PDA

View Full Version : concrete angel

porshiepoo
31-May-08, 18:14
It seems a daily occurrence now of reported child abuse cases.
I came across this song on Youtube, it's to highlight child abuse and encourage us to start actively reporting our suspicions.
Be warned, it'll bring a tear to even the most hardened of you.
I don't know what it will actually achieve at the end of the day but heightened awareness can only be a good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLwwy-g2wkc

brokencross
01-Jun-08, 09:32
Thanks for that, it was very touching indeed. Sadly, various forms of child abuse goes on a lot more than many of us realise.

My daughter teaches at a Primary School in an inner city area in England and it has been a steep learning curve for her.
Obviously for confidentiality reasons she has not been specific but many of the children in her school (her class even) are on various registers and "at risk" lists. Teachers are trained to be alert to this sort of thing, but never in her wildest dreams did she expect to be so heavily involved in the "child protection" side of education. It is so prevalent the school has a dedicated staff member who deals purely with the social side of things, investigating signs of abuse, liaising with parents, reporting to social services etc

What upsets my daughter most is that the children who are subjected to the abuse are so loving and trusting; all they want is a little love and attention in return. Not much to ask from your own mum and dad is it?

Rie
01-Jun-08, 12:21
That is so sad, but all too real, made the "mistake" of looking at some of the other links on youtube and am now sat in floods of tears, thinking how we just dont do enough in this world,
Thank you porshiepoo, seriously giving me something to think about and try and act upon,xx

horseman
01-Jun-08, 17:31
Porschie-You have generated a few responses,to what event?
Bit like showing a piccy of a cute animal an saying aaahhh.
Never the less,thanks for the up front input.
Me an mine are into special needs so will give you a + X.

Invisible
18-Jan-10, 23:14
bumping this thread.

This song gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. It was also my ex girlfriends favorite song, she asked me to sing it to her and it was moving.:~(

joxville
18-Jan-10, 23:49
bumping this thread.

This song gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. It was also my ex girlfriends favorite song, she asked me to sing it to her and it was moving.:~(

How far away did she have to move? :)

porshiepoo
19-Jan-10, 10:23
Jeepers Jox, you had to dig deep for this thread didn't you. :lol:

Invisible
19-Jan-10, 10:28
How far away did she have to move? :)

Naaaaaaaaairn!

joxville
19-Jan-10, 22:09
Jeepers Jox, you had to dig deep for this thread didn't you. :lol:

Dinna blame me, (this time), it wis Invisible that done it. :)

Invisible
19-Jan-10, 23:07

guilty....................

porshiepoo
20-Jan-10, 11:26

Oops sorry, didn't check the dates properly.

Invisible:- You saddo! :lol:

Invisible
20-Jan-10, 12:50
Oops sorry, didn't check the dates properly.

Invisible:- You saddo! :lol:

Thanks for the confidence boost poo!:confused