PDA

View Full Version : Some Diet/Fern Britton's weight loss secret!

brokencross
01-Jun-08, 17:28
Ferns got a bit of a tummy upset or at least some of her viewers/fans will be upset about her tummy.
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/0106_fern_britton_fat_lie.shtml

unicorn
01-Jun-08, 17:44
Good grief, if that makes news then little wonder Britain is going down the tubes.

joxville
01-Jun-08, 17:54
It's crap like that making the news which prompted me to stop buying newspapers 2 years ago.

brokencross
01-Jun-08, 19:25
Posted not so much for the news item but the deceit from someone, a celeb, who advertises diet stuff on TV

bobandag16
01-Jun-08, 22:21
It's crap like that making the news which prompted me to stop buying newspapers 2 years ago.
agree will never buy a newspaper relied on caithness org

wifie
01-Jun-08, 22:44
Haven't bought a paper for years - sensationalist lies most of it now!
Yep if it is true Fern has lied but maybe it is because of papers and their rubbish that people feel they need to keep things secret. If she had come out and said it at the start she would have been hounded for her progress and god forbid it if she were caught eating something she shouldn't. Only the papers win - don't buy them!

dandod
01-Jun-08, 22:49
was just thinking the other day how well she had done at losing all the weight.but it was all smokescreens and mirrors.she should have been honest from the start and learnt a lesson from ann diamond.

Anne x
01-Jun-08, 23:24
Dont actually think Fern ever said she was on a diet and her adverts are all very tongue in cheek whenever a guest said she looked amazing she just smiled

She did cycle the length of the nile and lost weight on her charity thing

I really dont think she has proclaimed anything about her weight loss to the nation as to how she achieved it but she sure has and looks brill neither would I feel the need if
I earned what she does and be good at it whatever your size and have a personality like her either way

sour grapes to the press no wonder I hardly ever buy newspapers these days

dragonfly
03-Jun-08, 20:52
Its been a while since I've watched This Morning but having seen it recently was delighted to see Fern had lost weight and was looking great so went in search of how she did it and read that she had lost over 5st by cycling and healthy eating yet today her real secret was revealed - she has joined the Gastric Band brigade, no wonder she lost so much weight so quickly!

story here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2061199/Fern-Britton-admits-cheating-at-weight-loss.html)

Do you think its right for TV celebs such as Fern and Anne Diamond to mislead the public??

If she'd been upfront about it I'd say good on you - great if you can afford it! but think she's been deliberately deceptive in this instance

Anne x
03-Jun-08, 21:35
As I stated on a previous post about this on Sunday after publication in N o the W Fern has never said she was on any diet or excercise regime and was very careful not to mislead anyone only 5 people new she had the band fitted excluding her agent and when he was approached by the News of the World contacted Fern who duly admitted to it
when anyone on her morning show remarked on her weight loss she just smiled
she looks fab fitter cycled the nile charity bike event
As for her Ryvita ads very tongue in Cheek
She earns vasts amounts of money for her work and why not
and Fern issued a statement that she did it for herself and no one else well done to her

as for Anne Diamond she was taking money under false pretences on a so called slimming programme with the gatric band already fitted

chamb
03-Jun-08, 21:39
As I stated on a previous post about this on Sunday after publication in N o the W Fern has never said she was on any diet or excercise regime and was very careful not to mislead anyone only 5 people new she had the band fitted excluding her agent and when he was approached by the News of the World contacted Fern who duly admitted to it
when anyone on her morning show remarked on her weight loss she just smiled
she looks fab fitter cycled the nile charity bike event
As for her Ryvita ads very tongue in Cheek
She earns vasts amounts of money for her work and why not
and Fern issued a staement that she did it for herself and no one else well done to her

as for Anne Diamond she was taking money under false pretences on a so called slimming programme with the gatric band already fitted

I agree with all of what Anne x Has said, its ferns life, she didnt lie, she just omited the fact she had a band fitted, I admire fern, she was proud of her body big or small, and she has done the wieght loss for her own self, not for publicity which other celebs do.

dogman
03-Jun-08, 21:41
they slag if you're fat, they slag you if you're not. the press can be so cruel with their non-stories.

golach
03-Jun-08, 21:42
Quite honestly, does any one care what Fern gets up to? I know I dont, what ever she did does not affect me in the slightest, all I know about her is what I hear in the back ground when I am trying to finish my morning Crossword.
Mrs G used ask me questions on a few of the subjects brought up by this Morning TV, but has now given up on me, as my grunts of reply, do not constitute as a decent reply [lol]

dragonfly
03-Jun-08, 21:42
i must have been reading a different newspaper article cos it said she put it down to her "newly found love of cycling" but anyway she does look fantastic - I was just disappointed cos it wasn't natural

I'm now looking around for gastric band fitters myself lol :eek: :lol:

armanisgirl
03-Jun-08, 21:44
I thought she had lost weight! Glad that's been clarified - was starting to think I must be getting extremely fat if Fern was starting to look close to my size!

Well done her! Regardless of how she's managing it, she's doing it for herself, and probably her family, and not because she's been told to viz the media. She has been doing keep fit things for sometime now, in preparation for her cycling marathon thing, so has started the weight loss herself, and is likely to have been eating healthier too prior to the band being fitted. It is very possible she hasn't lost much weight with these alone; I have a friend who was on a permanent diet, ate very healthily etc and just could not lose any weight until she also had a band fitted. There is nothing wrongwith that, providing you are making an effort yourself prior to surgery. Plus fern paid for it herself. What is wrong is when obese people won't try to lose weight or exercise, then expect a band fitted on the NHS, usually at the expense of the tax payer, that is something I don't agree with. But for Fern, on you go, good on you!!!

changilass
03-Jun-08, 21:47
Had she had gone the other way and gone from a size 6 to a size 16 would you be asking if she had done it naturally with organic cream cakes or if she had done it with sweets with loads of E numbers????

What difference does it make, if anything it just goes to show that the gastric band is not an overnight solution.

Anne x
03-Jun-08, 21:52
Lol Dragonfly no way!! your in no need of extreme measures like that !!! She cycled the Nile last Year and did another one before that

Golach she is one of the genuine presenters on T V and has been through the mill in the past you just listen to Mrs G as usual she who knows best and no it does not affect our lives or your daily crossword

Changi LOL your right

ocd
03-Jun-08, 21:53
Well done Fearn for keeping her private life, private, even if only for a while.

To be honest I am sick of hearing about it, every news report on the radio mentioned it yesterday.

balto
03-Jun-08, 22:31
why should every tom dick or harry know, if fern had this suurgery to help her lose weight, it is her body therefore her right to do it, she didnt hurt anyone did she, seems some people are never happy unless they are having a go at someone else

Gizmo
03-Jun-08, 22:39
Sad sad days when a story like this is front page news, it's absolutely no ones business apart from hers, why should she have to disclose something like that just because she is in the public eye?

TBH
03-Jun-08, 22:52
When accepting the ryvita contract she should have admitted to using a gastric band. 'Ryvita can help you lose weight in conjunction with controlled major surgery'.[lol]

scorrie
03-Jun-08, 23:19
I thought she had lost weight! Glad that's been clarified - was starting to think I must be getting extremely fat if Fern was starting to look close to my size!

Well done her! Regardless of how she's managing it, she's doing it for herself, and probably her family, and not because she's been told to viz the media. She has been doing keep fit things for sometime now, in preparation for her cycling marathon thing, so has started the weight loss herself, and is likely to have been eating healthier too prior to the band being fitted. It is very possible she hasn't lost much weight with these alone; I have a friend who was on a permanent diet, ate very healthily etc and just could not lose any weight until she also had a band fitted. There is nothing wrongwith that, providing you are making an effort yourself prior to surgery. Plus fern paid for it herself. What is wrong is when obese people won't try to lose weight or exercise, then expect a band fitted on the NHS, usually at the expense of the tax payer, that is something I don't agree with. But for Fern, on you go, good on you!!!

Oh she paid for it herself. Good for her. She gets paid £200,000 a year by Ryvita to pretend that their product and her exercise regime are what helped her to lose weight. The Ryvita spokesman is trying to play down the role that the gastric band played in her weight loss. I would say, let's run the thing again without the gastric band and see how she gets on!!

I say let her keep her choice of fitting a gastric band to herself. That is correctly her business. However, please don't spout bull in the papers about losing weight through exercise alone, when it is not the case. It gives false hope to too many people and it is not very honest when you are trousering £200,000 a year on the back of folks dreams.

Ooh, you little liar:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/yourlife/sexandhealth/2008/04/07/how-fern-britton-lost-even-more-weight-89520-20375615/

Gizmo
03-Jun-08, 23:39
Oh she paid for it herself. Good for her. She gets paid £200,000 a year by Ryvita to pretend that their product and her exercise regime are what helped her to lose weight. The Ryvita spokesman is trying to play down the role that the gastric band played in her weight loss. I would say, let's run the thing again without the gastric band and see how she gets on!!

I say let her keep her choice of fitting a gastric band to herself. That is correctly her business. However, please don't spout bull in the papers about losing weight through exercise alone, when it is not the case. It gives false hope to too many people and it is not very honest when you are trousering £200,000 a year on the back of folks dreams.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/yourlife/sexandhealth/2008/04/07/how-fern-britton-lost-even-more-weight-89520-20375615/

So she decieved the public about her weight loss, big whoop!, politicians lie to the public every single day about every single thing, and for 200 grand i'd lie like my life depended on it, it's only an advertising campaign, and it's not like people are stupid enough to believe that she lost all that weight just because she is the face of ryvita....are they?;)

Anne x
04-Jun-08, 00:36
[quote=scorrie;391740]Oh she paid for it herself. Good for her. She gets paid £200,000 a year by Ryvita to pretend that their product and her exercise regime are what helped her to lose weight. The Ryvita spokesman is trying to play down the role that the gastric band played in her weight loss. I would say, let's run the thing again without the gastric band and see how she gets on!!

She is most definately not that she was very careful in her choice of words when people commented on her weight loss not once did she say she had done it through diet or excercise she did it for herself and thats the important thing

As for ryvita ad mostly tongue in cheek advertising and showed her at a good size ?? certainly not size zero

For a lady just turned 50 someone who earns Millions from her Daily Weekly or Specials Shows I dont really think it matters to her or Joe Bloggs how it was achieved but she certainly never misled anyone
she also has cycled miles 2 yrs on the trot Through Egypt and some other country that escapes me right now to inspire other women
good on her and sour grapes to all the others just our great Press once again having a go

Anne

mccaugm
04-Jun-08, 09:37
Quite honestly, does any one care what Fern gets up to? I know I dont, what ever she did does not affect me in the slightest, all I know about her is what I hear in the back ground when I am trying to finish my morning Crossword.
Mrs G used ask me questions on a few of the subjects brought up by this Morning TV, but has now given up on me, as my grunts of reply, do not constitute as a decent reply [lol]

I don't care how she did it, its her life. Shes brilliant at her job and a lovely person. She earns enough so why shouldn't she spend it on surgery. If I could afford it and needed it then i would do it too. The News of the World/Sun are a terrible read and only good for the crossword. Chavvie papers in my opinion.

scorrie
04-Jun-08, 12:40
[quote=scorrie;391740]Oh she paid for it herself. Good for her. She gets paid £200,000 a year by Ryvita to pretend that their product and her exercise regime are what helped her to lose weight. The Ryvita spokesman is trying to play down the role that the gastric band played in her weight loss. I would say, let's run the thing again without the gastric band and see how she gets on!!

She is most definately not that she was very careful in her choice of words when people commented on her weight loss not once did she say she had done it through diet or excercise she did it for herself and thats the important thing

As for ryvita ad mostly tongue in cheek advertising and showed her at a good size ?? certainly not size zero

For a lady just turned 50 someone who earns Millions from her Daily Weekly or Specials Shows I dont really think it matters to her or Joe Bloggs how it was achieved but she certainly never misled anyone
she also has cycled miles 2 yrs on the trot Through Egypt and some other country that escapes me right now to inspire other women
good on her and sour grapes to all the others just our great Press once again having a go

Anne

She was quite happy to let her husband and others talk bollocks about how she lost the weight. No doubt, if she were a politician she would be roundly condemned for that. However, since she is cuddly Fern Britton and the face of TV pap (quite literally also ;)) all the housewives are rallying round.

I notice that several people describe Fern as a "lovely person". How does anyone know? You don't get to know what people are really like until you live with them. Lots of people who grace our screens are sweet as candy floss on TV and total pillocks in real life. I am not saying Fern isn't a Saint, just somewhat bemused by the way some people canonise celebs based on a flimsy impression gained via the gogglebox.

She's rich. Good luck to her. I happen to think that she allowed a false impression to be given when the surgeon deserved most of the credit.

mccaugm
04-Jun-08, 15:37
[quote=Anne x;391753]

She was quite happy to let her husband and others talk bollocks about how she lost the weight. No doubt, if she were a politician she would be roundly condemned for that. However, since she is cuddly Fern Britton and the face of TV pap (quite literally also ;)) all the housewives are rallying round.

I notice that several people describe Fern as a "lovely person". How does anyone know? You don't get to know what people are really like until you live with them. Lots of people who grace our screens are sweet as candy floss on TV and total pillocks in real life. I am not saying Fern isn't a Saint, just somewhat bemused by the way some people canonise celebs based on a flimsy impression gained via the gogglebox.

She's rich. Good luck to her. I happen to think that she allowed a false impression to be given when the surgeon deserved most of the credit.

For goodness sake, in the great scheme of things, does it really matter that much? She may or may not be a cow in real life but so what? Let those who are without sin cast the first stone!

northener
04-Jun-08, 16:12
So, someone who profits from the media has a problem with the same media publishing something they don't like about them. Tough.

I don't read tabloids - gave up years ago - and to be honest, I'm not bothered about what they publish regarding tabloid television 'personalities' - or what the same 'TV personalities' think about the media.

They're all urinating in the same pot. Let 'em all feed off each other, nothing they say or do is worth a fart in the real world.
Perhaps the gastric bands would be better placed around some 'personalities' necks?

joxville
04-Jun-08, 17:30
Fern has never said she was on any diet or excercise regime and was very careful not to mislead anyone only 5 people new she had the band fitted

Would that be the 5 people it took to fit it?:D

Anne x
04-Jun-08, 19:12
:roll:
Would that be the 5 people it took to fit it?:D
LOL Gosh Im splitting my sides here laughing Not !!! trying not to split my gastric band lol and that be Tongue in Cheek although I eat Ryvita only in my homemade Caramel Wafers though

silverfox57
04-Jun-08, 19:24
Sad sad days when a story like this is front page news, it's absolutely no ones business apart from hers, why should she have to disclose something like that just because she is in the public eye?
sad but true its to sell papers:confused to public who buy them:~(

scorrie
04-Jun-08, 21:41
[quote=scorrie;391841]

For goodness sake, in the great scheme of things, does it really matter that much? She may or may not be a cow in real life but so what? Let those who are without sin cast the first stone!

In the great scheme of things there isn't ANYTHING that matters much. However, since we are talking about Fern in this thread we may as well be allowed to air our opinions. I was just pondering WHY so many people assume that celebs, whom they know next to nothing about, are "lovely people"

I suspect my accuracy in identifying that anomaly has led to the old Biblical quotation that has absolutely no relevance in this instance.

ps Any truth in the rumour that Fern Britton is going to release a reworking of the 1977 smash hit "The Floral Dance"? only this time accompanied by a slightly different version of the original artists, who are now going by the topical name of:-

The Brighouse and Gastric Brass Band ;)

mccaugm
04-Jun-08, 21:58
[quote=mccaugm;391894]

In the great scheme of things there isn't ANYTHING that matters much. However, since we are talking about Fern in this thread we may as well be allowed to air our opinions. I was just pondering WHY so many people assume that celebs, whom they know next to nothing about, are "lovely people"

I suspect my accuracy in identifying that anomaly has led to the old Biblical quotation that has absolutely no relevance in this instance.

ps Any truth in the rumour that Fern Britton is going to release a reworking of the 1977 smash hit "The Floral Dance"? only this time accompanied by a slightly different version of the original artists, who are now going by the topical name of:-

Scorrie I think you are making a fuss over practically nothing. Also I know nothing about you except what you write on this but your becoming a bit of a celebrity on here, does that mean we can berate you in the same way you berate Ms Britton?

scorrie
04-Jun-08, 22:05
[quote=scorrie;392082]
I know nothing about you except what you write on this but your becoming a bit of a celebrity on here, does that mean we can berate you in the same way you berate Ms Britton?

Once I am earning £700,000 a year and getting £200,000 a year from Dryvita, whilst misleading my beloved public at the same time, I give you Carte Blanche to rip the piddle out of me!!

northener
04-Jun-08, 23:22
[quote=mccaugm;391894]

Ha haaaaaar![lol]

skinnydog
05-Jun-08, 13:02
Fern loosing 5 stone.
Is that the same as throwing 2 deckchairs off the Titanic?

Tighsonas4
05-Jun-08, 16:57
can second that one . ferns tummy is the least of my worries lol [lol] tony

scorrie
05-Jun-08, 18:10
Fern became really friendly with the staff when she was having her surgery. They started to call her Fernie. On the way out off the hospital the cashier ran up to her and shouted:-

"Don't forget your BILL FERNIE"

Rumours that this was actually "Don't forget, YOU'RE Bill Fernie" may or may not be true ;)

mccaugm
05-Jun-08, 21:36
Fern became really friendly with the staff when she was having her surgery. They started to call her Fernie. On the way out off the hospital the cashier ran up to her and shouted:-

"Don't forget your BILL FERNIE"

Rumours that this was actually "Don't forget, YOU'RE Bill Fernie" may or may not be true ;)

After your cruel jibes that was actually quite funny...

scorrie
06-Jun-08, 14:32
After your cruel jibes that was actually quite funny...

Check through my posts, I never made any cruel jibes. I have not made fun of Fern's size or appearance. I believe she has been dishonest but I have never questioned her right to have the surgery nor her right to be paid a fortune.

JamesMcVean
06-Jun-08, 14:36
I have an upset tummy too:~(

Havent eaten since Tuesday

Gastrointeritis? The Doc thinks...the worst of it is...if I dont get better by monday...I have to take in a sample:~(

scorrie
06-Jun-08, 17:10
I have an upset tummy too:~(

Havent eaten since Tuesday

Gastrointeritis? The Doc thinks...the worst of it is...if I dont get better by monday...I have to take in a sample:~(

Talking of samples, I used to work at Dounreay and if you became contaminated you had to provide said sample. The kit issued was:- a bag for the sample and a box to provide privacy to your sample from the eyes of the public. Unfortunately, one guy couldn't master the two elements and ended up "laying" his sample inside the box and then wrapped the box with the bag. I heard that it was not an easy job for the Health Physics analyst but certainly an amusing one!!

JamesMcVean
06-Jun-08, 18:06
Scorrie

What a great tale lol :lol:

On the upside I have lost over half a stone! (so far...)

scorrie
06-Aug-08, 17:11
Did anyone else see Mock The Week last Thursday?

On the topic of "Adverts you wouldn't see on TV", Frankie Boyle did a gag about Fern Britton.:-

"Hi, I'm Fern Britton and I'd like to tell you about this machine that helped me to lose two stones........... It's a Bacon Slicer!!"

teenybash
06-Aug-08, 23:02
Seen it...thought the remark horrible as she seems a lovely lady.......:)

Kevin Milkins
06-Aug-08, 23:46
Did anyone see the programme on tonight " iIneed to loose 30 stone or die".
A young guy 37 year old that was 48 stone and had to loose 8 stone so surgeons could get through his fat and staple his stomach.
He did loose over thirty stone in the end.
I am 17 stone and he made me feel like Tinkerbell.

T-Bag
09-Aug-08, 19:10
On the plus side she does look good now, who cares how she lost the weight.

TBH
09-Aug-08, 19:17
On the plus side she does look good now, who cares how she lost the weight.Perhaps the overweight people that she mislead?