PDA

View Full Version : Britain's Got Talent/In Search of Nancy (merged threads)

hotrod4
31-May-08, 14:42
I am an avid watcher of Britains got talent but I am getting bored of the "poor me" sob stories.
Last night with the Filipino woman who wanted the money to give her kids a better life had me reaching for the sick bucket not the kleenex!!
Then theres the guy who was "bullied", darn good singer but all they keep going on about is how he was bullied for being different. It spoils the show and demeans the quality of the acts.
I have thought about applying next year whats my talent? dont have one I'll just stand on the stage cry a little and tell them how I am an oppressed Caithnessian and hope they put me through. ;)

Hope george the breakdancer wins though!!

joxville
31-May-08, 14:52
I am an avid watcher of Britains got talent but I am getting bored of the "poor me" sob stories.
Last night with the Filipino woman who wanted the money to give her kids a better life had me reaching for the sick bucket not the kleenex!!
Then theres the guy who was "bullied", darn good singer but all they keep going on about is how he was bullied for being different. It spoils the show and demeans the quality of the acts.
I have thought about applying next year whats my talent? dont have one I'll just stand on the stage cry a little and tell them how I am an oppressed Caithnessian and hope they put me through. ;)

I've been enjoying it too but I wish to God they would stop repeating the tape of a tearful Amanda Holden saying to the Filipino, "I know you were singing that for your babies"-it makes me wanna throoooow up.

B.G.T. is the only talent show I watch but I assume there is a sob story from many contestants on all the talent show's.

My money is on Faryl Smith. (However at a base level I would like to see the violin babes do well):)

floyed
31-May-08, 15:01
What got me is she said that she didn't want people to think she was begging for her kids, and that she didn't want to be treated as a sob story.

Then she goes and sings and a big picture of her kids appears behind her ahh!![evil]

honey
31-May-08, 15:02

that'll be the boy with the "sob story" of not making it last year, and coming back this time, bigger and better??

I love reallity TV, so watch it a lot, and having a back story to the person helps you get more involved with them, and yes, ultimately, more likely to pick up the phone and vote. ok, some of the are heart wrenching, while others a vomit inducing... but it helps make these shows..

im away home tonight to sky + BGT, as ill be watching to see if my "nancy" wins on BBC, then ill turn over to watch BGT... its great! ;)

hotrod4
31-May-08, 15:39
that'll be the boy with the "sob story" of not making it last year, and coming back this time, bigger and better??

I love reallity TV, so watch it a lot, and having a back story to the person helps you get more involved with them, and yes, ultimately, more likely to pick up the phone and vote. ok, some of the are heart wrenching, while others a vomit inducing... but it helps make these shows..

im away home tonight to sky + BGT, as ill be watching to see if my "nancy" wins on BBC, then ill turn over to watch BGT... its great! ;)

Cant stand that nancy thing not my cup of tea at all, but BGT is great as its so varied, theres good acts and then theres BAD acts.
There seems to be a theme on it this year though we've had a group of women bouncing there lady bits and then last night we had a woman jiggling her jubblies what next?

George all the way or those Violin wifies they were well good.

hotrod4
31-May-08, 15:41
I've been enjoying it too but I wish to God they would stop repeating the tape of a tearful Amanda Holden saying to the Filipino, "I know you were singing that for your babies"-it makes me wanna throoooow up.

B.G.T. is the only talent show I watch but I assume there is a sob story from many contestants on all the talent show's.

My money is on Faryl Smith. (However at a base level I would like to see the violin babes do well):)

The thing about Faryl Smith is she doesnt look or sound 12.
Shes the same age as my Daughter and has an amazing voice.
I think she will go far regardless of if she wins.
I just hope that choir boy doesnt win as I dont like that kind of singing, very talented though!

honey
31-May-08, 15:53
theres good acts and then theres BAD acts.

you should see Americas Got Talent and American Idol for "bad" talent..... there has been times i couldnt watch it for the tears streaming... from laughing so much!!! :eek::lol:

floyed
31-May-08, 17:08
I love reality telly, cant wait for Big Brother to start again :D

joxville
31-May-08, 17:57
I love reality telly, cant wait for Big Brother to start again :D

Sorry, I can't watch anything like that and I especially cannot forgive them for inflicting Jade Goody upon us-a Class 1 Minger.

Venture
31-May-08, 18:09
BGT is a good programme as it gives people a chance to air their talents. It will be a tough final. I hope Escala win but I somehow think the British public will vote for the younger ones. What I didnt like about the programme was the selection for the semi-final. There were good acts who didn't make it because the usual list of no hopers had to be included for entertainment value or should I say embarassment value. It was humilating for some of these acts last night and I for one thought it was totally unfair to build up their hopes when they had no hope at all of getting anywhere. Being booed at and publicly criticised was tv at its worst. The fact the judges voted them through in the first place was ridiculous.

badger
31-May-08, 18:33
This is the only "reality" tv show I watch and do so agree with Hotrod -it's suppose to be a talent contest and the sympathy vote has no place here. Last night's lot were particularly bad - sulking or sobbing. If Craig whatever his name is had got through I would have given up - embarrassing. Don't these people have any pride? Having dependent relatives or being in the clubs for years or even just trying hard has nothing to do with talent. Staying power maybe. The two groups that did get through last night deserved it but I have a nasty feeling some of the others won on sympathy.

It's a shame because this show does produce some real talent, which is why it's worth watching, and the rest lets it down.

Venture
31-May-08, 20:35
Having just watched the final I honestly don't know who is going to win. Escala, Andrew Johnson, Farel, Signature, George Sampson or Gin and her partner. They were all brilliant. Its going to be close. Whether they win or not tonight I think they have all got great futures ahead of them. Never have I seen such an amazing amount of talent in one show. Always watch these type of shows but for once in my life I can't make up my mind who should win.

superted
31-May-08, 20:55
More than often you know who's going to win...not tonight!! Great show and like the others this is the only talent show I will watch!!!!

badger
31-May-08, 21:03
There was so much real talent tonight it seems a shame there can only be one winner as I think several of them deserve to share the prize. Pity there can't be a BGT slot at the Royal Variety - I haven't watched it for years but can't help thinking there would be far more real entertainment from at least half of tonight's finalists than from the usual acts that appear.

Hope the younger ones aren't spoiled by their success - it's going to be quite hard for them.

joxville
31-May-08, 21:11
My prediction:

1. Faryl Smith
2. Andrew Johnson
3. Escala
4. George
5. Kate & Gin
6. Signature
7. Cheeky Monkeys
8. Strike
9. Nemesis
10.Andrew Muir

Just have to wait and see now.:D

Venture
31-May-08, 21:17
I think you might be right with your first three Jox. Such a shame there is only one winner.

canuck
31-May-08, 21:31
Escala was brilliant!

DonsFanRA04
31-May-08, 21:31
escala 2 win!:D

joxville
31-May-08, 21:35
I think you might be right with your first three Jox. Such a shame there is only one winner.

Yes, you're right, shame there is only one winner. I'd be happy to see any of the top three I listed win.

Ash
31-May-08, 21:35
signature to win all the way!!!!!:D

joxville
31-May-08, 21:36
Escala was brilliant!

Top babes too.:Razz

joxville
31-May-08, 21:54
My prediction:

1. Faryl Smith
2. Andrew Johnson
3. Escala
4. George
5. Kate & Gin
6. Signature
7. Cheeky Monkeys
8. Strike
9. Nemesis
10.Andrew Muir

Just have to wait and see now.:D

Don't ask me for the Lotto numbers:D

golach
31-May-08, 21:55
Well done wee George, he was a tryer a real tryer

miranda
31-May-08, 21:58
awww wee george is so cool :lol:

Venture
31-May-08, 22:08
A life changing night for George. Well deserved win.

thejudd
31-May-08, 22:13
That was a brill final. I have not watched it all but I think the right person won on the night. There were sooo many good turns on the show tonight if was difficult to pic one. Weldone george

icekah
31-May-08, 22:14
does anyone know who won britains got talent, and who the runners up were, i missed it
thanks

Gizmo
31-May-08, 22:20
George Sampson won it and Signature came second, George Sampson is an absolute star and easily deserved to win.

magtomich
I totally agree with your top three joxville, such a pity none of them won. Most of the acts were really good tonight.

Highland Laddie
George Sampson won
signature were runners up
andrew wilson was 3rd

Gizmo
31-May-08, 22:22
Is the lads name not Andrew Johnston?

Highland Laddie
31-May-08, 22:32
Is the lads name not Andrew Johnston?

Yep, quite right, sorry about that. :)

icekah
31-May-08, 22:36
thankyou everyone

Venture
31-May-08, 22:58
It will probably be repeated on Itv 2 tomorrow afternoon.

Loch not Lock
31-May-08, 23:39
90% of the British public are completely devoid of any taste and that was proved tonight with their hideous voting in the finals of the Nancy and Britain's (Britain@s) Got Talent shows. For Jodie and George to win was farcical.
God help us if that is what people consider to be the best. I fear for our future!
I only put myself through the agony of watching such programmes for betting purposes - and yes it did cost me money.
In the past 8 or so years I have made a good profit gambling on such shows but this last year has been hopeless. Voters seem to be getting thicker every week.:(

Venture
31-May-08, 23:44
90% of the British public are completely devoid of any taste and that was proved tonight with their hideous voting in the finals of the Nancy and Britain's Got Talent shows. For Jodie and George to win was farcical.
God help us if that is what people consider to be the best. I fear for our future!
I only put myself through the agony of watching such programmes for betting purposes - and yes it did cost me money.
In the past 8 or so years I have made a good profit gambling on such shows but this last year has been hopeless. Voters seem to be getting thicker every week.:(

I agree with you on the verdict in the Nancy show. Jessie should have been chosen. She was by far the best. You could see the disappointment on Andrew Lloyd Webber's face when the result was announced. Obviously more voters in Blackpool than in Ireland. What a shame for the young girl with such a lot of talent. Hopefully someone will snap her up. She'll go far.

Boozeburglar
01-Jun-08, 00:43
George Galloway should have won.

Moi x
01-Jun-08, 01:11
I hate to admit it but I've had a lazy evening and I watched both of these programmes. I wanted Jessie to be Nancy but Jodie was good too so I wasn't too perturbed by the public vote. But the look on Andrew Lloyd Webber's face told a different story. He clearly wanted Jessie to win as did the dude who will be directing the show. Too bad, they are stuck with Jodie and they will have to work with her.

Britain's got talent was more of an eye opener. I can only conclude that the winner was chosen by teenage girls and perhaps their mums. I thought Escala were head and shoulders above the rest in terms of their musical abilities and their presentation alone. Ok, that wee boy was a good singer and the guy with the turban was cool but they weren't in the same class as Escala. The kid that won was ok but that's all. They'll all have successful careers on piers like the one at Blackpool. Jodie has at least escaped that particular fate.

Anne x
01-Jun-08, 01:17
I thought Jessie was amazing from the very start and Jodie mediocre but they are landed with it poor Andrew and Cameron
as for the other lot first programme I watched of it Escala were head and shoulders above the rest but the wee fella has a chance in life now with the money to change his life
canna mind the 12yr old girls name but she will go far

Anyone watch Niel Diamond ? for afters OH doing his nut tonight with reality progs not usually our thing but tonight a eye opener !!! Not

Metalattakk
01-Jun-08, 01:22
90% of the British public are completely devoid of any tast.../

Utter twaddle. 90% of the morons who voted on this show may be devoid of any taste.

Don't tar the rest of us (that didn't bother with this utter nonsense) with your scabby brush. [evil]

Moi x
01-Jun-08, 01:28
George Galloway should have won.Yes, he would make a great Nancy. :D

joxville
01-Jun-08, 02:00
George Galloway should have won.

Yes, he would make a great Nancy. :D

To paraphrase G.Galloway's barrel of oil statement, "I am not now, nor have I ever been a Nancy, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a Nancy, owned one, bought one or sold one":D

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article523583.ece

Boozeburglar
01-Jun-08, 08:15
I have seen a few bits and bobs of these Idol/X Factor and all that 'shows'.

What strikes me is that there are a number of people I know who are much better singers and performers than the folk that win.

On the other hand the US shows seem to throw up some really amazing singers. Fantasia Barrino springs to mind.

What gives?

We produced The Bay City Rollers, for God's sake! Where has it all gone wrong?

:)

Boozeburglar
01-Jun-08, 08:27
ROFL!

[lol]

joxville
01-Jun-08, 11:13
I have seen a few bits and bobs of these Idol/X Factor and all that 'shows'.

What strikes me is that there are a number of people I know who are much better singers and performers than the folk that win.

On the other hand the US shows seem to throw up some really amazing singers. Fantasia Barrino springs to mind.

What gives?

We produced The Bay City Rollers, for God's sake! Where has it all gone wrong?

Thats the reason-the world hasn't forgiven us for it:D

Loch not Lock
01-Jun-08, 11:19
The best that Britain has to offer is a mediocre breakdancing loon, a woman that looks like a Blackpool landlady and a run of the mill ex-dustman singer.
I despair.
Maybe we deserve to pay £1.20/£1.30 a litre for fuel.:confused

Loch not Lock
01-Jun-08, 11:26
Of course we have talent. I'm sure all our soccer teams will do well in Euro 2008.

golach
01-Jun-08, 11:29
The best that Britain has to offer is a mediocre breakdancing loon, a woman that looks like a Blackpool landlady and a run of the mill ex-dustman singer.
I despair.
Maybe we deserve to pay £1.20/£1.30 a litre for fuel.:confused
I am sorry Loch not loch, I disagree, I thought the whole Britain has talent show was a great Variety show, I admit there were a few mediocre acts, but is that not what the word Variety is all about.
Sadly there is no place nowadays for Variety shows in the Theatres these days since the advent of television. Instead of going out to the Theatre and having a great night out, we are more content to be couch potatoes, and watching the goggle box.

Loch not Lock
01-Jun-08, 11:49
Are Ant and Dec talented? They seem to host everything except Masterchef. Can't stick them myself. My idea of talent is Stephen Fry, John Sessions, Carol Vorderman, Paul Merton, Alan Bennett and the late great Jeffrey Bernard.:)

Ash
01-Jun-08, 11:57
ant and dec are the perfect hosts for the shows i love them, they have lots of talent, george was amazing!!!

balto
01-Jun-08, 12:13
watched the final last night and what a major let down the act that was was, there was better in the final than that, no way would i be paying money to go and see an act like that, no doubt it will be in the papers tommorow that people tried to vote for one act but couldnt get through no doubt there was a bit of a fiddle here.

balto
01-Jun-08, 12:14
but as for jodie winning i'd do anything, think she is perfect for the part, she even looks like nancy, nice to see a larger lady winning a contest like this, good on you jodie.

hotrod4
01-Jun-08, 16:06
90% of the British public are completely devoid of any taste and that was proved tonight with their hideous voting in the finals of the Nancy and Britain's (Britain@s) Got Talent shows. For Jodie and George to win was farcical.

Utter nonsense!.
George deserved to win, or are you just a sore loser because you lost money on it?
If you realised how much practice and injuries george has probably had to go through you would appreciate his achievement.
As an ex-breakdancer i can appreciate how good he is and how much work it took to get his act to the stage it is at.
The public voted and thats it, he won because THE PUBLIC picked him for his merits and originality, I dont always agree with who wins talent shows but just have to live with it and vote a few more times ;)

badger
01-Jun-08, 22:30
Decided a while ago that the best way to watch this is record it so I can miss all that irritating Ant and Dec stuff and just watch the acts and judges' comments. In between all the rubbish there was some real talent but I was very disappointed with the result - he was good but I think he got the sympathy vote. It's not supposed to be about how hard you work or how much you want it, it's supposed to be how good you are and he wasn't the best.

Actually I think the competitors are fed a lot of these lines and spoilt by the producers. The continuous repetition of "I've worked so hard" became boring. The Scottish plumber actually said he was told to sing that song. The little girl in the Cheeky Monkeys was rather pretty offstage but make to look quite dreadful on with all those curls etc. Why can't they leave them alone?

Anne x
01-Jun-08, 23:06
Badger , Reality Not !!!! and what pays the wages they are told what to sing etc
I only watched the final and that was enough Escala I thought were good and the young girl

Venture
02-Jun-08, 07:33
Seems wee George may have problems ahead if he continues to dance.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1233808.ece

honey
02-Jun-08, 09:34
Utter twaddle. 90% of the morons who voted on this show may be devoid of any taste.

Don't tar the rest of us (that didn't bother with this utter nonsense) with your scabby brush. [evil]

well, thanks for that, i voted for Jodie, she was my favourite from the start, and consistently great, unlike Jessie who, IMHO, was either very brilliant or very poor... just because you DONT like someone or something, doesnt mean you should insult folk with a different opninion to you.

OH.. and both John and Denise wanted Jodie to win, and im sure they know what they are talking about..

badger
02-Jun-08, 10:48
Badger , Reality Not !!!! and what pays the wages they are told what to sing etc
I only watched the final and that was enough Escala I thought were good and the young girl

You're right of course Anne - not much real about it. Agree with your choice as well. Also liked Signature - had a sense of humour and took the decision well. Can't stand all that whining and sulking from losers.

Metalattakk
02-Jun-08, 12:10
... just because you DONT like someone or something, doesnt mean you should insult folk with a different opninion to you.

Sorry, who did I insult? The 90% of morons, or those with no taste? By the time you're taking offence, you must consider yourself as part of one of those two groups. Which is it? ;)

To get back on topic (well, relatively): Why do people deem it necessary to spend money to vote on these programmes? What possible benefit do they get out of it?

There's only one winner here folks, and it's not the act that came first in the vote.

TBH
02-Jun-08, 12:26
My god, how did that george chiel win anything with a dance that looked akin to someone getting tasered repeatedly, unadulterated rubbish.

Loch not Lock
02-Jun-08, 14:29
My god, how did that george chiel win anything with a dance that looked akin to someone getting tasered repeatedly, unadulterated rubbish.

I totally agree, THB. At least he will be unheard of in a week's time due to his lack of talent. It is so disappointing to think that thousands of people who we pass in the street daily voted for him and he won £100,000. His ability entitled him to silch.:~(

Ash
02-Jun-08, 14:32
i dont understand some people on here, george was amazing, his dance ability was shocking, he is 14 and can dance like that, im guessing the ones who didnt like him are of the older generation and wanted an opera singer or escala to win, so glad a different type of act one this year! HATED PAUL POTTS LAST YEAR, even tho people watch the show doesnt mean we all voted cause i didnt

hotrod4
02-Jun-08, 17:21

Its a style of Dancing that started in the late 80's to stop young people fighting and killing each other.
It started in the Bronx, New york and started by rival gangs as they were fed up of killing each other over "turf".
They then decided it would be a good idea to have a "battle" by dancing instead of fighting.
It worked and for years has saved many lives.
I was a Breakdancer when it exploded and I must admit with all the hours I had to put into it, it kept me and all my mates off the streets and gave us a sense of direction and mates all over the UK and we are all still good mates with fond memories.
To call it "rubbish" is unfair as it is a VERY VERY hard skill to master as you use every muscle in your body.
If you dont understand something there is no need to "rubbish" it.

Winning this comp has given that boys life a direction.
Think of all the other youngsters who will take it up now and will keep them off the streets and give them a purpose.

Breakin.........Theres no stoppin us :)

Ash
02-Jun-08, 17:23
Its a style of Dancing that started in the late 80's to stop young people fighting and killing each other.
It started in the Bronx, New york and started by rival gangs as they were fed up of killing each other over "turf".
They then decided it would be a good idea to have a "battle" by dancing instead of fighting.
I was a Breakdancer when it exploded and I must admit with all the hours I had to put into it, it kept me and all my mates off the streets and gave us a sense of direction and mates all over the UK and we are all still good mates with fond memories.
To call it "rubbish" is unfair as it is a VERY VERY hard skill to master as you use every muscle in your body.

Think of all the other youngsters who will take it up now and will keep them off the streets and give them a purpose.

Breakin.........Theres no stoppin us :)

love what you have written :D:D

hotrod4
02-Jun-08, 17:24
I totally agree, THB. At least he will be unheard of in a week's time due to his lack of talent. It is so disappointing to think that thousands of people who we pass in the street daily voted for him and he won £100,000. His ability entitled him to silch.:~(

He won £100,000 on Saturday night, how much did you win?? ;) (sorry couldnt help myself after you posted how you lost financially on the Talent shows)
If you asked me I could have given you the winner as I posted it at the beginning of the forum before the Final!!
His abilitity entitled him to £100,000.

Loch not Lock
02-Jun-08, 18:00
He won £100,000 on Saturday night, how much did you win?? ;) (sorry couldnt help myself after you posted how you lost financially on the Talent shows)
If you asked me I could have given you the winner as I posted it at the beginning of the forum before the Final!!
His abilitity entitled him to £100,000.

You are wrong, hotrod4, in that he will be a complete unknown in a week's time. He will disappear into the ether faster than any other so-called talent show winner and I would love to get a bet on that. I've nothing against the hopping loon I just cannot believe that the public are so gullible. If he had been "singing in the rain" he, perhaps, could have earned some credence.
Over the years I am showing a considerable profit on gambling on novelty markets so I am not talking through my pocket. One of the many winners I have had was Nadia in Big Brother at 80/1,66/1 and 40/1.
When it came to the final she was long odds-on so I sold some back.:D

Ash
02-Jun-08, 18:15
you may forget george but i for one will certainly not!

hotrod4
02-Jun-08, 18:33
you may forget george but i for one will certainly not!

As long as someone posts next week he wont "be forgotten in a a week".
Go George, got me reminiscing about my breakdance days, been spinning around the livingroom since Saturday (and thats without drink!)

scotsboy
02-Jun-08, 19:07
I have the following reaction to all these type of shows:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u6/nickclaw/warfgif.gif

Margaret M.
02-Jun-08, 19:34
If he had been "singing in the rain" he, perhaps, could have earned some credence.

LOL, now you are really showing your age. Gene Kelly singing and dancing in the rain would probably not win a talent contest in Watten Hall, in this day and age. The dancers nowadays, including breakdancers, are able to do amazing moves.

hotrod4
02-Jun-08, 20:46
LOL, now you are really showing your age. Gene Kelly singing and dancing in the rain would probably not win a talent contest in Watten Hall, in this day and age. The dancers nowadays, including breakdancers, are able to do amazing moves.

Well said, its sad that breakdancing was around in the 80's but yet some folk have never heard of it!
All dancers regardless of style deserve credit as its a very hard discipline.
To be honest Faryl smith was astounding as was Andrew Johnstone, I just felt the public voted for the sheer determination and guts of George.
I have watched it back on youtube and it still makes me teary!!.

I just look forward to the day that we have a Caithness entrant on the show when we can ALL get behind them.
please dont make it too long!!!! ;)

TBH
02-Jun-08, 20:51
LOL, now you are really showing your age. Gene Kelly singing and dancing in the rain would probably not win a talent contest in Watten Hall, in this day and age. The dancers nowadays, including breakdancers, are able to do amazing moves.How can you say that about one of the greatest ever musical film stars?

TBH
02-Jun-08, 22:08

Breakin.........Theres no stoppin us :)Anything that keeps the kids from kicking each others heads in can only be a good thing. Why don't you and your mates start learning those kids as you seem to feel passionate about the subject.
As for being a talent I'm afraid that I will stick to my opinion that it has very little to do with the word and there were far more worthy winners there. Sob stories as you admit yourself can be the swinging factor in these types of show and in my opinion, that is what has happened here.
I hope the kid makes good use of the money he has won but it wont last long before he is back to being a nonentity.

hotrod4
02-Jun-08, 22:22
Anything that keeps the kids from kicking each others heads in can only be a good thing. Why don't you and your mates start learning those kids as you seem to feel passionate about the subject.
As for being a talent I'm afraid that I will stick to my opinion that it has very little to do with the word and there were far more worthy winners there. Sob stories as you admit yourself can be the swinging factor in these types of show and in my opinion, that is what has happened here.
I hope the kid makes good use of the money he has won but it wont last long before he is back to being a nonentity.

If you are serious about it PM ME
I will gladly teach but wee need space!!!

Up fore it anytime
If you wanna come watch me teach kids then no prob I am so passionate about Breakdance
.more than welcome but I warn you, you will be hooked! and so will thet!
You will be surprised by the response!

TBH
02-Jun-08, 22:34

Up fore it anytime
If you wanna come watch me teach kids then no prob I am so passionate about Breakdance
You will be surprised by the response!Unfortunately I do not live there anymore and I am a wee bit long in the tooth, short in the gum to get hooked on dancing. My old bones would snap under the strain.
I am sure though that there might be an orger out there that would be willing to help you out with premises at a reasonable cost if it goes towards giving our kids a purpose instead of hanging around street corners getting bladdered.

golach
02-Jun-08, 22:41
I am sure though that there might be an orger out there that would be willing to help you out with premises at a reasonable cost if it goes towards giving our kids a purpose instead of hanging around street corners getting bladdered.
Now Now TBH, watch oot, you will be accused of infringing the little darlings rights, by forcing them to have a purpose in life. Just imagine the trauma and stress you would cause them by stopping them from getting blootered [lol]

Venture
02-Jun-08, 22:50

Up fore it anytime
You will be surprised by the response!

I think you'd be surprised at how many kids would prefer to breakdance than drink. I think it a great idea. Hopefully you won't be floored by loads of rules and regulations etc. Schools are always looking for people to give time to after school activities and I think the kids would love to learn after seeing George on BGT.

TBH
02-Jun-08, 22:53
Now Now TBH, watch oot, you will be accused of infringing the little darlings rights, by forcing them to have a purpose in life. Just imagine the trauma and stress you would cause them by stopping them from getting blootered [lol]Golach, I await the flak.:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jun-08, 23:00
George won.He was the best on the night and in the semi-finals.He wisnae just breakdancing,there was a bit of rave and jazz in there too.The boy can dance.Just a pity the worlds crying out for singers!!

Riffman
03-Jun-08, 01:03
The reason is quite simple, all the people who have real talent are out there using it, not sitting around waiting 'to be found'.

honey
03-Jun-08, 09:07
Dancing is fantastic and comes in many varieties, each are special in their own way. Just because you do not like a style, does not mean its "rubbish", people should open their minds to this.

I used Salsa dance, and thought Ballroom dancing was "boring", but from watching Strictly Come Dancing, i have fallen in love with it. I would love to learn how to do the tango or quickstep now as well as other Latin dances i would never have dreamed of doing, such as the paso doble.

George as a fantastic talent. and he will be remembered for more than a week.. he will be performing in front of Prince Charles soon!

Loch not Lock
03-Jun-08, 09:07
Here's a "treat" for you all.;) Andy Abraham live on the Wright Stuff now. Channel Five.:D