PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer for Tiggy

Liz
01-Jun-08, 21:03
We had to take our cat Tiggy to the Vet his morning as he is really unwell.

The Vet thought it might be a tummy upset so gave him a couple of injections but said that if he isn't better in a couple of days we had to take him back for blood tests.

He perked up when he came home but since early evening has gone downhill again and I am very worried.

So please say a wee prayer for Tiggy. I can't bear to lose him.:~(

carasmam
01-Jun-08, 21:40
Aah Liz, I'll send one up for Tiggy and you. Hope he perks up soon xxx

Liz
01-Jun-08, 21:43
Thanks ever so much. I knew I could count on you. xxx

neepnipper
01-Jun-08, 21:52
Sending good thoughts to you and Tiggy. xxxx

cuddlepop
01-Jun-08, 22:03
Liz,thoughts are with you and tiggy.
sending loads of healing light from Skye.

sweep
01-Jun-08, 22:04
all best wishes for a good recovery.xx

Liz
01-Jun-08, 22:11
Thanks ever so much everyone. Means a lot to me.xxx

He just had something to drink and brought it all back up again.:~(

I am really hoping it is 'only' a tummy bug.

The Vet did mention kidney disease but this usually means increased thirst and Tiggy hasn't had this.

carasmam
01-Jun-08, 23:05
When Cara had a tummy bug the vet told us to take all food and water away for a few hours to give her stomach a rest. Maybe cats are different though ??

Liz
02-Jun-08, 07:58
He hasn't had anything to eat for over a day now Carasmam.

I did give him a wee bit of chicken yesterday but this morning he isn't interested at all and just drank.

He looks so miserable my heart is breaking and I am so scared I am going to lose my darling boy.:~(

carasmam
02-Jun-08, 08:55
I logged on hoping for better news this morning :( Have you to go back to the vet today?
Still sending healing light x

Liz
02-Jun-08, 09:14
I know I was also really hoping that he would have improved. Thankfully, he has stopped being sick(well it was actually bile he was bringing up) but he is so miserable looking and lifeless. I will phone the Vets in a wee while as I fear he will need blood tests and an X-Ray but I hate putting him through this. Afraid I can't stop crying!

cuddlepop
02-Jun-08, 09:40
I know I was also really hoping that he would have improved. Thankfully, he has stopped being sick(well it was actually bile he was bringing up) but he is so miserable looking and lifeless. I will phone the Vets in a wee while as I fear he will need blood tests and an X-Ray but I hate putting him through this. Afraid I can't stop crying!

i'll keep you company.:~(

So sorry to here Tiggy's no better,here's hoping the vet can get to the bottom of this.

KCI
02-Jun-08, 09:49
So sorry to hear about Tiggy, Liz.

Hope things go OK with the vet, and that it's something they can treat.
Try to stay positive, and let us know how things are going.
I'll be thinking of you all. :(

Liz
02-Jun-08, 10:19
Thanks both. I am waiting for the Vet to call me back but think he will need to go for tests. Will keep you updated.

neepnipper
02-Jun-08, 10:29
Is it possible he could've eaten something that's blocking him, it's just that the symptons sound the same as when my dog ate a stone and had to get it removed, he wouldn't take food or water and kept being sick and was really listless, the vet said it was a tummy bug but a week later he couldn't stand up he was so weak, we asked for an x-ray to be done and they found the stone lodged behind his rib cage so they couldn't feel it when they were feeling his tummy by hand, within hours of the op he was eating (liquidised stuff) and back on his feet.

Liz
02-Jun-08, 10:37
No he hasn't eaten anything (he's a house cat)but I did wonder whether it was possible that a big furball or something was blocking his tum? Tiggy is drinking though and hasn't been sick since yesterday.
His tummy must be sore though as I tried to massage it and he cried.
Just wish I knew what it was!

Liz
02-Jun-08, 11:59
Well that's my darling boy at the Vets now for blood tests and X-ray.
Have to phone back at 2.30pm and have to say I am dreading it!
I was able to put him in the cat carrier no problem so it shows how poorly he is as he would normally do the wall of death if I tried to catch him when he was well.
Whatever happens I just don't want my boy to suffer.
It has just been so hard with Rusty being ill for so long and then losing him and not long after that Charly being diagnosed with the heart murmur.
Will keep you updated and thanks again for caring. It is so nice that I can 'chat' with people I know understand.

evelyn
02-Jun-08, 12:29
Hi Liz
Thinking of you and Tiggy.
evelyn

Liz
02-Jun-08, 12:30
Thanks Evelyn.x Oh boy time is dragging today!

KCI
02-Jun-08, 13:03
Waiting to find out is always the worst.
Will be checking for updates later - hope it all turns out OK.

teenybash
02-Jun-08, 15:21
Lit a candle for your Tiggy........................hope all is well.

Bright Blessings to you both

Liz
02-Jun-08, 16:32
Waiting to find out is always the worst.
Will be checking for updates later - hope it all turns out OK.

Thanks again!

Lit a candle for your Tiggy........................hope all is well.

Bright Blessings to you both

Awww bless you. That is really kind of you.

Well the X-Rays haven't shown anything nasty so we now have the agonising wait for the results of the blood tests.

My sister is collecting him after her work so he will be home in a wee while. Just hope he is okay.

Tiggy has a blether with me every day and I really miss that!:~(

I am really hoping that he 'just' has a nasty tummy bug and the reason he is so miserable is because his bowg is sore.
I tried to massage his belly today and he cried so it must be sore.
Poor wee soul.

I will let you know how things go and many, many thanks for your love and support.
This is the org at it's best!!!

xxxx

KCI
02-Jun-08, 17:05
Well, at least the x-ray didn't show up anything really bad, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Tiggy had probably enjoyed the opportunity to have some proper 'adult' conversation!! :eek:

When Freddie had to go to the vet and stay for a few hours, he couldn't get enough of all the attention! He was the main attraction - I was sitting at home worried sick about him, and he was cuddling all the staff!

Hope Tiggy feels better soon.

Liz
02-Jun-08, 17:07
Well that's my boy home staggering like he's drunk! Just have to wait for the blood test results now which we should hopefully have by 4pm tomorrow afternoon. If not it won't be until Wednesday.
I am so hoping that they are all clear and he will make a full recovery. It will be interesting to see how he is once his sedative wears off as he was given a painkilling injection which I have read on the net, is good for colic.
I forgot to say that he has taken to going into the bathroom and going into the bath and then he has been lying on the bathmat! I did hear him chattering once and wondered whether he had seen my late cat Rusty as he used to go into the bath!!!
Well now £100 poorer after paying the Vet bill!!!! Have to say though we get a great and caring service from our local Vets and their staff for which I am truly grateful. It was more expensive as we had an emergency appointment yesterday.
Still it will be worth it if he recovers!!!

Liz
02-Jun-08, 17:28
[quote=KCI;391014] Tiggy had probably enjoyed the opportunity to have some proper 'adult' conversation!! :eek:

Ooh you are so bad to me in my fragile state. Had to laugh though even if isn't very funny!!!
Someone said to me it could be his liver but have looked this up on t'internet and he doesn't really have the symptoms. His eyes are white and they would probably be yellow if he had liver problems. Also, I would imagine if his liver was swollen this would show up on the X-Ray.

carasmam
02-Jun-08, 19:42
Tiggy had probably enjoyed the opportunity to have some proper 'adult' conversation!! :eek:

Hope Tiggy feels better soon.

You are a cheeky moo :Razz Just as well Liz knows what your like !!!

Good that the x-ray was clear. Fingers and paws crossed it is a bug and will pass soon xxx

cuddlepop
02-Jun-08, 19:42
try to stop worrying,he's in the best,most loving hands he could wish for...
his very own liz.:D

Ps .bought Connies cream for the vet and that set me back £18 and what did she do?
Yes licked it off.:roll:

Pets,there worse that wanes.

Liz
02-Jun-08, 19:53
You are a cheeky moo :Razz Just as well Liz knows what your like !!!

Good that the x-ray was clear. Fingers and paws crossed it is a bug and will pass soon xxx

I know she is soooooooooo cruel to me!

try to stop worrying,he's in the best,most loving hands he could wish for...
his very own liz.

Ps .bought Connies cream for the vet and that set me back £18 and what did she do?
Yes licked it off.:roll:

Pets,there worse that wanes.

I know I wish I wasn't such a worrier but am afraid I'm a bit of a pessimist. Life made me that way!:(

Tiggy is really zonked out although not really relaxed. Didn't think sedation would be as bad as this?

It's going to be another long day tomorrow waiting for the results.

Sorry but had to laugh (much needed!)at the thought of Connie licking off her expensive cream!
I can't remember whether you got Colloidal Silver as this would probably help and do her good if she licked it!

Oh God gie us strength!!!!

cuddlepop
02-Jun-08, 20:00
I know she is soooooooooo cruel to me!

I know I wish I wasn't such a worrier but am afraid I'm a bit of a pessimist. Life made me that way!:(

Tiggy is really zonked out although not really relaxed. Didn't think sedation would be as bad as this?

It's going to be another long day tomorrow waiting for the results.

Sorry but had to laugh (much needed!)at the thought of Connie licking off her expensive cream!
I can't remember whether you got Colloidal Silver as this would probably help and do her good if she licked it!

Oh God gie us strength!!!!

The vet has given her Fuciderm gel.She's had it before for some skin complaint.
Decided to take her down for a dip in the river again tonight and she was in her element.Tide was well in and had made the river water lovely and warm.
Maybe it might have the same effect as Lourdes.:D

carasmam
02-Jun-08, 21:21
Tide was well in and had made the river water lovely and warm.
Maybe it might have the same effect as Lourdes.:D

We will all be over with our four legged wanes to paddle in your river if it has, or maybe you could bottle some and send it to Caithness :)

Ash
02-Jun-08, 22:47
i hope all goes well with the blood results
thinking of you xx

Liz
02-Jun-08, 22:50
I'm off to get my cossie and me and Tiggy are coming for a dip!:lol:

He still hasn't surfaced (lying under the bed) and am a bit worried as thought the sedative would have worn off by now?
Really hope tomorrow will be a better day.:confused

Liz
02-Jun-08, 23:24
i hope all goes well with the blood results
thinking of you xx

Oh I hope so Ash. Many thanks! xx

evelyn
02-Jun-08, 23:37
Thinkin of ye both, Liz....watching over Tiggy and waiting for the results will make it a long night. Hope you manage to get a little sleep.
evelyn

Liz
03-Jun-08, 05:25
Well it's 5.30am and am afraid Tiggy is no better. In fact, if anything he is a bit worse.:~( He's not even drinking now.

I really fear I am going to lose my darling boy and am just sick with worry.

I can't go back to sleep and don't know what to do.

Will call the Vets at 9am and see what they say.

Blondie
03-Jun-08, 06:18
I really feel for you Liz. Lets hope its just that the sedative has knocked him for six.

Liz
03-Jun-08, 06:23
Thanks Blondie.

I really don't know what to do! Do I wait and see if he makes a recovery from the sedation or put him out his misery.

I so hoped I would get up this morning to see that he had improved and was gutted to find him looking so miserable.

I wish I could stop crying!

Blondie
03-Jun-08, 07:48
I think I'd wait a little while longer. Maybe see what the vet says at 9. Lets hope you get the blood results back today. Maybe things will be a little clearer then.

Liz
03-Jun-08, 08:23
Well I called the Vet at 6.30am as couldn't wait any longer and he was out at a calving.

He called me back and I said I thought it might be kinder to let Tiggy go as he was so ill.
We took him in (well my sister did whilst I sat in the car park as couldn't stop crying)and the Vet gave him a good examination and said he was anaemic(not sure why) and dehydrated and wasn't recovering from the sedation so he thought we should give him a chance and is giving him an antidote for the sedative;something for the anaemia and putting him on a drip.
Really hoping the blood results come back today.

I am trying not to get my hopes up but so hoping that Tiggy will make a recovery. He is 11years old but this is not old by todays standards and has been in perfect health (never been to Vets apart from getting nearly all his teeth out!)

Sorry if I am rambling but have hardly had any sleep. Am going back to bed now to see whether I can get some z's.

I truly appreciate all your love, prayers and concern. xxx

Will keep you updated.

TTFN xxx

Ash
03-Jun-08, 08:28
I am still thinking about you
try and get some rest as you will make yourself ill aswell ( i know its easier said than done) we are all here for you on the org :D chin up ....... you never know the outcome may be good

fingers crossed xxxx

Liz
03-Jun-08, 08:35
Cheers Ash.

Of course I am now worrying as to why he is anaemic and made the mistake of checking this out on t'internet and am even more worried now!

Still maybe all your prayers will be answered and he will be back with me having a blether.

Off to bed now so night night xxx

cuddlepop
03-Jun-08, 09:15
What a horrible time your having of it Liz.
Too make a decision to say goodbye to our pets are so difficult and for you to have done it and then got a reprieve must have knocked you for six.

I'm so glad you've got such a caring understanding vet.Hopefully tiggy will be on the turn for the better now and you've got some sleep.

The river was beautiful last night and was even enticing me in for a dip.

Thoughts and healing light,flying over the seas to you.:)

KCI
03-Jun-08, 09:43
Oh Liz!
I checked your post this morning, thinking Tiggy would be better. I'm so sorry he's not.
Will be thinking of you all today. I know how hard it is. Maybe Tiggy just needs a bit more time to recover, and with any luck, the blood tests might show up something that can be treated.
Stop doing all your research on the net, and in the books - that's what I do as well, and you just find all the worst case scenario's in there, and end up convincing yourself that is what they must have.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

evelyn
03-Jun-08, 10:57
Oh Liz, my heart goes out to you. I'm hoping its a good sign that the vets decided to give Tiggy the antidote and the fluids. It shows that they haven't given up hope.
Try to keep positive.....when cats are ill they really lie down to it.
evelyn

floyed
03-Jun-08, 11:50
I hope that Tiggy is better soon, i have been checking the thread to see how he is doing. I have my fingers crossed.

Its nice to see all the support on here for Tiggy and youx

Blondie
03-Jun-08, 12:25
Liz, my cat was really ill once with an mystery illness. He couldn't stop vomiting and was literally on his deathbed according to the vets. He made a miracle recovery much to the amazement of the vet. He lived for quite a few years after that.
Dont give up hope.

Thinking of you x

crashbandicoot1979
03-Jun-08, 13:03
Liz I am so sorry to hear about Tiggy. Fingers crossed for him, I'm thinking of you both.

Liz
03-Jun-08, 13:08
I managed to get a couple of hours sleep but feel even worse now!:roll:

So it really gave me a boost to see your lovely messages. You are such lovely people and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support.

Blondie I hope I get my miracle too!

Will keep you updated.

teenybash
03-Jun-08, 13:25
Trust that the hopes, prayers and healing thoughts for Tiggy wrap around him and bring him back safe and sound.......He sounds as if he is hanging in there......................Keep going Tiggy !!!!!:o

Margaret M.
03-Jun-08, 14:06
Liz, as you know, I am sending positive thoughts for Tiggy to come out of this fine . It is very difficult not knowing what the cause may be. Let's hope the drip works magic. xx

Liz
03-Jun-08, 14:24
Thanks both!

If love is enough then Tiggy will be fine!!!!

binbob
03-Jun-08, 14:41
just to add my best wishes and thoughts for u both.
i will keep checking for any news.
a prayer to st. francis of assisi is on its way for tiggy.
bobbi and the beasties.xxx

Liz
03-Jun-08, 14:44
Bless you Bobbi.

I know you've had more than your own fair share of heartbreak so means a lot to me. xxx

carasmam
03-Jun-08, 14:52
Dont go looking on the internet, it's always worse as KCI says. The vets know what they are doing and he is in great hands. We are all thinking of you and Tiggy. Pets corner is the place to be for support and healing thoughts !! As someone said - keep your chin up, you'll get your miracle :)

kriklah
03-Jun-08, 15:36
just want to add my support and best wishes for Tiggy, hope he makes a full recovery.

Sam

Liz
03-Jun-08, 16:18
Afraid I never got my miracle.

The Vet called to say that the blood results showed very bad kidney failure.
Could have treated him but the prognosis isn't good so decided it wasn't fair to put him through all that and best to let him slip away when he is so weak.

I can hardly see to type this for tears as I am absolutely devastated.
He wasn't a cuddly cat but was very affectionate in his own way and a sweet wee soul who I wish I could have loved for longer, though will always love him.
The house will be so quiet without his chattering and I will so miss our blethers.
It will hard to get out of the habit of popping my head round the door and saying 'Tiggy teet'! to which he always replied.

I know you can never truly be prepared for the death of a much loved pet but this just came out of the blue and has knocked me for six. It has been a roller coaster of emotions from hope to despair.

I am lucky to have two other wonderful cats in Charly and Suzy and my lovely dog Benjy but there is a Tiggy shaped hole in my heart which will take a long while to heal.

Thanks ever so much to all of you for your love, prayers and support. I truly appreciate that and no doubt will need your help to get through this.

I know I will see him again but will just miss him so much.

Of course this has made me paranoid about Charly. Couldn't bear to lose another pet.

Anyway I am so sorry it wasn't the good news we all hoped and prayed for.

Thanks again.

Rest in peace my darling boy. I love you so much. xxxx

cuddlepop
03-Jun-08, 16:27
:~(:~(........sending our love and hugs.

Liz
03-Jun-08, 16:30
Thanks ever so much Cuddlepop. Could do with a hug right now.

Big Jean
03-Jun-08, 16:35
I am so sorry to hear about Tiggy . I kept looking in, checking on his condition with fingers crossed, hoping for some good news .
My heart goes out to you, and as difficult as it must have been to make this decision, you have done what was the best for Tiggy.
Take care.

teenybash
03-Jun-08, 16:40
Sweet Tiggy your journey is over............Take heart that his new life in the World of Spirit has just begun and though you will gieve till you feel exhausted, he will always be around you and when you think you hear him or see him out of the corner of you eye......and you think it's your imagination...............it won't be. And when another ball of fur needs a home and you find yourself saying 'Yes' Tiggy will be purring with joy....his gift to you................

Bright Blessings

Margaret M.
03-Jun-08, 16:41
Heartbreaking news, Liz. You can still have your wee blethers with, Tiggy, he'll be listening. Big hugs to you. xxoooxx

NLP
03-Jun-08, 16:54
So sorry about Tiggy Liz, my heart goes out to you, I'm sure you will get some comfort from the other cats.

KCI
03-Jun-08, 17:16
Oh Liz, I'm so sorry.
I came on here as soon as I finished work, hoping it would be good news.
At least Tiggy won't be suffering any more, and he was lucky to have you. He couldn't have been more loved.
So sorry. :~(

floyed
03-Jun-08, 17:31
I am so sorry to hear he is gone:(

unicorn
That is terrible news for you Liz, you have had such a tough time recently with your pets. My thoughts are with you but you done the kindest thing for a much loved companion.

Liz
Thanks everyone. As I said before your love and support means the world to me. So hugs and love to you all.
I have to say I never thought I would laugh today but we were out burying Tiggy in the garden. We said a wee prayer and gave him a hug. Benjy was with us and, as Margaret(my sister) went to bury Tiggy, Benjy fell in the hole!!! Then Margaret, who was holding Tiggy, slipped and fell in amongst the floors holding onto Tiggy!!! It seemed awful to be doubled up with laughter when burying our darling Tiggy but sure he would be laughing with us or rather at us!
Sadly,I know there will be many more tears of sadness shed but good to know that he is free now. He looked so peaceful and at rest.
Teenybash you are so right as I have cried until I am exhausted and when you think there are no more tears left you start again. xxx

Ash
03-Jun-08, 17:32
god i am soo sorry, ive been thinking about you all day and came on to see of an update, like i said before we are all for you, losing a pet is awful

rest in peace Tiggy :(:( xxxxxx

Liz
03-Jun-08, 18:07
A friend sent me a link to this website to light a candle for Tiggy. http://www.lightacandle.co.uk/ She also sent me a beautiful poem but can't copy and paste it for some reason so will need to copy it myself. It's at times like these that you find out just how caring and lovely people can be! xxx

Liz
03-Jun-08, 18:10
Here's the poem and hope it helps others who have lost much loved pets.

FOR TIGGY

HIS JOURNEY’S JUST BEGUN

Don’t think of him as gone away -
His journey’s just begun
Life holds so many facets -
This earth is only one

Just think of him as resting
From the sorrows and the tears -
In a place of warmth and comfort
Where there are no days and years

Think how he must be wishing
That we could know today -
How nothing but our sadness
Can really pass away

And think of him as living
In the hearts of those he touched -
For nothing loved is ever lost -
And he was loved so much

Anne x
03-Jun-08, 18:13
so sorry Liz for your loss always hard to loose a pet
Ax

binbob
03-Jun-08, 18:23
ohhh..liz...so so sorry.u have been brave and done the right thing for tiggy.
he will remain in ur heart forever and u will meet again at the rainboiw bridge.
i did laugh at the burial fiasco...sorry ,but i truly think tiggy made it happen to help you.
penny,saffi,lottie and my phoebe basset send u big hairy hugs and many paws.
god bless tiggy...
bobbi xxxxxx

Allsorts
03-Jun-08, 18:27
Hi Liz,
Just wanted to send you hugs and loads of thoughts as I had been popping on and off to see what news there was. Its awful to lose a loving pet and it will take time to get use to it. But always remember you gave him a happy life and you did a very brave thing letting him go and not suffer anymore.
Loads of love

evelyn
03-Jun-08, 19:04
Liz I'm absolutely heartbroken for you. Like the rest of the 'catty' crew, I've been popping on and off here all day waiting and hoping that Tiggy had come round. Very sad to hear his results. You made the right and brave decision by easing his suffering.
Thinking of you
Love evelyn x

carasmam
03-Jun-08, 20:22
Oh Liz, I am so sorry. The tears are running down my face now too :~( Teenybash and all the other posters have summed everything, I can only add to the love and virtual hugs that are being sent your way.

Tiggy would have been tittering to himself seeing Benjy fall in the hole - he got the last word in and duped the dog again so he will be happy and at peace in catty heaven. He will be remembered by all of us too and lives on in all our hearts.
Hope you and Margaret are ok xxx

Foxy
04-Jun-08, 00:07
Liz i'm so sorry to hear your sad news. :~( I know how hard it is to make the decision to let your beloved pet go, your head says it's the last thing you can do for them so that they don't suffer anymore but at the same time your heart is breaking. Big hugs to you, Benjy and the cats.

crashbandicoot1979
04-Jun-08, 12:24
Liz, your post brought tears to my eyes, I am so so sorry. As horrible as it is to have a pet put down, you can take comfort in the fact you did the right thing and he isn't suffering. We had a cat put down due to kidney failure a few years back so I know exactly how you're feeling.

Thinking of you all, Jinky and Oscar send you loads of hugs xx

Liz
04-Jun-08, 13:07
Managed to get some sleep last night but still exhausted and tears are never far away.Did have a greet when I went to bed as missed Tiggy being on my bed. He would lie at the bottom until I 'invited' him up to the top to lie beside me where he would lie close in to me and occasionally rub his face on the book I was reading.

It was awful getting up this morning and realising Tiggy wasn't there and not getting my morning 'Hello'. Oh that's the tears welling up again so can hardly see.:~(
Strange filling two cat dishes instead of two. It will just take time for the raw pain of loss to be replaced by happy memories of my 'Tiggy Teet'.
The mind is cruel as I can keep seeing him and hearing him but still this will bring comfort in the future.

I would be lost without Benjy, Charly and Suzy. Benjy hates to see his Mam cry and comes and gives me a kiss but I try not to cry in front of him as I know he gets upset.
Charly and Suzy provide lots of cuddles and purrs.

Then of course there are you my orger friends who honestly have been a tower of strength. Not only with Tiggy but during Rusty and Charly's illness.
So much love and hugs to you all. You are lovely, caring people and I truly appreciate all your messages and thanks to those who have pm'd me.

It is a lovely day thankfully so will take Benjy for a walk on the beach to get out of the house for a wee while.

xxxxx

Moira
04-Jun-08, 18:23
Liz - I'm so sorry to hear the sad news of Tiggy. Our furry friends do strange and wonderful things to the heartstrings and leave us in bits when they go. Hope that Benjy, Charly and Suzy are helping a little.

I had a wee smile at the picture you conjured up with your story of Tiggy's burial - sounds like he had the last laugh indeed. :)

Liz
04-Jun-08, 18:28
Thanks Moira.

Yes I am glad there was something to smile about in amongst the terrible sadness.
I'll bet he was having a laugh at the daft pair!:lol:

sweep
04-Jun-08, 20:13
i'm really sorry about the sad news. i know how hard it is to lose a darling pet but i'm sure it'll be best for tiggy and you had to be strong for him.
lots of love.xx.

Lolabelle
06-Jun-08, 12:39
Liz, I have just read all 4 pages of this thread, and now I am in tears. I am so sorry you lost your Tiggy. I wish I had been in here earlier to be with you through the whole time of you worries and fears.
My thoughts and prayers are with you now, and I hope you are getting there. Take care, and give the other cats an extra cuddle, it may help a bit. :~(

Liz
06-Jun-08, 12:46
i'm really sorry about the sad news. i know how hard it is to lose a darling pet but i'm sure it'll be best for tiggy and you had to be strong for him.
lots of love.xx.

Thanks Sweep xx

Liz, I have just read all 4 pages of this thread, and now I am in tears. I am so sorry you lost your Tiggy. I wish I had been in here earlier to be with you through the whole time of you worries and fears.
My thoughts and prayers are with you now, and I hope you are getting there. Take care, and give the other cats an extra cuddle, it may help a bit. :~(

I appreciate this Lolabelle.xxx

It came as such a shock as Tiggy had never had a day's illness in his life!
I can't cry as much now (all cried out!)but just feel sad and missing him so much.

This is the only 'bad' part about having pets. Still they're worth it!

ciderally
06-Jun-08, 14:56
so sorry liz...xxxx

Liz
06-Jun-08, 15:02
Thanks Ciderally.

I thought the tears had dried up but was thinking about him just now and set me off again.:~(

I just can't get used to him not being here. It is very early days though and, although I will always miss him, I know it will get easier.

blondscot
18-Jun-08, 22:11
Hi Liz Im so sorry that you lost Tiggy i know how hard it is to come to terms with a unexpected loss of a much loved cat and how you always look for them to be there. My thoughts are with you

Liz
18-Jun-08, 22:18
Hi Liz Im so sorry that you lost Tiggy i know how hard it is to come to terms with a unexpected loss of a much loved cat and how you always look for them to be there. My thoughts are with you

Thanks ever so much. It did come as a bolt out of the blue and, out of all my cats, I honestly thought that Tiggy was going to live to be a really old boy.
As you say you're always looking for them and the mind is cruel as you can actually see and hear them!

I know you have had more than your fair share of heartbreak too.:(

Bruce_H
19-Jun-08, 05:06
Liz I am very sorry to hear about poor Tiggy. I wish I had been a part of this group earlier so I could have shared my story, strangely enough about a cat named Tigger, who suffered kidney failure and died on February 14th this year.

I am sure you are very sad at the loss of a beloved pet, and he will never leave your heart. I have to hope and pray that the Lord provides a place for our wee friends in paradise, and in time we will meet them again.

If you think it would help you, please feel free to read my farewell to my Tigger (http://and-still-i-persist.com/2008/02/in-memory-of-tigger-1991-2008/).

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Tiggy.

Bruce H

Liz
19-Jun-08, 12:48
Thanks ever so much for your kind words Bruce. I read your wonderful tribute to Tigger and I am so sorry for your loss of such a lovely cat.
I thought the tears were easing but they still come.
It doesn't help that one of my other cats,Suzy,isn't herself at all. She's usually such a happy wee soul but looks miserable and spends most of the day in one room. She is eating okay and will sing when I cuddle her so hoping it is because she is missing Tiggy. They weren't really close but, when he was well, they did chase each other through the house although it usually ended in a fight!
I am giving her the homeopathic remedy Ignatia as this helps grief and if she doesn't improve soon will need to take her to the Vet.
Our animal families bring such joy to our lives but when they are ill, or leave us, it is almost impossible to bear.

AfternoonDelight
19-Jun-08, 13:38
Oh Liz, Liz, Liz - sorry for the loss of your little friend!

It has been scientifcally proven that animals suffer from grief as well. I hope that your little Suzy is ok, she'll definitely be missing him.

I knew a friend who's father was a vet and they had quite a lot of animals. When one died, they used to let all the other animals sniff the body so they knew not to go looking for it later...

Liz
19-Jun-08, 13:50
Thanks. I appreciate that.
I am sure it must be the loss of Tiggy which is making Suzy so unhappy. I couldn't let her see him before we buried him as she was in hiding. She is a very senstitive and nervous wee soul.
She didn't grieve for our other cat Rusty but then he didn't really have anything to do with her.
I have had a few other pets who have grieved and it just breaks your heart.
I have got a Feliway diffuser as well as the Ignatia and, hopefully, this and lots of love and cuddles will help.

AfternoonDelight
19-Jun-08, 13:57
This might sound harsh, and I certainly don't mean it to be at all, but when we had to get a cat put down, the other one was pining and the best thing we did was get a new kitten. There were loads of spits and growls at first but now they are best friends.

Although, as I said, not a solution for everyone...

Liz
19-Jun-08, 14:17
No it doesn't sound at all harsh and it is something I am seriously considering. The problem is Suzy is so nervous I'm afraid she'll go in hiding if we get a kitten!
We do have another cat Charly, who she is close to, but he goes out so much she hardly sees him!
We never actually 'chose' our cats and they all 'came to us' in one way or another so I am hoping this will happen again and then I will know it's meant to be.