PDA

View Full Version : Orange

ashaw1
31-May-08, 20:12
Is it just me or is the Orange mobile phone signal in Wick down again? Getting really fed up with it now, it seems to be happening for at least one weekend a month now. Think i will need to make a phonecall to them on Monday morning.

quiteone
31-May-08, 20:23
yip mines been down since about 4pm................crap sat nite and no fone :(

nicnic74
31-May-08, 21:12
Yip mines is down again also about 1 oclk e day it went down
hope its no off for long

baggie boy
31-May-08, 23:02
Im in Thurso and had no signal since bout 12.http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon8.gif

Will ring on Monday to complain of bad sevice once again!!!

SNOWDOG
31-May-08, 23:58
Havent had any signal since 11am!

rob1
01-Jun-08, 12:37
I am on vodafone and have had no signal for the last 2 days.

Think of the panic if this happend in London!

emb123
01-Jun-08, 13:15
I've one phone on Orange and another on Vodafone. Not noticed an Orange problem here in Keiss or in Wick yesterday - lost signal for a while in Thurso.

That said my Orange phone should have had three battery bars and this morning and it was down to one bar so it had obviously been having to ramp up the power to find a signal. Have had quite a few problems with the Vodafone phone and in the end I stopped even bothering to give the number to people.

Think Orange have been "up to something" as I've noticed that a few times there has been a problem in Wick and then the signal came back better than ever.

If you bear in mind that '3' (Hutchison 3G) customers now piggyback ride on the Orange network instead of the O2 one. O2 now has the extra capacity which Orange doesn't.

Orange cells on the other hand are now that much busier. The cells are limited/licensed to a fixed number of simultaneous calls per cell and it will vary also by the age and manufacturer/design of the cell. As we are at the top end of the country and have a lower population base we are probably lower priority.

I wouldn't consider this to be any tacit form of recommendation of O2 however. I used to have an O2 contract and they were the epitome of mediocrity.

If you can be bothered I think it does help to complain to Orange about unreliable service pointing out the obvious - that if you can't use the mobile phone when you want to then they aren't going to make any money, you're going to get cheesed off and change supplier and then they won't make anything at all from you.

Orange do actually take customer complaints seriously and apparently spend up to £1.5million per day working on improving and upgrading their coverage (if you believe their blurb) so they can probably afford to improve the signal in Wick if enough folk complain about it. :)

emb123
01-Jun-08, 14:26
As a follow-up. There has been no signal on my Orange phone for the last hour in Keiss. I can see the cell which faces towards Ackergill and Wick, it is approximately 100 feet from my living room back window.

Most be a problem further down the line.

crashbandicoot1979
01-Jun-08, 16:52
We've had no vodafone signal since yesterday morning (we're in Thurso). I phoned this afternoon but they say there's no timescale for repair as its the weekend. If its not back up by tomorrow evening I've to phone for an update and arrange some line rental credit.

johnlc
01-Jun-08, 17:30
AM ON 3 NETWORK AND MINES HAS BEEN DOWN SINCE YDAY AFTERNOON,HATE THIS COZ AM O MOBILEHOLIC LOL:lol:

craggy island
01-Jun-08, 21:22
yep, we've got three orange mobiles and none have had a signal all weekend!!!!!
what a load of rubbish, looking at 02 now because this is ridiculous.

ashaw1
02-Jun-08, 07:56
Monday morning and still no signal! Really getting annoyed now!

ashaw1
02-Jun-08, 10:20
Came back on about 8.45 this morning. Will be having words with orange though as this seems to be happening frequently now.

Debz89
02-Jun-08, 22:24
I'm on Vodafone and have no signal since Saturday morning although I managed to get a little this afternoon for a few minutes.Anyone had any updates on when the situation is going to improve? Just shows how we rely on our mobiles more than we think!

Gizmo
02-Jun-08, 22:57
The answer to your problems is simple, move to O2 :) never had a moments problem in the 6/7 years i have been with them, i have never heard good things about Orange in this area.

anneoctober
02-Jun-08, 23:07
I'm on Vodafone and have no signal since Saturday morning although I managed to get a little this afternoon for a few minutes.Anyone had any updates on when the situation is going to improve? Just shows how we rely on our mobiles more than we think!
Still no signal from vodafone :mad: Had a brief flash of communication from a voicemail and then it died again, as we're awaiting a new grandchild, drove straight t Thurso in a panic at 1.15am early hours o Sunday morning, to find the house in darkness! Signal appeared long enough for me to get the message.......from my other half, asking me to ring him before I left Castletown - all of 6 HOURS PREVIOUSLY..........:eek: Oh and still NO baby........

Aaldtimer
03-Jun-08, 02:29
The problem seems to be that a Hydro-Electric transformer at Ben Dorrery was struck by lightning on Saturday cutting the power to the mast.
The earliest that it can be repaired is Wednesday.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they're doing their best to get it back ASAP.:(
MFR/CFM might, just might be back Tuesday afternoon... wi' a wee bit o' jiggerypokery!:)

Ian Pearson
03-Jun-08, 07:04
See below message I got.

(
Dear Ian
Thank you for your mail.
We are sorry to learn you are having signal problems.
We understand you are having signal problems in your locality, on studying our coverage map there does not appear to be any transmitter outages. If you have tried re-booting your handset by switching it off and on again and you still cannot get a signal please call our helpdesk on 07973100450 from a landline if you are a pay as you go user or 07973100150 from a landline if you are pay monthly.

One of our representatives will take details of your issues and if necessary feed them back to our technical support team. When a number of customers call in with the same problem relating to signal in the same locality this will alert our engineers who will run tests on the transmitters.
Please accept out apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Kind Regards
Gill
Orange Customer Services)

I will be phoning and advise all to do same

Ian