thread if that bothers you so much.

Oh you know what you can be right if you want. All you have done on the thread is nitpick that its Dwarf Tossing instead of Dwarf Throwing.

There does that feel better ??, are we happy now ?? You can get a good nights sleep now knowing that you used the might of Wikipedia to show me whats what and corrected an internet wrong. What is really sad mate is when someone starts a thread on a humourous subject and an individual pops up nitpicking.

Really what does it matter ??, I wont lock the thread but its in its death throes now .. go on have another look on Wiki (which is never wrong is it ??) and finish it off.

I would start here .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedantic

scorrie
06-Jun-08, 17:00
Oh you know what you can be right if you want. All you have done on the thread is nitpick that its Dwarf Tossing instead of Dwarf Throwing.

There does that feel better ??, are we happy now ?? You can get a good nights sleep now knowing that you used the might of Wikipedia to show me whats what and corrected an internet wrong. What is really sad mate is when someone starts a thread on a humourous subject and an individual pops up nitpicking.

Really what does it matter ??, I wont lock the thread but its in its death throes now .. go on have another look on Wiki (which is never wrong is it ??) and finish it off.

I would start here .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedantic

I made my opinion clear, Dwarf Tossing is for Tossers. That was said in a humorous vein but it pretty much covers my feelings on the activity. YOU were the one who nit-picked away time and again about ME having the wrong terminology. You shouldn't start something off and then blame someone else for being the picky one.

This is my last post on this thread. I leave you to have the final word, after all, it's your thread and you are making the rules up.

Lord Flasheart
06-Jun-08, 20:02
I made my opinion clear, Dwarf Tossing is for Tossers. That was said in a humorous vein but it pretty much covers my feelings on the activity. YOU were the one who nit-picked away time and again about ME having the wrong terminology. You shouldn't start something off and then blame someone else for being the picky one.

This is my last post on this thread. I leave you to have the final word, after all, it's your thread and you are making the rules up.

You off then ?? .. bye.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
06-Jun-08, 20:07
Went to a dwarf tossing event in Inverness.Doc Halliday says to me,"Yo,Dopey ye want a hot dog?".
"Aye no problem",me says.So off he goes.
A guy comes up to me,"Are you dopey?",he flung me aboot 20 metres.Ma piles hivnae been the same since.Know what the worst thing was,I'm 6ft 3.

Phoenix200416
06-Jun-08, 20:15
Went to a dwarf tossing event in Inverness.Doc Halliday says to me,"Yo,Dopey ye want a hot dog?".
"Aye no problem",me says.So off he goes.
A guy comes up to me,"Are you dopey?",he flung me aboot 20 metres.Ma piles hivnae been the same since.Know what the worst thing was,I'm 6ft 3.
:lol: [lol].......................