PDA

View Full Version : Reid's Bakery - Sun dried tomato bread

H
31-May-08, 12:07
wow - this is fantastic stuff. Bought a loaf this morning after being offered a sample to try. Best flavoured bread I've tasted.

floyed
31-May-08, 12:57
mmmm sounds tasty:D

Buttercup
31-May-08, 17:22
And their Butteries are the best you'll get north of Aberdeen. :D

Ash
31-May-08, 21:43
what a difference in the bakery... there son gary is in the shop alot, he is soo polite, such a nice guy, always giving out free samples aswell

pixie
02-Jun-08, 19:11
Definately the best Bakery in town!!! The Reids have always had a good reputation and it just gets better!!!! and Gary is doing a great job bringing the place forward!!!! Good to see him out and about promoting the new things! and I have to say their new steak pies are very very tasty! :D

Buttercup
02-Jun-08, 20:25
Definately the best Bakery in town!!! The Reids have always had a good reputation and it just gets better!!!! and Gary is doing a great job bringing the place forward!!!! Good to see him out and about promoting the new things! and I have to say their new steak pies are very very tasty! :D

No, sorry, definitely can't recommend Reid's Steak pies, unless you like an old boot.
MacDonald's make the best Steak pies ever, though, Jameson's are not far behind.

pixie
03-Jun-08, 17:44
Well each to their own!!!! I canna fault there steak pies but we all have different tastes!!! (luckily) What I will say though is that anytime I have been in Reids I have had excellent customer service, however I have to mention that everytime I have been in Johnstons the attitude of the staff has alot to be desired!!!!! ie..... I asked for a meat pastry..And the wiffie told me very promptly it was a Bridey!! and was extremely rude about it!! I work in a customer environment and I will be honest to say that that was the last time I was in Johnstons! even though I love their Carrot Cake! rudeness doesnt help repeat business and if I was a tourist I wld have been horrified with the hospitality and as a local lassie I wont go bk! At least Gary, Joyce & the team at Reids dont treat u like ur stupid!!!! Has anyone else had his experience????? :confused

Ash
03-Jun-08, 18:23
i agree and disagree, i was never keen on reids as the place was dirty feeling and very slow, but now its totally better, gary has alot to do with that

dunbrake
03-Jun-08, 18:31
No, sorry, definitely can't recommend Reid's Steak pies, unless you like an old boot.
MacDonald's make the best Steak pies ever, though, Jameson's are not far behind.

Must agree with Buttercup MacDonald's steak pies are the best. They also make a sun dried tomato & herb bread it's delicious.

Wispy
03-Jun-08, 20:22
Always liked Reids, at least their pies have some meat in them and their Sausage rolls are huge compared to Johnstons