PDA

View Full Version : electricity

Dman
03-Jun-08, 19:13
Does anybody have any advice on which energy supplier to go for.
With the huge price rises on the way I thought I would have a look at some other suppliers for my electricity, I'm presently with the Hydro, they've already uped our price by 15%.
When you look on the price comparison sites and look on the reviews there seems to be nothing but terrible comments about the lot of them so it's left me wondering who to go for or maybe just to stay where I am and endure the price rises.

alistair harper
03-Jun-08, 21:40
try giving caithness energy advice a call on 896524 they might be able to help

EDDIE
03-Jun-08, 22:53
Does anybody have any advice on which energy supplier to go for.
With the huge price rises on the way I thought I would have a look at some other suppliers for my electricity, I'm presently with the Hydro, they've already uped our price by 15%.
When you look on the price comparison sites and look on the reviews there seems to be nothing but terrible comments about the lot of them so it's left me wondering who to go for or maybe just to stay where I am and endure the price rises.

Im with the scottish hydro i think at present it doesnt really matter were u switch to they have all up there price i think were all going to have to endure the prices.
i dont no how u pay ure bills but i pay mines with monthly debits find it a lot easier to deal with and tend to pay a we bit more than i need to to in monthly payments so when the winter comes and the heating is on all the time the bill isnt to painfull

theone
03-Jun-08, 23:04
I keep all my old bills to check how much I use and recently typed the figures into u-switch.

Result is I've changed from the Hydro to Scottish Gas for electricity and gas, by their reckoning I'll save £200, about 15%-20%.

I'll be honest, I never read too much into the complaints and customer satisfaction comments on the website. I've never once had the need to contact my energy suppliers. They send the bills, I pay them. What matters to me is price, and a £200 saving is good for me.